Date

Re: [Zephyr Main] WEST File Initialization Problem

M Rizwan Ghori <rizwanghori@...>

Dear,

Thank you for your reply. I have run the command for hello world example advised by you.
Now i am getting the error as follows while executing the command.

mrg@mrg-Lenovo-ideapad-110-15ISK:~/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build$ cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=qemu_x86 ..
Zephyr version: 1.14.0
-- Selected BOARD qemu_x86
-- Found west: /home/mrg/.local/bin/west (found suitable version "0.5.7", minimum required is "0.5.6")
CMake Error at /home/mrg/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/extensions.cmake:1104 (message):
  Assertion failed: The detected dtc version is unsupported.

      The version was found to be 1.4.5
      But the minimum supported version is 1.4.6
      See https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/
      for how to use the SDK's dtc alongside a custom toolchain.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /home/mrg/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/host-tools.cmake:67 (assert)
  /home/mrg/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/app/boilerplate.cmake:379 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:3 (include)

After this Error i tried to update the device tree compiler (dtc) and i am getting these errors after trying dtc x64 and i386 .

mrg@mrg-Lenovo-ideapad-110-15ISK:~/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build$ sudo apt install ./device-tree-compiler_1.4.7-1_i386.deb
Reading package lists... Done
E: Unsupported file ./device-tree-compiler_1.4.7-1_i386.deb given on commandline

KIndly advise.
Best Regards
  RIzwan

Best Regards
Muhammad Rizwan Ghori
USM Fellow,
School of Computer Sciences,
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM),
HP: +60-189147161
USM Email: mrizwanghori@...
Author: Zephyr Project

Author-email: devel@...

License: UNKNOWN

Location: /home/mrg/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages

Requires: configobj, PyYAML, colorama, pykwalify

Files:

  ../../../bin/west

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/DESCRIPTION.rst

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/INSTALLER

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/METADATA

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/RECORD

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/WHEEL

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/entry_points.txt

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/metadata.json

  west-0.5.7.dist-info/top_level.txt

  west/_bootstrap/__init__.py

  west/_bootstrap/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-36.pyc

  west/_bootstrap/__pycache__/main.cpython-36.pyc

  west/_bootstrap/__pycache__/version.cpython-36.pyc

  west/_bootstrap/main.py

  west/_bootstrap/version.py

  west/_bootstrap/west-schema.yml

--

Brett Preston

Sr. Program Manager

The Linux Foundation

+1 (971) 303-9030

[...]

Re: MCUMGR SMP implementations

Carles Cufi

Hi Rodrigo,

Assuming Board B is running Zephyr and not Linux, you can actually use LWM2M to update the firmware on Board B without having to write any additional code. The foundries.io folks use this model to update internet-connected boards.

When it comes to SMP over IP, AFAIR it is actually supported on the open source project (mcumgr) but not in Zephyr. That said LWM2M is probably a better fit, since SMP uses a “push” model and you probably want a “pull” one for Board B, which will typically periodically poll the server for a firmware update.

You are right that there is no client available for SMP today written in C (that I know of). There’s only a desktop one written in Go (mcumgr) and iOS/Android libraries.

Carles

[...]

Geoffroy Van Cutsem

This is most likely what Marti said, you need to add ~/.local/bin to your PATH:
   $ export PATH=$PATH:~/.local/bin
And try again.

If that works, you can make this change permanent via ~/.bashrc

Geoffroy

On 31 Mar 2019, at 08:13, M Rizwan Ghori <rizwanghori@...> wrote:

[...]

Rodrigo Peixoto

[...]

#ble #nrf52840 #nrf52840 #ble

henry.wagner@...

After implementing a throughput test for BLE using #nrf52840 hardware and Zephyr 1.14-rc1, notice some curious behavior in data we are collecting.  The test seems to show that sending data from the central (client) to peripheral (server) throughput performance is relatively balanced per connection but one peripheral seems to get little data and one peripheral get more.  In data flow from the peripherals to the central, it is much more unbalanced with one or two peripherals having all the throughput and the others having none.

The central to peripheral is 1:N where the central is a single point source.  The many peripherals to central is an N:1 with many sources.  In my case N is 1 up to 5, but would like to be greater.  The overall aggregate throughput is constant, just not evenly distributed among the BLE devices or comm directions.  Using DLE and 2M PHY

Any thoughts to why this behavior is present and how to diagnose/resolve to produce consistent and balanced throughput among the BLE devices?    Do I have something misconfigured in my devices?  Can share if that will help.

Re: SDK migration 0.9.5 -> 0.10.0 increase CPU usage

Nashif, Anas

Nicolas,

Can you please open an issue on GH with all this data?

Can you also provide some info about how you measure the numbers below?