Date

Adding support for Nordic PDM Driver in Devicetree #pdm #driver #nrf52832

Frederik David Damsgaard Popp

Hello Zephyr development community.

I'm not quite sure where to post this, but I'll start here.
I am currently preparing for my bachelor thesis project, where I will attempt to perform some sort of Audio processing with Zephyr on a Nordic Board with an ARM Cortex M chipset.

For this, I will need to sample audio from a MEMS PDM microphone, on the same board.
In order to set this up, I would like to implement the existing PDM driver present in the FW of the Nordic Thingy 52 into Zephyr.
The source code is available on Github.

I have read the Device Tree guide on the official documentation, and I think I have a basic understanding for how this needs to be done.

As I understand it, I need to do at least the following things:

  • Create the generic api as well as the api struct, located in zephyr/include/drivers.
  • Place the actual implementation in zephyr/drivers where the api struct is then connected to this implementation
    Additionally, setup the config variables in the Kconfig file in the same directory, as well as connecting the source code using CMakeLists.txt
  • Create a YAML driver binding in zephyr/dts/bindings.
  • Bind the driver in the nrf52832.dtsi file, in order to make the SoC compatible with this driver.
  • Enable the driver in the nrf52_pca20020.dts file, in order to make the board able to use the driver.

This is how far I have gotten yet, and was wondering if I have missed anything?

Additionally I would like to ask (and I don't know whether this is the right forum), if there is any possibility that this is pushed to the official upstream, if I succeed?
I would then make a small sample, and document in accordance with the guidelines, so that others may also use it.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Frederik David Damsgaard Popp, Oticon A/S

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 06/16/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 16 June 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Need help in configuring ip address from telnet or ssh#networking

giriprasad@...

Hi Team,

Following is my requirement, please go through and please suggest a possible method for me.

I had PCA10056(NRF52840) board with me. It will be having a default IPV4 address when the device gets booted. My requirement is that the user should be able to set the ip_address of his preference to the board at run time. He can use telnet or ssh or any other protocol with an ethernet interface. Please suggest the possible solution for this requirement.

Thanks & Regards,
Giri Prasad N.

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi

Re: Contribution code for our platform

cheryl.su@...

Edited

thanks for your reply.
We will offer more our chip's information in the furture, and we are preparing some documents for public release.
Currently, we offer basic information (ex.support feature, hardwares, .... ) in the index.rst, and one board's photo.

And excuese me, does the HAL means the driver porting under the driver folder?
if it is. We have. We have already completed some feature such as interrupt, timer, uart.....and we will submit at the same time.

License will follow zephyr (
 Apache 2.0 license )

BR,

Re: Contribution code for our platform

Kumar Gala

On Jun 15, 2020, at 2:14 AM, cheryl.su@... wrote:

Hi all,

We are ITE and we want to submit our chip support to the upstream.
Our business partners have ever mentioned it in your weekly process meeting.
He says you are compleatedly OK eventhough our chip hasn't been release yet.
We appreciated for it!
Our Chip platform is called "IT8XXX2_evb" and it's RISCV32 base.

We will submit our code to zephyr git in this or next week.
Thanks for your review!
There shouldn’t be an issue as long as you are willing to support the code associated with your SoC. Do you expect documentation to be public at some point?

Are you able to share any specific details of the SoC like a block diagram?

Do you guys have a HAL for drivers? If so what kinda of license are these drivers under?

- k

Re: Contribution code for our platform

Henrik Brix Andersen

Hi Cheryl,

That sounds very interesting. Looking forward to seeing your contribution!

Best regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 15 Jun 2020, at 09.14, cheryl.su@... wrote:

Hi all,

We are ITE and we want to submit our chip support to the upstream.
Our business partners have ever mentioned it in your weekly process meeting.
He says you are compleatedly OK eventhough our chip hasn't been release yet.
We appreciated for it!
Our Chip platform is called "IT8XXX2_evb" and it's RISCV32 base.

We will submit our code to zephyr git in this or next week.
Thanks for your review!

best regards,
Cheryl Su
ITE Tech. INC

Contribution code for our platform

cheryl.su@...

Hi all,

We are ITE and we want to submit our chip support to the upstream.
Our business partners have ever mentioned it in your weekly process meeting.
He says you are compleatedly OK eventhough our chip hasn't been release yet.
We appreciated for it!
Our Chip platform is called "IT8XXX2_evb" and it's RISCV32 base.

We will submit our code to zephyr git in this or next week.
Thanks for your review!

best regards,
Cheryl Su
ITE Tech. INC

Post 2.3.0 PR merging

We currently have 170+ Pull Requests that pass CI but require one or more approvals in order to be merged, in part due to the fact that we have increased the minimum number of approvals required from 1 to 2.

Help reviewing those PRs is greatly appreciated:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+base%3Amaster+review%3Arequired+status%3Asuccess+-label%3ADNM+draft%3Afalse

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 06/11/2020 3:00pm-4:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 11 June 2020, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Re: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 11 June 2020 postponed to 18 June 2020

Carles Cufi

I see no toolchain meeting today but one next week, on the 18th, which is what Torsten intended: