Date

Re: #bluetoothmesh Help for sending and receiving messages through mesh #bluetoothmesh

paul.leguennec@...

Edited

Hi,

I am trying to implement two vendor models : one client and one server. I made a little specification of that model, and it just need two messages handlers : get and status. The client will send a get message to the server to receive a status response from the server.

To send periodically this message, as Johan Hedberg suggested me, I want to use periodic publishing.
Yet, I have trouble to see how I can use it. This is what I have add in my code :
/*
 * Client Configuration Declaration
 */

static struct bt_mesh_cfg_cli cfg_cli = {
};

static struct bt_mesh_cfg_mod_pub mod_periodic_pub = {
    .ttl     = 7,
    .period    = BT_MESH_PUB_PERIOD_SEC(7),

};
I don't believe it should be written like that. Could someone help me ?

EDIT
Also, for my Vendor Models I don't know if i should add a vendor_publish function, I just want to send a get message periodically to the server so it can respond with the status message.

Regards,
Paul.

Re: Web Server

Jukka Rissanen

Hi Nicholas,

see https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/14467 for
discussion about HTTP API support.

Cheers,
Jukka

On Mon, 2019-04-15 at 18:02 +0000, via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org wrote:
Hello,

I see there is an example for a dumb HTTP server for Zephyr in the
samples folder. This example serves a single static web page when
going to that IP address in a web browser. Is it possible to make a
dynamic web page using Zephyr?

My use case is to have my FRDM-K64F board host the server and change
values on the web page every couple seconds. The board will receive
data and put it on the web page essentially. Is this possible?

I also read online that Zephyr removed its HTTP API. Would this
affect me trying to build this application?

Regards, Nick Nicholas Yameen
R&D Engineer

D 978-975-9675 x59675
E Nicholas.Yameen@schneider-electric.com 800 Federal Street
Andover, MA 01810
United States

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Re: Web Server

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Nicholas,

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 18:02:46 +0000
<Nicholas.Yameen=se.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> wrote:

I see there is an example for a dumb HTTP server for Zephyr in the
samples folder. This example serves a single static web page when
going to that IP address in a web browser. Is it possible to make a
dynamic web page using Zephyr?

My use case is to have my FRDM-K64F board host the server and change
values on the web page every couple seconds. The board will receive
data and put it on the web page essentially. Is this possible?
Zephyr offers a (sizable subset of) BSD Socket API, which means you can
either implement such a server relatively easily or port an existing
(small) one to Zephyr.

Availability of an HTTP server library in Zephyr tree largely depends
on doing a good research among the existing small HTTP server (also,
client) implementations, choosing the best one, or discarding them all
and embarking on writing our own from scratch. So far, nobody did that
work.

Hasting with adding such a library to Zephyr can only lead to sub-ideal
choice, which later will need to be replaced with something else or
changes substantially, leading to breakage of user applications. In
this regard, starting so far with out-of-tree libraries seems like
good choice (and sharing any experience with them is very welcome and
will be helpful to choose the "official" library to import in-tree).

I also read online that Zephyr removed its HTTP API. Would this
affect me trying to build this application?

Regards,
Nick
Nicholas Yameen
R&D Engineer
[]

Is DFU working in Zephyr?

Li, Jun R

Hi Zephyr developers:

I’m trying to enable the DFU function inside the mcuboot bootloader so that I can use the bootloader to load a custom firmware file. I followed the sample “samples/subsys/usb/dfu/” and enabled the following options in MCUBOOT’s prj.conf:

CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_STACK=y

CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_PRODUCT="MCUboot DFU"

CONFIG_USB_DFU_CLASS=y

CONFIG_IMG_MANAGER=y

CONFIG_FLASH_PAGE_LAYOUT=y

And I also modified “main.c” to make it always wait for DFU instead of jumping to the slot 0. The bootloader can work normally, and I can see the following “dmesg” on the host computer:

[138144.555652] usb 2-2.1: new full-speed USB device number 29 using uhci_hcd

[138144.662455] usb 2-2.1: New USB device found, idVendor=2fe3, idProduct=0100

[138144.662458] usb 2-2.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3

[138144.662459] usb 2-2.1: Product: MCUBOOT

[138144.662460] usb 2-2.1: Manufacturer: ZEPHYR

[138144.662462] usb 2-2.1: SerialNumber: 0.01

It seems everything is ready. So, I ran the following command to try backing up the data in the slot 0:

sudo dfu-util -alt 0 --upload slot0_backup.bin

However, the command always fails with the following messages:

dfu-util 0.8

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.

Copyright 2010-2014 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt

This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Please report bugs to dfu-util@...

Opening DFU capable USB device...

ID 2fe3:0100

Run-time device DFU version 0110

Claiming USB DFU Runtime Interface...

Determining device status: state = appIDLE, status = 0

Device really in Runtime Mode, send DFU detach request...

Resetting USB...

dfu-util: Lost device after RESET?

Any idea how to resolve this issue?  The board I’m using is Nucleo-F429ZI, a ST-Micro eval board.

Regards,

Jun

Re: Web Server

lairdjm

Hi Nick,
HTTP support is set to be dropped soon last I heard yes, this is because it hasn’t been converted to use the new sockets API and has no active maintainer, that may change in the future.

You can do it multiple ways, the easiest would be to have static pages but have the dynamic data on specific URIs like /sensor returning a list of the data in JSON format and then having some AJAX on the webpage which gets this data and puts it where it is needed, it would require a web browser with JavaScript to function, but doesn’t require reloading the whole page to update the values on it.
Thanks,
Jamie

EXTERNAL EMAIL: Be careful with attachments and links.

Hello,

I see there is an example for a dumb HTTP server for Zephyr in the samples folder. This example serves a single static web page when going to that IP address in a web browser. Is it possible to make a dynamic web page using Zephyr?

My use case is to have my FRDM-K64F board host the server and change values on the web page every couple seconds. The board will receive data and put it on the web page essentially. Is this possible?

I also read online that Zephyr removed its HTTP API. Would this affect me trying to build this application?

Regards,

Nick

Nicholas Yameen
R&D Engineer

D  978-975-9675 x59675
E  Nicholas.Yameen@...

800 Federal Street
Andover, MA 01810
United States

Blog Blog Blog Blog Blog Blog Blog

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Web Server

Nicholas Yameen <Nicholas.Yameen@...>

[...]

Re: To bring back RPL to Zephyr project

Thiago Silveira

Hello Jian,

We do use the RPL module in our project, and we will keep using it in the future.

Unfortunately, as we are a very small team, we didn't have the resources to step up and maintain it then, and we don't have the resources now. If you do happen to bring it back and take the responsibility, I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Best regards,
Thiago

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 11:36 PM Jian Zhang <kernel@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I am kind of new to Zephyr dev community. Previously our team was using Zephyr without actively involved in kernel development.

Recently we just noticed that RPL module will be removed in the coming release. Because we are using Zephyr and RPL in the current project and probably will keep using it. I am thinking of bringing it back and take the responsibility to maintain it.

Just want to check if the RPL module with Zephyr is used anywhere? In case it's not required by anyone else, it probably would be easier for us to maintain our own branch.

Please let me know if you guys have any thoughts.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Jian

Re: Support for Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) in Zephyr

Thea Aldrich

Hi Sid,
Thanks so much for reaching out.  Let me do some asking around as to which working group within Zephyr Project can best look into and,  if things align, help with coordination. I'll be back with more specific information on Monday. Thanks so much for your patience!

Best,
Thea

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019, 1:54 PM Siddharth Chandrasekaran <siddharth@...> wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone comment on this? It'd be helpful to know such information earlier on.

Sid.

 ---- On Sun, 07 Apr 2019 00:39:04 +0530 Siddharth Chandrasekaran <siddharth@...> wrote ----
 > Hello,
 >
 > I'm working on an project that involves Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) [1], an access control communication protocol used in the security industry. I'm working on this as an application at this point but I think this protocol may be useful for others too. So I'm looking at options for upstreaming it.
 >
 > I would like to know if this is something that the upstream is interested at this point. If so, some pointers on where to add such protocol implementations and other references would be of help.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Sid.
 >
 > [1]: https://www.securityindustry.org/industry-standards/open-supervised-device-protocol/

Re: Support for Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) in Zephyr

Siddharth Chandrasekaran

---- On Sun, 07 Apr 2019 00:39:04 +0530 Siddharth Chandrasekaran <siddharth@embedjournal.com> wrote ----

Hello,

> I'm working on an project that involves Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) [1], an access control communication protocol used in the security industry. I'm working on this as an application at this point but I think this protocol may be useful for others too. So I'm looking at options for upstreaming it.
>
> I would like to know if this is something that the upstream is interested at this point. If so, some pointers on where to add such protocol implementations and other references would be of help.
>
> Thanks,
> Sid.
>
> [1]: https://www.securityindustry.org/industry-standards/open-supervised-device-protocol/

Board: Adafruit ItsyBitsy M0 Express

ulrich.althoefer@...

Hello everyone,
the board 'Adafruit Trinket M0' is supported by the Zephyr project.
Is it planned to support the board 'Adafruit ItsyBitsy M0 Express' in the future?
Thanks for your answer.

Re: New bee

Thea Aldrich

Hi Siva,
In that case, I would start by checking the GitHub Issues and search the opens with the label "Platform: nRF." IIRC it will be purple.

