Date   

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda July 22th

Kumar Gala
 

linker: aarch32: automatic derivation of region names from devicetree nodes:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36365

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/34706

Plus anything anyone else has.

- k


Developer Experience WG kickoff, Doodle

Jonathan Beri
 

Hi all,

During the Developer Summit there was a great session on developer environments and we decided to kickoff a Developer Experience WG (see RFC here.) We want to have broad input so the group is open to the community. We're planning a kickoff event and since scheduling is hard, there's a Doodle. Please add your availability by July 23, 12pm PT.

Looking forward to improving the overall experience of Zephyr, together!

--


Re: Issue when log2, printk and assert together

Srinivasan Tamilarasan
 

Hi,

Good. It is got fixed now.

 

Thank you for the response.

 

Regards,

Srinivasan

 

From: Chruściński, Krzysztof <Krzysztof.Chruscinski@...>
Sent: 21 July 2021 05:56 PM
To: devel@...; Srinivasan Tamilarasan <Srinivasan.Tamilarasan@...>
Subject: ODP: Issue when log2, printk and assert together

 

[External Email]: This email arrived from an external source - Please exercise caution when opening any attachments or clicking on links.

Hi,

 

good timing. Fix for that has been merged 40 minutes ago: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36883

When printk is redirected to logging (CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK) then printk.h includes log_msg2.h which includes cbprintf_internal.h which includes __assert.h which includes printk.h. Fixing it by adding compile time switches for including and using asserts in cbprintf and forcing to not use them when LOG_PRINTK is set. Fixes #36486.

github.com

 

 

regards,

Krzysztof


Od: devel@... <devel@...> w imieniu użytkownika Srinivasan Tamilarasan via lists.zephyrproject.org <srinivasan.tamilarasan=onsemi.com@...>
Wysłane: środa, 21 lipca 2021 14:23
Do: devel@... <devel@...>
Temat: [Zephyr-devel] Issue when log2, printk and assert together

 

Hi all,

When enable CONFIG_LOG2_MODE_DEFERRED=y, CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK=y and CONFIG_ASSERT=y flag. I am getting the build error even there is no log/assert messages are used.

 

PFA of cmake error log.

 

But when I change to old method CONFIG_LOG_MODE_DEFERRED=y then there is no build error.

 

Can anyone help me to resolve this error?

 

Idea is I need to use both assert and log together in the same project and printk messages needs to route via logging subsystem.

 

Regards,

Srinivasan


ODP: Issue when log2, printk and assert together

Chruściński, Krzysztof
 

Hi,

good timing. Fix for that has been merged 40 minutes ago: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36883
When printk is redirected to logging (CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK) then printk.h includes log_msg2.h which includes cbprintf_internal.h which includes __assert.h which includes printk.h. Fixing it by adding compile time switches for including and using asserts in cbprintf and forcing to not use them when LOG_PRINTK is set. Fixes #36486.
github.com


regards,
Krzysztof

Od: devel@... <devel@...> w imieniu użytkownika Srinivasan Tamilarasan via lists.zephyrproject.org <srinivasan.tamilarasan=onsemi.com@...>
Wysłane: środa, 21 lipca 2021 14:23
Do: devel@... <devel@...>
Temat: [Zephyr-devel] Issue when log2, printk and assert together
 

Hi all,

When enable CONFIG_LOG2_MODE_DEFERRED=y, CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK=y and CONFIG_ASSERT=y flag. I am getting the build error even there is no log/assert messages are used.

 

PFA of cmake error log.

 

But when I change to old method CONFIG_LOG_MODE_DEFERRED=y then there is no build error.

 

Can anyone help me to resolve this error?

 

Idea is I need to use both assert and log together in the same project and printk messages needs to route via logging subsystem.

 

Regards,

Srinivasan


Issue when log2, printk and assert together

Srinivasan Tamilarasan
 

Hi all,

When enable CONFIG_LOG2_MODE_DEFERRED=y, CONFIG_LOG_PRINTK=y and CONFIG_ASSERT=y flag. I am getting the build error even there is no log/assert messages are used.

 

PFA of cmake error log.

 

But when I change to old method CONFIG_LOG_MODE_DEFERRED=y then there is no build error.

 

Can anyone help me to resolve this error?

 

Idea is I need to use both assert and log together in the same project and printk messages needs to route via logging subsystem.

