Date   

Cancelled Event: Zephyr: Networking Forum - Tuesday, June 1, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr: Networking Forum

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: tsc@...

Description:


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Things to do when submitting a PR

Nashif, Anas
 

Hi,

Here is a TOP10 list to improve and accelerate the review process of pull requests. If you follow them, chances are your pull request will get the attention needed and it will be ready for merge sooner than later:

 

  1. Make sure you are on top of latest main branch
    1. # git fetch upstream
    2. # git rebase upstream/main
  2. Run compliance tests locally and fix any issues before submitting a PR
    1. # ./scripts/ci/check_compliance.py -c upstream/main..
  3. Make sure title of PR explains what is being fixed or added
  4. Make sure your PR has a body with more details about the content of your submission
  5. Make sure you reference the issue you are fixing in the body of the PR
  6. Add reviewers if you can and know who will be able to review your code
  7. Set the labels if those are not automatically set by the bot.
  8. Watch early CI results immediately after submissions and fix issues as they are discovered
  9. Revisit PR after 1-2 hours to see the status of all CI checks, make sure all is green
  10. If you get request for changes and submit a change to address them, make sure you re-request review from those who asked for the changes

 

Regards,

 

Anas


API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Re: [Zephyr-users] Network forum agenda

Jukka Rissanen
 

Hi,

Sorry for late reply, but I am cancelling this telco today as there is
nothing in agenda.


Cheers,
Jukka

On Mon, 2021-05-31 at 13:25 +0300, Jukka Rissanen wrote:
Hi all,

There is a network forum meeting tomorrow Tue 1 June at 8AM PST /
17.00
CEST.

Currently the agenda is empty, so if there is anything network
related
topics you want to discuss, please let me know, otherwise I will
cancel
the meeting.

Live Agenda/Minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qFsOpvbyLzhflJbbv4Vl__497pKHDoUCy9hjAveyCX0/edit?usp=sharing

Shared Folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j6d0FLeOjiMil1Ellb59AsfHdzuWdAAc?usp=sharing

___________________________________________________________
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting (
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d
)
+1 321-558-6518 ( tel:+1 321-558-6518,,458216365# ) United States,
Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers (
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/325d775d-c910-441e-90d0-353ebaa56cdd?id=458216365
) | Reset PIN ( https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing ) |
Learn
more about Teams ( https://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting ) | Meeting
options
(
https://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8&tenantId=af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2&threadId=19_meeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw@thread.v2&messageId=0&language=en-US
)


Cheers,
Jukka









IPSP Zephyr sample

Maxim Uvarov
 

Hello,

Has somebody tested an IPSP sample recently? I'm trying to run it on a
Nuclea board (stm32wb55rg) and see issues with setting up an ipv6
(6lowpan) connection with the host. Stm32wb55rg MAC address is
discoverable with bluetoothcrl scan from the host. But no ip
connection and no bt0 creation on the host. Enabling debug and shell
says that bt interface is down on the Zephyr side, Zephyr waits until
it's up to set up the ip address.

I do not have any other board with BLE. It will be good to configrm is
example itself is not broken.

uart:~$ *** Booting Zephyr OS build v2.6.0-rc1-250-g5738114df26e ***
[00:00:00.223,000] <inf> bt_hci_core: Identity: 80:E1:26:1B:95:81 (public)
[00:00:00.224,000] <inf> bt_hci_core: HCI: version 5.0 (0x09) revision
0x0026, manufacturer 0x0030
[00:00:00.224,000] <inf> bt_hci_core: LMP: version 5.0 (0x09) subver 0x2126
[00:00:00.225,000] <inf> net_config: Initializing network
[00:00:00.225,000] <inf> net_config: Waiting interface 1 (0x200012b0)
to be up...
uart:~$ bt info
Not connected
uart:~$ bt scan on
Bluetooth active scan enabled
uart:~$ bt info
Not connected
uart:~$ bt init
Bluetooth init failed (err -120)
[00:01:33.228,000] <err> net_config: Timeout while waiting network interface
[00:01:33.228,000] <err> net_config: Network initialization failed (-115)
[00:01:33.228,000] <inf> ipsp: Run IPSP sample
[00:01:33.229,000] <wrn> net_if: iface 0x200012b0 is down
[00:01:33.229,000] <err> net_if: Cannot join all nodes address ff02::1 (-1)
[00:01:33.229,000] <wrn> net_if: iface 0x200012b0 is down
[00:01:33.229,000] <err> net_if: Cannot join solicit node address
ff02::1:ff00:1 (-1)
[00:01:33.230,000] <inf> ipsp: Starting to wait

Thank you,
Maxim.


