Date

Bluetooth: about latest Kernel OOPS

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi,
Today I synced my local repo with Zephyr master & while testing with
Bluetooth Mesh App I got following Kernel OOPS:

***** Kernel OOPS! *****
Faulting instruction address = 0x16d84
Fatal fault in ISR! Spinning...

I executed following command :
/opt/zephyr-sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-zephyr-eabi/arm-zephyr-eabi-addr2line -e zephyr.elf 0x16d84

o/p ->
/home/vikrant/zephyr/subsys/bluetooth/controller/ll_sw/ctrl.c:6353

Please suggest me how to overcome this.

Thank You !!

Type-C PD (TCPC / TCPM)

david <david@...>

Hi,

Checking in if anyone has been looking at generic USB Type-C PD support?

There are obviously various ways this is dealt with in products on the market,
some uses more primitive PHY's + a big chunk of driver-code running on cpu,
some are completely standalone (proprietary / less flexible) with it's own little
cpu & binary that can operate autonomously or via a high-level serial-protocol.

Then there are parts supporting TCPC / TCPM, where the 'port-manager' runs
on the host cpu talking to the phy via (I assume) a somewhat standardized
protocol that should be generic between PD IC's supporting it.

Thoughts?

best David

Re: [Zephyr-users] WSL builds now functional

Saurabh Pandey <saurabh_0711@...>

Good to know that we can work on WSL

On Thursday, 4 October, 2018, 2:01:30 PM IST, Cufi, Carles <carles.cufi@...> wrote:

Hi all,

You might know that if you use Windows 10, you can benefit from WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) to build Zephyr. This is of course no longer necessary, since we now fully support native Windows command prompts, but it can be useful if you want to run sanitycheck (not yet ported to Windows) or other Linux-only tools.

Until now there was a bug [1] in WSL that prevented Zephyr for building on WSL. This has now been fixed in Windows 10 release 1809, so I took the opportunity to build tests/bluetooth/shell for nrf52_pca10040 on my (very slow) Windows laptop and compare times:

Linux VM: 21s
Native Windows Command Prompt: 24s
WSL: 26s

As always you are free to pick your platform (macOS works fine too) to build Zephyr.

Carles

Re: nrf52840 dongle

Puzdrowski, Andrzej

I think you can start form looking at the ticket Nordic PCA10059 support without additional Seeger debugger https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/9055 and related PRs

As you can see what you want is actually in progress.

There is no need to modify linker script – partitions you can move using DTS overlay files – I recommend to look at zephyr developer guide for more info (and the code as well)

Andrzej

From: Cale Collins <ccollins@...>
Date: Wednesday, 3 October 2018 at 20:48
To: "Cufi, Carles" <Carles.Cufi@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>, Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@...>

Charles,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Here is a paste-bin of the logs you requested.  Please let me know if there's any further information you would like me to provide.

Best regards,

Cale Collins
Field Application Engineer
Gateworks Corporation

3026 S. Higuera, SLO, CA 93401
T: (805)781-2000 x37

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 8:56 AM, Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Hi there,

Could you please attach a btmon log of the attach procedure?

On one shell run “sudo btmon”

On another shell then run: “sudo btattach -B /dev/ttyACM0 -S 1000000”

And then attach the log output from btmon in an email or paste service.

Also, have you tried “sudo btmgmt --index 0”? i.e. specifying the index when invoking btmgmt?

Carles

[...]

nrf52840 dongle

Marcio Montenegro

Hi all,

I would like to use nrf52840 dongle for zephyr development.
I don´t have j-link cable and I wonder if I can flash the project using Nordic nrfutil.
As far as I know I need to change linker script address from 0 to 0x1000.
Can someone share how to change the linker script for nrf52840.

Best regards,
Marcio Montenegro

Re: Choosing Tx Buffers in BLE stack

dhguja@gmail.com

Hello All,
     I did some more debugging on my problem and i noticed that whenever the characters are stopped receiving by windows host i get a disconnection in my device with either
LMP RESPONSE TIMEOUT / LL RESPONSE TIMEOUT (0x22) or CONNECTION TIMEOUT (0x08) always.

Is this expected on the zephyr side? Is there anything else i can do from my device perspective?

I also posted my queries in MS forums and waiting for some solution there too.

Thanks for the help.
Dhananjay G J

WSL builds now functional

You might know that if you use Windows 10, you can benefit from WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) to build Zephyr. This is of course no longer necessary, since we now fully support native Windows command prompts, but it can be useful if you want to run sanitycheck (not yet ported to Windows) or other Linux-only tools.

Until now there was a bug [1] in WSL that prevented Zephyr for building on WSL. This has now been fixed in Windows 10 release 1809, so I took the opportunity to build tests/bluetooth/shell for nrf52_pca10040 on my (very slow) Windows laptop and compare times:

Linux VM: 21s
Native Windows Command Prompt: 24s
WSL: 26s

As always you are free to pick your platform (macOS works fine too) to build Zephyr.

Carles

[1] https://github.com/Microsoft/WSL/issues/3154

Re: Does Zephyr allow provisioning using relays?

IosuGorostiza <balcalde@...>

Thanks.

[...]

How to flush the HCI_UART to c #ble #nrf52832

prabhakaran@...

Hi,

We had builded the HCI_UART to nrf52832(since our device take only .zip file) and tried to flush to Nordic Development kit, but couldnt able to while doing make flush.

could you please recommend which file need to be pushed incase we need to flush manually

Re: HCI_UART

Cale Collins <ccollins@...>

[...]

HCI_UART

Cale Collins <ccollins@...>

[...]