Date   

Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 10/22/2020 3:00pm-4:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 22 October 2020, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Oct 22

Kumar Gala
 

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:


* [RFC]: Macro for defining file system API with default function assigned:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/29396

* Revert "shell: support floating point output..."
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/29203

* Any PR/issues w/dev-review tag

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/labels/dev-review

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k


Zephyr SDK 0.12.0-beta-1 available for testing

Kumar Gala
 

Hi,

Latest version of the SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.12.0-beta-1

Please download and try things out and report any issues. Please report issues here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/issues

Known issues (these are on the Zephyr side):

* some xtensa platforms may need updating w/regards to Zephyr & Xtensa HAL
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23142 ]

* known issue with arm64 and linking C++ & newlib:
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/28650 ]

Changes since the last release (alpha-1):

• Fix for running SDK on CentOS
• change to install scripts to allow automated install
• RiscV PMP fixes backported from upstream qemu
• Bossa support for SAM4L

- k


RFC: API Change: Bluetooth: Update indication callback parameters

Jordan Yates
 

Hi All,

I am proposing an update to the callback signature of the Bluetooth GATT indication function.
This change would bring the callback in-line with the other GATT callbacks (read, write, notify) by providing the original parameter struct as an argument.


Cheers,

Jordan Yates
Embedded Engineer

DATA61 / CSIRO

E Jordan.Yates@...

www.csiro.au

 


Re: zephyr: Getting GPIOs from DTS file without aliases

Kumar Gala
 

Can you do:

grep DT_N_NODELABEL zephyr/include/generated/devicetree_unfixed.h

- k

On Oct 20, 2020, at 1:22 PM, Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...> wrote:

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the response, still couldn't compile.

const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A), gpios);

error: 'DT_N_NODELABEL_EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A_P_gpios_IDX_0_PH_P_label' undeclared (first use in this function)
25 | DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A), gpios);

Regards
Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 11:09 AM
To: Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...>
Cc: devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] zephyr: Getting GPIOs from DTS file without aliases



On Oct 20, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have a dts file for GPIO configs. I would like to know if it is possible to get the GPIOs without aliases

DTS file:
pow_seq_gpio_keys {
compatible = "gpio-keys";

EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A: GPIOA3 {
label = "EN_PP3300_A";
gpios = <&gpioa 3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
};
};

aliases {
pp3300aout = &EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A;
};

C file:
Compiles:
const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_ALIAS(pp3300aout), gpios));

fails to compile:
const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A, gpios));
I think you want DT_NODELABEL.

DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A), gpios)

- k


Re: zephyr: Getting GPIOs from DTS file without aliases

Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...>
 

Changing to definition in DTS file to lowercase without underscore works with Kumar's fix

enpp3p3: GPIOA3 {
label = "EN_PP3300_A";
gpios = <&gpioa 3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
};

const struct device *pin_pp3300_en =
device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(enpp3p3), gpios));

-----Original Message-----
From: Hiremath, Vijay P
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 11:23 AM
To: Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...>
Cc: devel@...
Subject: RE: [Zephyr-devel] zephyr: Getting GPIOs from DTS file without aliases

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the response, still couldn't compile.

const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A), gpios);

error: 'DT_N_NODELABEL_EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A_P_gpios_IDX_0_PH_P_label' undeclared (first use in this function)
25 | DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A), gpios);

Regards
Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 11:09 AM
To: Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...>
Cc: devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] zephyr: Getting GPIOs from DTS file without aliases



On Oct 20, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have a dts file for GPIO configs. I would like to know if it is possible to get the GPIOs without aliases

DTS file:
pow_seq_gpio_keys {
compatible = "gpio-keys";

EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A: GPIOA3 {
label = "EN_PP3300_A";
gpios = <&gpioa 3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
};
};

aliases {
pp3300aout = &EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A;
};

C file:
Compiles:
const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_ALIAS(pp3300aout), gpios));

fails to compile:
const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A, gpios));
I think you want DT_NODELABEL.

DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A), gpios)

- k


Re: zephyr: Getting GPIOs from DTS file without aliases

Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...>
 

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the response, still couldn't compile.

const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A), gpios);

error: 'DT_N_NODELABEL_EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A_P_gpios_IDX_0_PH_P_label' undeclared (first use in this function)
25 | DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A), gpios);

Regards
Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 11:09 AM
To: Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...>
Cc: devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] zephyr: Getting GPIOs from DTS file without aliases



On Oct 20, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have a dts file for GPIO configs. I would like to know if it is possible to get the GPIOs without aliases

DTS file:
pow_seq_gpio_keys {
compatible = "gpio-keys";

EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A: GPIOA3 {
label = "EN_PP3300_A";
gpios = <&gpioa 3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
};
};

aliases {
pp3300aout = &EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A;
};

C file:
Compiles:
const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_ALIAS(pp3300aout), gpios));

fails to compile:
const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A, gpios));
I think you want DT_NODELABEL.

DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A), gpios)

- k


Re: zephyr: Getting GPIOs from DTS file without aliases

Kumar Gala
 

On Oct 20, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have a dts file for GPIO configs. I would like to know if it is possible to get the GPIOs without aliases

DTS file:
pow_seq_gpio_keys {
compatible = "gpio-keys";

EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A: GPIOA3 {
label = "EN_PP3300_A";
gpios = <&gpioa 3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
};
};

aliases {
pp3300aout = &EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A;
};

C file:
Compiles:
const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_ALIAS(pp3300aout), gpios));

fails to compile:
const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A, gpios));
I think you want DT_NODELABEL.

DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_NODELABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A), gpios)

- k


zephyr: Getting GPIOs from DTS file without aliases

Hiremath, Vijay P <vijay.p.hiremath@...>
 

Hi All,

 

I have a dts file for GPIO configs. I would like to know if it is possible to get the GPIOs without aliases

 

DTS file:

        pow_seq_gpio_keys {

                compatible = "gpio-keys";

            

EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A: GPIOA3 {

                        label = "EN_PP3300_A";

                        gpios = <&gpioa 3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;

                };

        };

 

        aliases {

                pp3300aout = &EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A;

        };

 

C file:

Compiles:

        const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(DT_ALIAS(pp3300aout), gpios));

 

fails to compile:

        const struct device *pin_pp3300_en = device_get_binding(DT_GPIO_LABEL(EC_VR_EN_PP3300_A, gpios));

 

Regards

Vijay


Re: [Zephyr-users] API meeting: agenda

Kumar Gala
 

On Oct 20, 2020, at 6:51 AM, Carles Cufi <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Agenda for today.

- workqueue: Introduce delayable work
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28891

- Add regulator driver infrastructure
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28977

- Zephyr Bluetooth Authentication - ZEBRA
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/27360

- API to correlate system time with external time sources and translate uptime to wall-clock time
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/23465

and then, time permitting we'd like to follow-up on pinctrl:

- Pinmux and pinctrl API: Decide what the priorities for this are, and how to get to LTS with it
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/22748
Just FYI, some of the label & links are mismatched (ie link takes you to one of the other PRs)

- k


2 questions about zephyrproject-rtos

szg10086@...
 

Hello,
Sorry to bother you that when I read the zephyrproject-rtos I had 2 questions.
In include/linker/linker-defs.h:117 there are some codes:

#define CREATE_OBJ_LEVEL(object, level)                         \
                __##object##_##level##_start = .;               \
                KEEP(*(SORT(.object##_##level[0-9]*)));         \
                KEEP(*(SORT(.object##_##level[1-9][0-9]*)));

It collects all these kinds of sections in order in linker script files.

The first question is what does the last '*' mean in the third line and fourth line. Does it mean the end or any kind of suffix?

The second question is whether there exists ambiguity in fourth line when level = 1, prio = 23 and when level = 12, prio = 3. Actually the maximum value of level is _SYS_INIT_LEVEL_SMP (equals 4 in init.h), however, I want to make sure about this question.

thank you.

Zhengguang Shi
Oct. 21st, 2020


Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 10/20/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 20 October 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Re: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 19 October 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten
 

Today’s MoM:

Notes/Minutes

The following warning is seen `warning: redefinition of typedef 'k_tid_t'`
Same as described here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28531

  • Followup on getting lld working as linker
  • Llvm11 should be looked at next, @Anas will try Llvm11
  • Getting llvm into Zephyr SDK, to ensure a single and working version, and to make it easier to get started with Zephyr development.

