From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of vikrant8051
Sent: 14 September 2018 11:48
To: devel@...; users@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] MPU fault while testing Bluetooth Mesh Sample demos

Hi,

FYI,

With v1.12.99 I'm mot facing any MPU FAULT issue (while testing for #onoff_level_lighting_vnd_app)

It has last commit -> ba6763a187a347cfc825a2bece78e7d1ef28772d

That means something after it has changed the things bcz of that we are getting

MPU FAULT.

Thank You !!

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 10:50 AM vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...> wrote:

Hi,

I'm getting following MPU fault while testing with samples for Bluetooth Mesh . This issue has started after syncing with master branch.

***** MPU FAULT *****
  Instruction Access Violation
***** Hardware exception *****
Faulting instruction address = 0x20001c5c
Fatal fault in ISR! Spinning...

Thank You !!

Re: MPU fault while testing Bluetooth Mesh Sample demos

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi,

FYI,
With v1.12.99 I'm mot facing any MPU FAULT issue (while testing for #onoff_level_lighting_vnd_app)
It has last commit -> ba6763a187a347cfc825a2bece78e7d1ef28772d

That means something after it has changed the things bcz of that we are getting
MPU FAULT.

Thank You !!

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 10:50 AM vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...> wrote:
Hi,
I'm getting following MPU fault while testing with samples for Bluetooth Mesh . This issue has started after syncing with master branch.

***** MPU FAULT *****
  Instruction Access Violation
***** Hardware exception *****
Faulting instruction address = 0x20001c5c
Fatal fault in ISR! Spinning...

Thank You !!

Moving SOC definitions to ZEPHYR_BASE/soc

We have just merged PR https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/9776 which moves SOC definitions out of the arch/ directory to the top level to be side by side with boards, architectures.

This was done with the intention to support custom boards and SOC definitions outside of the Zephyr tree.

If you have any PRs changing SOC code under arch, you might want to rebase.

How to add GPS / location in Zephyr?

jantore.guggedal@...

Hi,

I'm working on a project in Zephyr that will use GPS to get the location of a device.
Until now the GPS data has been fethed using serial drivers directly, but we're looking into the possibility of using the sensor API to interface with the GPS and make it appear like a "normal" sensor in Zephyr.
And this is where we run into some issues:

The sensor_value data type in the sensor API is for numbers with an integer and a fractional part. A typical GPS sensor provides NMEA strings of various types, and for us it would be useful for the application to receive these strings unparsed.
In many cases it would be fine to get parsed longitude, latitude, altitude and other values using respective channels in the sensor API, but the option to receive the raw data string would still be preferable in our case as we intend to forward it unparsed.
A fair number of channels (~20) would have to be added to the API to be able to get the most detailed data from the GPS sensor that is available in the NMEA strings, but that's perhaps not a problem?
For the most essential GPS information (latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, heading, time), fewer channels are needed.
We could parse the strings in GPS driver, send the strings over a sensor channel, and then in the application put the data back into a string equal to the original one, but it would be good to not need to do this unncessary processing.

  • If using the sensor API, can we get strings from a sensor channel by somehow expanding the current sensor_value data type without breaking existing code? Just adding extra fields to the struct is maybe not a preferable solution?
  • Do you think that GPS fits within the sensor API, or should we look in another direction?

We appreciate all feedback on how to approach the task of integrating GPS/location into Zephyr.

Best regards
Jan Tore Guggedal

Re: I2C cmake errors (v1.13 and v1.12) ? #nrf52832

gurpreet+zephy@...

Never mind.. found this fantastic youtube video in the `Enable SPI driver` thread that helped solve the issue: https://youtu.be/vioi4OsmB_U

-Gurpreet

I2C cmake errors (v1.13 and v1.12) ? #nrf52832

gurpreet+zephy@...

Hi All,

I'm trying to build the I2C sample programs or those that use I2C for the nrf52, but keep seeing the following error.
Is there something I need to do to enable using I2C from the chip? I presume I'm missing something straightforward here.
I tried both the current_sensing and the i2c_fujitsu_fram sample programs.

~/src/zephyr/samples/drivers/current_sensing/build 15:36:16>cmake -DBOARD=nrf52_pca10040 ..
-- Found PythonInterp: /usr/bin/python3 (found suitable version "3.6.5", minimum required is "3.4")
-- Selected BOARD nrf52_pca10040
Zephyr version: 1.13.0
Parsing Kconfig tree in /home/gps/src/zephyr/Kconfig
Merging /home/gps/src/zephyr/samples/drivers/current_sensing/prj.conf
warning: tag 'zephyr-v1.13.0' is really 'v1.13.0' here
-- Generating zephyr/include/generated/generated_dts_board.h
-- Cache files will be written to: /home/gps/.cache/zephyr
-- The ASM compiler identification is GNU
-- Found assembler: /home/gps/src/zephyr-sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-zephyr-eabi/arm-zephyr-eabi-gcc
-- Performing Test toolchain_is_ok
-- Performing Test toolchain_is_ok - Success
CMake Error at ../../../CMakeLists.txt:527 (message):
  The Zephyr library 'drivers__i2c' was created without source files.  Empty
  (non-imported) libraries are not supported.  Either make sure that the
  library has the sources it should have, or make sure it is not created when
  it has no source files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Gurpreet

Re: nrf52840_pca10059 startup

Henrik Brix Andersen

Hi again,

I just tried a few of the examples from the nRF5_SDK_15 (open_bootloader_usb_mbr_pca10059_debug.hex and ble_connectivity_s140_usb_hci_pca10059.hex).
Same issue. I am starting to think my nRF52840 dongle is faulty :-(

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 11 Sep 2018, at 20.26, Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@brixandersen.dk> wrote:

Hi Vinayak,

Sorry - just getting back to this problem now.

I have double-checked that SB2 is intact and that VBUS_nRF (measured at SB2) is at ~5.20V.
I have a hard time measuring if VBUS_nRF is connected to VDDH since the pin is located underneath the chip.

Could this be faulty hardware?

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 29 Aug 2018, at 05.00, Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@nordicsemi.no> wrote:

This all sounds very close to what is described in :
http://infocenter.nordicsemi.com/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.nordic.infocenter.nrf52840.ps%2Fpower.html&;cp=2_0_0_4_2_1&anchor=power_usb_supply

"both VBUS and either VDDH or VDD supplies are required"

and "External supply from VDD is only available when power is supplied to VDDH." Mentioned here: http://infocenter.nordicsemi.com/topic/com.nordic.infocenter.nrf52840.ps/ref_circuitry.html#concept_aqp_fd1_fq

You may check if solder bridge SB2 is intact, and VDDH is connected to VBUS_nRF.

- Vinayak