 

Regards,

Srinivasan


API meeting cancelled today

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

I cancelled the API meeting today, due to holidays and lack of urgent issues to discuss.

Thanks,

Carles


Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, July 20, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 07/19/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
07/19/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:
Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: Zephyr Dev Summit videos

Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>
 

Hi all: 

The ecosystem and cloud videos were published this week. Please see below. 



There are a few additional videos (overviews or re-takes) that will be published next week but the bulk of them are now live. You can view them on the blog or watch them on Youtube. 

All Zephyr Developer Summit blog content can be found here: https://www.zephyrproject.org/category/zephyr-developer-summit/

Thanks,
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
Senior PR Manager
The Linux Foundation 
ELISA, Open Mainframe Project, Zephyr Project
(602) 541-0356
@Maemalynn




On Jul 8, 2021, at 12:11 PM, Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...> wrote:

Hi All:

The next batch of videos were posted today and Tuesday. Please see below. 



Thanks!
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
Senior PR Manager
The Linux Foundation 
ELISA, Open Mainframe Project, Zephyr Project
(602) 541-0356
@Maemalynn




On Jul 2, 2021, at 8:04 AM, Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...> wrote:

HI All:

All of the Device Management videos from the Zephyr Dev Summit were posted. You can find the blog here: https://www.zephyrproject.org/device-management/.

Other blogs/videos previously posted:

You can also find the videos on our Youtube Channel in the Zephyr Developer Summit Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzRQULb6-ipG39tVb-DEkIoSS5wQlbK6i

Next week, we’ll be posting videos related to Virtualization and Memory Isolation videos as well as Boards, Configurations and Hardware Interaction. 

Have a wonderful weekend!
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
Senior PR Manager
The Linux Foundation 
ELISA, Open Mainframe Project, Zephyr Project
(602) 541-0356
@Maemalynn







Re: Contributing with custom sensor driver

Carles Cufi
 

Hi there,

 

Zephyr is an open source project. Anyone can send a Pull Request and get their code merged into the main branch. The fact that many contributions come from companies does not mean that individuals do not contribute, they do in large numbers.

 

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/index.html

 

Regards,

 

Carles

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of morsisko via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 16 July 2021 00:23
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Contributing with custom sensor driver

 

Hello,

I wanted to ask what is your policy on adding new sensor drivers to the project repository.
Let's say I've created a driver to a sensor that is currently not supported by the Zephyr system. Are you accepting pull requests with such drivers? Or maybe you want to keep only selected sensor drivers in the main repository? Do I need to be the chip manufacturer to push the driver? Because as far as I see, majority of the drivers that are currently in the repository are licensed by Intel, NXP or other big companies.

Best regards,
morsisko


Contributing with custom sensor driver

morsisko
 

Hello,

I wanted to ask what is your policy on adding new sensor drivers to the project repository.
Let's say I've created a driver to a sensor that is currently not supported by the Zephyr system. Are you accepting pull requests with such drivers? Or maybe you want to keep only selected sensor drivers in the main repository? Do I need to be the chip manufacturer to push the driver? Because as far as I see, majority of the drivers that are currently in the repository are licensed by Intel, NXP or other big companies.

Best regards,
morsisko


Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda July 15th

Bolivar, Marti
 

Minutes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15KUINNj7Re0GQiWYpqKvO5jgDw8oiQv3SGJfNHGaPOU/edit?pli=1#heading=h.xuqvp7a5nn9s

We didn't have time to get to anything besides the first topic today.

"Kumar Gala via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<kumar.gala=linaro.org@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fissues%2F34706&;data=04%7C01%7Cmarti.bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7Cab039ca82b974bd5a33a08d9478cd8ce%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637619494401999053%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=IKISlh8VtbN762kmo0cHHdKvZaVCUm7UX1XQwaKyq6c%3D&amp;reserved=0

drivers: flash partition support:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F36979&;data=04%7C01%7Cmarti.bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7Cab039ca82b974bd5a33a08d9478cd8ce%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637619494402009001%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=1uoVmqCDbKs5t3mnCMq7wt6NQ2Pi7m0t4e50jn8HLn0%3D&amp;reserved=0

Add reserved-memory support:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F35460&;data=04%7C01%7Cmarti.bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7Cab039ca82b974bd5a33a08d9478cd8ce%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637619494402009001%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=mShDhNhCXm3lrnvMoG3pTrUiTjQrySQ837hRaTkQ9YY%3D&amp;reserved=0

linker: aarch32: automatic derivation of region names from devicetree nodes:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F36365&;data=04%7C01%7Cmarti.bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7Cab039ca82b974bd5a33a08d9478cd8ce%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637619494402009001%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=dqcR7p3gC5iQSwGiACemC4RX1frhW1VT1lxLpGfMO%2Fc%3D&amp;reserved=0

Plus anything anyone else has.