I recommend starting out with low priority bugs for a first commit. They will be tagged with the green label "low." Some issues may already have a pull request associated with it so make sure to check in the history and comments section prior to getting started on your solution. You can find the code style and commit guidelines in the Contributor Guide

Hope that helps.

Best,
Thea

Best,
Thea

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 11:19 PM Siva Subrahmanyam <nallamalli.siva@...> wrote:
Hi Aldrich,

I want to work on device side first & later move on to bluetooth, I got a bunch of nrf52 boards.

Regards,
Siva.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 6:49 PM Thea Aldrich <aldrich.thea@...> wrote:
Hello Siva,
Welcome to the Zephyr Project! Thank you so much for your interest in participating. I can also help connect you with the teams working on specific subsystems or initiatives you're interested in. Would you like to continue working on BLE or would you like to explore other areas?

I have included a few links below to help you get acquainted with our process, etc.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help you get started as a contributor and connect you with the rest of our incredible community. And again, welcome!

Best,
Thea Aldrich
Zephyr Project Developer Advocate

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 7:05 AM Siva Subrahmanyam <nallamalli.siva@...> wrote:
Hi,

I want to contribute my weekend time on development/maintenance activity on any opensource project. Right now i am working for IOT Start up working o BLE 4.0 using Nordic chips.

So i thought going with zephyr project. please let me know how to
start/contribute further.

Regards,
Siva.

nRF52840 and LSM303AGR accelerometer (SPI) #nrf52840

Arkadiusz Cichocki

Hi,

I'm trying to read data from the LSM303AGR accelerometer using SPI. The microcontroller which I use is nRF52840. I want to use the LIS2DH driver which is implemented in Zephyr.

I added the following device description to the board's device tree:

&spi1 {
    status = "ok";
    sck-pin = <5>;
    mosi-pin = <4>;
    miso-pin = <6>;
    cs-gpios = <&gpio0 22 0>, <&gpio0 25 0>;

    lsm303agr_acc0: lis2dh@0 {
        compatible = "st,lis2dh";
        reg = <0>;
        spi-max-frequency = <1000000>;
        irq-gpios = <&gpio0 2 GPIO_INT_ACTIVE_LOW>, <&gpio0 3 GPIO_INT_ACTIVE_LOW>;
        label = "LSM303AGR_ACC_0";

It corresponds to the connections of the real device.

I check the correctness of the operation using the example code from
here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/tree/master/samples/sensor/lsm303dlhc

I have removed magnetometer related part of the code and changed config from SPI to I2C in prj.conf file too.

Unfortunately, measurements fail.

Does anyone have any experience with the presented configuration? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best regards,

Arek

Re: New bee

Siva Subrahmanyam

[...]

Re: Enable ethernet on STM32F4 boards?

Erwan Gouriou

Hi Jun,

I had it working on basic samples like dns_resolve (on latest master).
Are you facing some issues ?

Erwan

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 23:49, Li, Jun R <jun.r.li@...> wrote:

Hey Zephyr developers,

Wondering if anyone has tried bringing up the internal Ethernet phy on any STM32F429 boards, like NUCLEO-F429ZI and testing it with any samples? Can you share some experience on this if so?

Thank you!

Jun Li

Re: Mocking with ztest

Jan Van Winkel

Hi Kim,

I bumped into the similar issue and the solution was to use ztest together with the native_posix target to implement my unit tests.

Also see following issue on github:

Best Regards,
Jan

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 1:23 PM Kim Bøndergaard <kim.bondergaard@...> wrote:
Hi Zephyr developers

I'm looking at ztest as a means to test our application code.
I've managed to command sanytycheck to run at our 'out of tree' projects. That's all fine.

Next issue is mocking. Fx. to make some accelerated tests or to test some special corner case scenarios I need to force timers to expire.
I have successfully added a 'timer wrapper' which by default (for target app builds) calls the k_timer_xxx functions while in ztest builds I implement special mock functions so I can e.g. catch the struct k_timer object or the expiry callback. They are typically static within the MUT (Module Under Test).
I don't like though that application developers have to call none-zephyr functions.
I furthermore fear we will end up mocking also lots of other interfaces - even though it might be as simple as 'unconfig'ing them. But that seems not possible with the kernel.

I'm also looking a bit into the K_SYSCALL_DECLARE* macros? Can they somehow solve my problem? But e.g k_timer_init() is not defined by such macro?

Anyone having any input to this problem?

Mocking with ztest

Kim Bøndergaard

[...]

More apps sharing the same building system #nrf52840

Gabriele Filosofi

Hello,
I'm new to Zephyr.
The online guide is focused on building one single app. The application directory is myprojects/app, the source code directory is myprojects/app/src, etc.
The question is how to make more apps to share the same cmake building system ?
I've failed by creating a second folder myprojects/app1 and adjusting the CMakeLists.txt accordingly.

Thank you for your help

Gabriele

2001 - 2020 of 7924