 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

 

/torsten

 

From: Rasmussen, Torsten
Sent: 19 October, 2020 14:40
To: devel@...
Subject: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 19 October 2020

 

There has been no objections to the proposed timeslot for Toolchain WG at Mondays, UTC 3PM / CEST 5PM / CDT 10 AM, so meeting has been moved.


Call for today’s Toolchain WG.

 

Agenda

 

·         Updates:

o    Thomas: IAR: Updates ?

o    Zephyr SDK.

o    Milestones for 2.5, news.

 

 

Feel free to send a mail, if you would like additional topics to be discussed.

 

Best regards

 

Torsten T. Rasmussen           

 

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)

Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

        

           

 

 

 

Torsten Tejlmand Rasmussen

Senior R&D Engineer

P: +47 72 89 92 47

 

Nordic

 

Nordic Semiconductor

Otto Nielsens veg 12, 7052 Trondheim, Norway

www.nordicsemi.com

 

 

SM_symbol_FB  nordic_symbol_small_TW  nordic_symbol_small_YT_ny2  nordic_symbol_small_IN  

 

DevZone

           

 


Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 10/19/2020 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
Monday, 19 October 2020
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 10/19/2020 3:00pm-4:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When: Monday, 19 October 2020, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: Maureen Helm

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 19 October 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten
 

There has been no objections to the proposed timeslot for Toolchain WG at Mondays, UTC 3PM / CEST 5PM / CDT 10 AM, so meeting has been moved.


Call for today’s Toolchain WG.

 

Agenda

 

  • Updates:
    • Thomas: IAR: Updates ?
    • Zephyr SDK.
    • Milestones for 2.5, news.

 

 

Feel free to send a mail, if you would like additional topics to be discussed.

 

Best regards

 

Torsten T. Rasmussen           

 

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)

Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

        

           

 

 

 

Torsten Tejlmand Rasmussen

Senior R&D Engineer

P: +47 72 89 92 47

 

Nordic

 

Nordic Semiconductor

Otto Nielsens veg 12, 7052 Trondheim, Norway

www.nordicsemi.com

 

 

SM_symbol_FB  nordic_symbol_small_TW  nordic_symbol_small_YT_ny2  nordic_symbol_small_IN  

 

DevZone

           

 


Re: SMP support for RISC-V privilege architecture

Katsuhiro Suzuki
 

Hi Andrew,

On 2020/10/17 8:16, Boie, Andrew P wrote:
Hi Katsuhiro,

Who is maintainer of RISC-V porting area?
That is actually a pretty good question.
The Risc-V arch port is currently in an "orphaned" state, as noted in MAINTAINERS.yaml.
The original contributors have not been heard from for some time.
Oh... I didn't check MAINTAINERS.yaml.


The project could really use someone to step up and take over maintainership of this arch.
Hmm... Can I help this issue?


I have also been frustrated by this, as there are some other recent contributions to enable user mode on Risc-V, but finding people to review the code, or help with some of the HW issues Alexandre is seeing when testing it, has been difficult.
Are you talking about this PR?
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/27063

I have HiFive Unleashed (RV64 board) and buy a HiFive1 Rev.B (RV32 board).
Maybe I can get it in this week. After I receive it, I can help creating
board config for these boards and basic testing on RV32/RV64 real HW...


Andrew
Best Regards,
Katsuhiro Suzuki


Re: SMP support for RISC-V privilege architecture

Boie, Andrew P
 

Hi Katsuhiro,

Who is maintainer of RISC-V porting area?
That is actually a pretty good question.
The Risc-V arch port is currently in an "orphaned" state, as noted in MAINTAINERS.yaml.
The original contributors have not been heard from for some time.

The project could really use someone to step up and take over maintainership of this arch.

I have also been frustrated by this, as there are some other recent contributions to enable user mode on Risc-V, but finding people to review the code, or help with some of the HW issues Alexandre is seeing when testing it, has been difficult.

Andrew


SMP support for RISC-V privilege architecture

Katsuhiro Suzuki
 

Hello,

Who is maintainer of RISC-V porting area?
I want to discuss about SMP support for RISC-V with maintainer(s).

Near a week ago, I posted SMP support for RISC-V and few days ago
Jim Shu from Andes Technology posted another version.

In such case what should I do for merging SMP support onto upstream?
Simply maintainers needs more days for reviewing both patch sets?
Or do I need to add more works (ex. unifying both patch set)?

Best Regards,
Katsuhiro Suzuki