- k



Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - 07/15/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When:
07/15/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Dev-Review Meeting Agenda July 15th

Kumar Gala
 

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/34706

drivers: flash partition support:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36979

Add reserved-memory support:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/35460

linker: aarch32: automatic derivation of region names from devicetree nodes:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36365

Plus anything anyone else has.

- k


doubt regarding console

Rafael Dias
 

I'm starting to work with the modem SIM7000.
To do this, I'm using a B-L475E-IOT01A with the DF Robots SIM7000 arduino expansion shield.
Well, I'd like to exercise the AT commands before integrate it into the device driver. Are there some mechanism to enable the terminal on the IoT node board, enable the serial port between the iot node board and the SIM7000 expansion shield, control the GPIOs to turn on/off  and verify the modem status and etc?

Is this done only programmatically?

best regards and thank in advance
Rafael Dias


Re: Kernel ticks

Greg Shue
 

Related question:

 

For long-lived battery powered devices a sys tick rate of 100HZ may burn _way_ too much energy.  How slow a sys-tick is supported (1 Hz, 0.5 Hz?) before having to go tickles?

 

Regards,

Greg

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Raj Gundi via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2021 8:41 AM
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Kernel ticks

 

Hi All,

 

I see that the kernel tick is decided by the value given to SYS_CLOCK_TICKS_PER_SEC. For most of the applications, the kernel tick is configured for 1ms or 10ms (corresponding to a value of 1000 or 100 for SYS_CLOCK_TICKS_PER_SEC). I am wondering if it is possible to go below 1ms. I mean, if we have got a very powerful processor, there may be requirements to have something like a 100us tick (considering all trade-offs). Does Zephyr kernel support such requirements?

 

Appreciate any inputs. Thanks in advance.

 

Regards,

Raj



Ce message, ainsi que tous les fichiers joints à ce message, peuvent contenir des informations sensibles et/ ou confidentielles ne devant pas être divulguées. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message (ou que vous recevez ce message par erreur), nous vous remercions de le notifier immédiatement à son expéditeur, et de détruire ce message. Toute copie, divulgation, modification, utilisation ou diffusion, non autorisée, directe ou indirecte, de tout ou partie de ce message, est strictement interdite.
Se désabonner: Si vous souhaitez être retiré de notre liste de diffusion, s'il vous plaît envoyer vos coordonnées à CASL.unsubscribe@... et indiquer quels sont les messages que vous ne souhaitez plus recevoir.


This e-mail, and any document attached hereby, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized, direct or indirect, copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of the material or parts thereof is strictly forbidden.
Unsubscribe: If you would like to be removed from our mailing list, please send your contact information to CASL.unsubscribe@... and indicate what messages you no longer wish to receive.


Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 07/13/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
07/13/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Time-permitting:

- drivers: spi: Use timeout for transfer completion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/33230

Carles

-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 13 July 2021 14:47
To: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org
Cc: Ermel, Dominik <Dominik.Ermel@nordicsemi.no>;
krzysztof.kopyscinski@codecoup.pl; michal.narajowski@codecoup.pl; Snekvik,
Trond <Trond.Einar.Snekvik@nordicsemi.no>; johan.hedberg@intel.com
Subject: API meeting: agenda

Hi all,

Agenda for today.

- GATT Read Multiple
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/36544

- Mesh: Add return value for opcode callback
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/36435

- Partition ID generation
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/36517

- Flash: New API to access flash information
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/36485

If you have additional items please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40threa
d.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-
b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-
5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/g/devel/calendar
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18

Minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit#

Regards,

Carles


API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Re: Kernel ticks

pawel.dunaj@...
 

Hi,
Yes. Even the defaults suggest that as you get default 10000 if TICKLESS_KERNEL.
But for cooperative threads it does not really matter as these are not preempted with timeslice. The only visible benefit is shorter sleep time.
Regard,

221 - 240 of 8115