Happening Now: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 05/31/2021 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
05/31/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 


Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 05/31/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
05/31/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 


Network forum agenda

Jukka Rissanen
 

Hi all,

There is a network forum meeting tomorrow Tue 1 June at 8AM PST / 17.00
CEST.

Currently the agenda is empty, so if there is anything network related
topics you want to discuss, please let me know, otherwise I will cancel
the meeting.

Live Agenda/Minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qFsOpvbyLzhflJbbv4Vl__497pKHDoUCy9hjAveyCX0/edit?usp=sharing

Shared Folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j6d0FLeOjiMil1Ellb59AsfHdzuWdAAc?usp=sharing

___________________________________________________________
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting (
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d
)
+1 321-558-6518 ( tel:+1 321-558-6518,,458216365# ) United States,
Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers (
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/325d775d-c910-441e-90d0-353ebaa56cdd?id=458216365
) | Reset PIN ( https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing ) | Learn
more about Teams ( https://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting ) | Meeting options
(
https://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8&tenantId=af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2&threadId=19_meeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw@thread.v2&messageId=0&language=en-US
)


Cheers,
Jukka


Re: #ble #ble

Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa
 

Hi Carl,

Thank you for reporting the issue. You may send a pull request to fix accordingly and I will be glad to review the same.

As this is a bug, we could get this in for the 2.6 release.

Regards,
Vinayak


From: devel@... <devel@...> on behalf of Carl Stehle via lists.zephyrproject.org <droid=appception.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2021 7:28:17 AM
To: devel@... <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] #ble
 

I was unable to consistently set BLE Periodic Advertising Data, so had a look at:

subsys/bluetooth/controller/ll_sw/ull_adv_sync.c: adv_sync_hdr_set_clear()
(this is with recent commit f5c6afeccb53e4121ba5e97294cf589a752623d9)

I noticed 2 potential issues:

1. ter_hdr_prev = *ter_hdr;

If the Extended Header Length is 0, this can copy data (first byte of Adv Data) with misleading results. One workaround would be to replace that line with:

if (ter_com_hdr_prev->ext_hdr_len) {
  ter_hdr_prev = *ter_hdr;
} else {
  memset(&ter_hdr_prev, 0, sizeof(ter_hdr_prev));
}

2. ter_len = ull_adv_aux_hdr_len_calc(ter_com_hdr, &ter_dptr);

This can reset ter_dptr if the Extended Header Length is 0 so that it has the same value as ter_hdr. So ter_hdr should not be used after this call without first checking for non-zero Extended Header length (either ter_com_hdr->ext_hdr_len non-zero or that ter_hdr differs from ter_dptr).

Regards,
Carl



#ble #ble

Carl Stehle
 


I was unable to consistently set BLE Periodic Advertising Data, so had a look at:

subsys/bluetooth/controller/ll_sw/ull_adv_sync.c: adv_sync_hdr_set_clear()
(this is with recent commit f5c6afeccb53e4121ba5e97294cf589a752623d9)

I noticed 2 potential issues:

1. ter_hdr_prev = *ter_hdr;

If the Extended Header Length is 0, this can copy data (first byte of Adv Data) with misleading results. One workaround would be to replace that line with:

if (ter_com_hdr_prev->ext_hdr_len) {
  ter_hdr_prev = *ter_hdr;
} else {
  memset(&ter_hdr_prev, 0, sizeof(ter_hdr_prev));
}

2. ter_len = ull_adv_aux_hdr_len_calc(ter_com_hdr, &ter_dptr);

This can reset ter_dptr if the Extended Header Length is 0 so that it has the same value as ter_hdr. So ter_hdr should not be used after this call without first checking for non-zero Extended Header length (either ter_com_hdr->ext_hdr_len non-zero or that ter_hdr differs from ter_dptr).

