Date

Re: Zephyr Project using Eclipse

Stefan Jaritz

Morning,

A bit tricky because Eclipse CDT integration of cmake is only available at the latest release and imho not very good.

1.) build from eclipse

Simplest way:
Use std. C Project. Under "C/C++ build" options >> "Builder Type: external" & "Build command: make"

before:
activate build enviroment & go to your zephyr project. create build dir, run cmake

2.) debug from eclipse

the open ocd debuger from the gnu mcu pulgin works best (https://gnu-mcu-eclipse.github.io/debug/openocd/)

create a new run config & and reset the paths:
openocd binary form the /opt/... dir

openocd.cfg from the board config

run west debugserver and start the eclipse debug config

Good luck

Stefan

On 09/11/2018 19:13, Nicholas Yameen wrote:

Hello,

I want to develop applications using the FRDM-K64F board from NXP using Eclipse.  Is there any way to use Eclipse as an IDE and create a program, then flash it onto the board? I want to do my development all from Eclipse.  Or do is Eclipse only used as a debugger? Thank you.

Regards,

Nick

Nicholas Yameen
R&D Engineer

D  978-975-9675 x59675
E  Nicholas.Yameen@...

800 Federal Street
Andover, MA 01810
United States

Blog Blog Blog Blog Blog Blog Blog

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Re: #nrf52840 #ble unstable connection #nrf52840 #ble

Randy Chou <rchou3@...>

Hi Vinayak,
I merge the patch, host (nRF Connect) get update connection parameter request. After CI change to 30ms, it can keep connection a bit longer but it still disconnect after few minutes (distance is ~2m).
If I move host close to device then the connection can keep more than one hour.
I also try to change the CI back to 7.5ms and move host far away from device (~2m), the connection is also stable.

Do you have any suggestion that I can help to debug this issue?
Thanks,
Randy

Re: Zephyr (v1.13.0) HCI_UART running on nRF52 DK why BD address is always 00:00:00:00:00:00 after power cycle #nrf52832

frv

Edited

Hi Carles,

Thanks for the feedback.

It seems the Qt QLowerEnergyController object selects the first valid address different from the zero address for addressing the HCI controller/adapter. In my case for Nordic Zephyr BLE Controller this is the random address when the public address is not set first different from the zero address by the hci cmd 0x3f 0x006 "address".

Best regards,
Frank

Re: lwip integration with OpenThread #nrf52840 #lwip #openthread

deepa.gopinath@...

Hi Paul,

I have found it in this link - https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/10561
By referring the config file also we can able to find Echo client and server example can be built for either OpenThread or third party IP stack.
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/samples/net/echo_client/overlay-ot.conf
Remaining config files will be used to build for other configurations -  https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/samples/net/echo_client/

Thanks & Regards,
Deepa

Re: thread permissions issue

Diego Sueiro

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 at 16:59, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Zephyrs,

I'm developing a shell module for the sensor drivers and I want to
validate if the device name passed from the user is a sensor device.

I have the CONFIG_USERSAPCE=y.

After calling "dev = device_get_binding(argv[1])" I call the
"Z_SYSCALL_DRIVER_SENSOR(dev, sample_fetch)" and I get the following
error message:

thread 0x2000064c (1) does not have permission on sensor driver
0x20005ac8 [0000]
syscall cmd_get_sensor failed check: access denied

Some questions:

1 - How do I grant permission to the running thread to access the
sensor driver object?
I managed to solve this by calling
"k_thread_access_grant(k_current_get(), dev, NULL)" before calling the
"Z_SYSCALL_DRIVER_SENSOR" macro.

2 - Even having the CONFIG_USERSAPCE=y set when calling
"sensor_sample_fetch" it seems that it is calling the
"_impl_sensor_sample_fetch" directly instead of
"Z_SYSCALL_HANDLER(sensor_sample_fetch, dev)" defined in the
drivers/sensor/sensor_handlers.c file. How can I have the current
thread using the userspace syscalls?
This question remains open.

thread permissions issue

Diego Sueiro

[...]

*dS
Diego Sueiro

Re: Zephyr Project using Eclipse

Maureen Helm

Hi Nick,

Once you’ve generated your project with CMake and imported it into Eclipse, you can edit source files in Eclipse and click the “Make” button to recompile your application.

Just be careful if you need to edit Kconfig variables, add new .c files to your project, or update the device tree, because these changes require regenerating your project with CMake. You’ll need to run ‘ninja pristine’ on the command line first, reinvoke CMake, then refresh your project in Eclipse.

Maureen

Nicholas Yameen <Nicholas.Yameen@...>

Hello,

I want to develop applications using the FRDM-K64F board from NXP using Eclipse.  Is there any way to use Eclipse as an IDE and create a program, then flash it onto the board? I want to do my development all from Eclipse.  Or do is Eclipse only used as a debugger? Thank you.

Regards,

Nick

Nicholas Yameen
R&D Engineer

D  978-975-9675 x59675
E  Nicholas.Yameen@...

800 Federal Street
Andover, MA 01810
United States

Blog Blog Blog Blog Blog Blog Blog

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Re: __ASSERT - transfer to error handler

Boie, Andrew P

I'm patiently waiting for a paradise times when on CPU exception, assert, etc.,
we'll be ending up in debugger, point to the instruction where the problem
happened (or it can be seen in backtrace).
We do dump this info to the console on a fatal CPU exception. On x86 there's even a crude stack trace.
But it would be nice, if running some application under GDB, for the exception to simply break the debugger at the offending instruction rather than go through Zephyr's exception handling path.

I'm not sure how this could work, perhaps have the Zephyr exception handler set up the stack/registers to the original context and issue a debug exception? Or would this involve some kind of Zephyr-aware extension to GDB? The problem is always that the stack layout for a CPU exception is different than a function call, and might not even be on the same stack, so you can't easily unwind through when the exception happened to the original faulting context.

Andrew

Re: __ASSERT - transfer to error handler

Boie, Andrew P

It's better to call k_oops() or k_panic() than _SysFatalErrorHandler() directly. You will actually get useful information about where the error occurred, instead of having to pass in a NULL exception stack frame.

Andrew