Date

West Flash python dependency issue

Srinivasan Tamilarasan

Hi Guys,

When I try flash my custom board using west –verbose flash command, I am getting below python dependency error. Can you help me to resolve this issue?

-- west flash: using runner jlink.

FATAL ERROR: verbose mode enabled, dumping stack:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "c:\python39\lib\runpy.py", line 197, in _run_module_as_main

    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,

  File "c:\python39\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code

    exec(code, run_globals)

  File "C:\Python39\Scripts\west.exe\__main__.py", line 7, in <module>

  File "c:\python39\lib\site-packages\west\app\main.py", line 779, in main

    app.run(argv or sys.argv[1:])

  File "c:\python39\lib\site-packages\west\app\main.py", line 106, in run

    self.run_command(argv)

  File "c:\python39\lib\site-packages\west\app\main.py", line 338, in run_command

    self.run_extension(args.command, argv)

  File "c:\python39\lib\site-packages\west\app\main.py", line 408, in run_extension

    command.run(args, unknown, self.topdir, manifest=self.manifest)

  File "c:\python39\lib\site-packages\west\commands.py", line 132, in run

    self.do_run(args, unknown)

  File "D:\BIDC\Development\3_IPC\zephyr\zephyr\scripts\west_commands\flash.py", line 29, in do_run

    do_run_common(self, my_args, runner_args)

  File "D:\BIDC\Development\3_IPC\zephyr\zephyr\scripts/west_commands\run_common.py", line 228, in do_run_common

    runner.run(command_name)

  File "D:\BIDC\Development\3_IPC\zephyr\zephyr\scripts/west_commands\runners\core.py", line 509, in run

    self.do_run(command, **kwargs)

  File "D:\BIDC\Development\3_IPC\zephyr\zephyr\scripts/west_commands\runners\jlink.py", line 183, in do_run

    raise RuntimeError('one or more Python dependencies were missing; '

RuntimeError: one or more Python dependencies were missing; see the getting started guide for details on how to fix.

Regards,

Srinivasan

Re: LittleFS doesn't read from image #nvs

Daniel O <danielso.91@...>

Edited

Solved!

For those who are facing the same problem: LittleFS can't read last file created #36775

Re: Zephyr Dev Summit Blog

Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>

Hi All:

The next batch of videos were posted today and Tuesday. Please see below.

Thanks!
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
Senior PR Manager
The Linux Foundation
ELISA, Open Mainframe Project, Zephyr Project
(602) 541-0356
@Maemalynn

On Jul 2, 2021, at 8:04 AM, Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...> wrote:

HI All:

All of the Device Management videos from the Zephyr Dev Summit were posted. You can find the blog here: https://www.zephyrproject.org/device-management/.

Other blogs/videos previously posted:

You can also find the videos on our Youtube Channel in the Zephyr Developer Summit Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzRQULb6-ipG39tVb-DEkIoSS5wQlbK6i

Next week, we’ll be posting videos related to Virtualization and Memory Isolation videos as well as Boards, Configurations and Hardware Interaction.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
Senior PR Manager
The Linux Foundation
ELISA, Open Mainframe Project, Zephyr Project
(602) 541-0356
@Maemalynn

Getting internet connectivity to nRF5340dk

Brenton Chetty

Hi, I am attempting to connect my nRF5340dk to an online kapua server using MQTT.

I managed to use qemu to successfully connect to the server using protobufs.

My end goal is to use a separate GSM module to gain internet access, but If it wouldn't be too difficult, I would like to connect my nRF5340dk to an external network using my PC internet connection, via slip (USB) or any other approach. I know it's possible with RIOT-OS, but I'm new to Zephyr so I don't know how to go about implementing it

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

With thanks
Brenton

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, July 8, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, July 8, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 07/06/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
07/06/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

API meeting: agenda

Alexander Wachter

Hi all,

Seems that nobody is driving the meeting today, so I'll take over again.

Items for today`s API meeting:

Stable API changes

- API Change: Flash: New API to access flash information #36485 (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/36485)

- Bluetooth: Mesh: Add return value for opcode callback #34606 (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/34606)

- Bluetooth: gatt: Add option to read multiple without variable length #36281 (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36281)

API enhancement items:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3A[…]esc+label%3AEnhancement+no%3Aassignee+label%3A%22area%3A+API%22

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/g/devel/calendar

Alex

Event: Zephyr: Networking Forum - 07/06/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Networking Forum

When:
07/06/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: tsc@...

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

LittleFS on SD card

Benedikt Schmidt

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to implement a little fs on a SD card. I even got it running already, but only with a nasty hack. I'm fetching the device with device_get_binding, casting the const away and set the API. This works most of the time, but sometimes this setting gets overriden again. Which is absolutely fine, removing const from the return value is a subtle hint that you are doing something wrong ;-).

Now I would like to go for a proper solution and before I push a pull request I would like to ask if it has a chance to get approved upstream at all.

My proposal is reusing the already existing properties lfs_config.read, lfs_config.prog and  lfs_config.erase. If they are already set, do not override them in littlefs_mount. On top of that I would also have to handle the calls to flash_area_open, flash_area_get_device, ... and so on differently. Maybe providing them as properties of lfs_config as well?

As you can see, I'm not really dead sure which would be the best approach, therefore I would be glad about inputs which changes have a chance to get approved for upstream.

Benedikt Schmidt
Embedded Software Engineer
SILA Embedded Solutions GmbH
Framsweg 16
6020 Innsbruck
Austria
+43 512 319492
www.embedded-solutions.at
FN 408741s, HG St. Pölten

LittleFS doesn't read from image #nvs

Daniel O <dsoliveira@...>

Edited

Hi there,

**************************

Update (7/7/21):

For some reason, I can't read the file unless I create a second one. After that I can read the first file but not the second file and so on. The new file could be empty.

*****************************

I created an image on Ubuntu as described in Littlefs-fuse, with a simple TXT file just for testing and flashed it image at the correct uC's memory address.
If I create a new file in runtime, I can write and read the content easily. However, for some reason, I cannot read the TXT file content.
The function fs_open(&file, fname_txt, FS_O_READ); returns 0, which means it found the file, but the fs_read(&file, &buffer, sizeof(buffer)); returns 0 and the buffer array is empty.

I guess it could be some image's configuration, but I can't figure it out.
Someone have experience something similar?

Thank you

Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 07/05/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
07/05/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#

Re: Problem when flashing nrf52840dk_nrf52840

lairdjm

Hi Omar,

Have you updated to the latest version of the nRF command line tools from https://www.nordicsemi.com/Software-and-Tools/Development-Tools/nRF-Command-Line-Tools and can you try manually using them from a command prompt, e.g. nrfjprog -f NRF52 --memrd 0x1000

If you have an nRF52832 board attached, you cannot flash an nRF52840 project, you would need an nRF52840 development board/kit.

Thanks,
Jamie