Regards,
Carl



Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, May 27, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, May 27, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 05/25/2021 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 25 May 2021, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Cancelled Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - Monday, 24 May 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Monday, 24 May 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:
Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Vscode windows settings for zephyr

Joris Offouga
 

Hello all,

I would like to know if it is possible to get vscode settings for zephyr ? , platformio is not flexible enough so that I can use the master branch of zephyr.

--
Best Regards,

Joris Offouga


Re: DT label vs nodelabel

Bolivar, Marti
 

Kevin Townsend <kevin.townsend@linaro.org> writes:

Hi Marti,

On Sat, 22 May 2021 at 00:35, Bolivar, Marti <Marti.Bolivar@nordicsemi.no>
wrote:


I get why you're asking this, but I don't think the project is totally
sold on discussions yet; is it?
I remember on a recent TSC call, Anas making the point (or perhaps it was
Maureen?) that GitHub Discussions is still quite different than Slack or
the mailing list, but that it might be a good long term repository of
sticky issues like this that people can more easily stumble across.
Yep, I was there too, but I don't recall that being a project-wide
decision. As far as I know, GitHub discussions are still in beta and
Zephyr is just experimenting with them.

It felt like a sensible suggestion to me, and this comment seemed like a
good use case given how obscure DT can feel to new users.
I personally do not use or monitor GitHub Discussions. I watch Slack,
the mailing list, and any issues and PRs that get thrown my way.

If the TSC decides to add discussions to the list of official places
Zephyr gets Zephyred, I guess I'll have no choice but to wade in at that
point ;).

But the above are already more than enough for me already ...


Kevin

PS: Sorry to hijack a useful discussion!
This is a good discussion too and I get where you're going, I just don't
want to start having to read discussions yet :).


Re: DT label vs nodelabel

Kevin Townsend
 

Hi Marti,

On Sat, 22 May 2021 at 00:35, Bolivar, Marti <Marti.Bolivar@...> wrote:

I get why you're asking this, but I don't think the project is totally
sold on discussions yet; is it?

I remember on a recent TSC call, Anas making the point (or perhaps it was Maureen?) that GitHub Discussions is still quite different than Slack or the mailing list, but that it might be a good long term repository of sticky issues like this that people can more easily stumble across. 

It felt like a sensible suggestion to me, and this comment seemed like a good use case given how obscure DT can feel to new users.

Kevin

PS: Sorry to hijack a useful discussion!


Re: DT label vs nodelabel

Bolivar, Marti
 

Marti Bolivar <marti.bolivar@nordicsemi.no> writes:

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Townsend <kevin.townsend@linaro.org> writes:

Hi Martí,

Thanks for the historical context.

Seems like something worth putting into a GitHub ´discussion’ thread on the
main zephyr repo for future access and updates, since DT in general has a
learning curve for new users?
I get why you're asking this, but I don't think the project is totally
sold on discussions yet; is it?

The mailing list is still the only official place for discussions like
this that has archives.
I should also mention that I'm going to be giving a talk on the 2.5
device model that will cover all of this:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/2021-Zephyr-Developer-Summit#tuesday-june-8

I'm hoping the recording of that will be something we can link to for
newcomers at some point.



Kevin


Re: DT label vs nodelabel

Kevin Townsend
 

Hi Martí,

Thanks for the historical context. 

Seems like something worth putting into a GitHub ´discussion’ thread on the main zephyr repo for future access and updates, since DT in general has a learning curve for new users?

Kevin


Re: DT label vs nodelabel

Bolivar, Marti
 

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Townsend <kevin.townsend@linaro.org> writes:

Hi Martí,

Thanks for the historical context.

Seems like something worth putting into a GitHub ´discussion’ thread on the
main zephyr repo for future access and updates, since DT in general has a
learning curve for new users?
I get why you're asking this, but I don't think the project is totally
sold on discussions yet; is it?

The mailing list is still the only official place for discussions like
this that has archives.


Kevin

261 - 280 of 8050