Date   

Re: API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Hi Steven,

 

Your PRs do not modify existing APIs or add any new ones, from what I can tell after a quick look.

You can either wait for reviews, or bring those up at the dev-review meeting on Thursday.

 

Check this link for a full meeting schedule:

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/calendar

 

Carles

 

From: Steven Riedl <steve@...>
Sent: 05 January 2021 16:52
To: Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...>
Cc: devel@...; users@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] API meeting: Agenda

 

Question?

 

Would my two driver addition PR be in this meeting? If not could you direct me to the appropriate call/place?

 

 

--

Steven Riedl

(404) 205-9487

Skype: sriedl

 

"so you have a vested interest in maintaining the inefficient status quo" G. Niemeijer

 

 

 

 



On Jan 5, 2021, at 10:44 AM, Carles Cufi via lists.zephyrproject.org <carles.cufi=nordicsemi.no@...> wrote:

 

One extra item to the agenda:

- drivers: eeprom: mark the EEPROM API as stable
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/31076


-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 05 January 2021 13:08
To: devel@...; users@...
Subject: API meeting: Agenda

Hi all,

Agenda for today, taken from the Triage column in the project.

- API to correlate system time with external time sources and translate
uptime to wall-clock time
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28977
- drivers: gpio: Combined drive strength flags
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30331
- drivers: pwm: add functions for capturing pwm pulse width and period
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/26025

If you have additional items please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40threa
d.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-
b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-
5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-
Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles





 


Re: API meeting: Agenda

Steven Riedl
 

Question?

Would my two driver addition PR be in this meeting? If not could you direct me to the appropriate call/place?


--
Steven Riedl
(404) 205-9487
Skype: sriedl

"so you have a vested interest in maintaining the inefficient status quo" G. Niemeijer






On Jan 5, 2021, at 10:44 AM, Carles Cufi via lists.zephyrproject.org <carles.cufi=nordicsemi.no@...> wrote:

One extra item to the agenda:

- drivers: eeprom: mark the EEPROM API as stable
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/31076

-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 05 January 2021 13:08
To: devel@...; users@...
Subject: API meeting: Agenda

Hi all,

Agenda for today, taken from the Triage column in the project.

- API to correlate system time with external time sources and translate
uptime to wall-clock time
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28977
- drivers: gpio: Combined drive strength flags
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30331
- drivers: pwm: add functions for capturing pwm pulse width and period
 - PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/26025

If you have additional items please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40threa
d.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-
b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-
5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-
Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles







Zephyr: Networking Forum - Tue, 01/05/2021 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Networking Forum

When: Tuesday, 5 January 2021, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: tsc@...

Description:


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi
 

One extra item to the agenda:

- drivers: eeprom: mark the EEPROM API as stable
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/31076

-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 05 January 2021 13:08
To: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org; users@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: API meeting: Agenda

Hi all,

Agenda for today, taken from the Triage column in the project.

- API to correlate system time with external time sources and translate
uptime to wall-clock time
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28977
- drivers: gpio: Combined drive strength flags
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30331
- drivers: pwm: add functions for capturing pwm pulse width and period
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/26025

If you have additional items please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40threa
d.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-
b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-
5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-
Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles


Re: [Zephyr-users] Network forum agenda

Jukka Rissanen
 

Hi all,

I am cancelling todays (5 Jan) Network forum meeting as there is no
topics to discuss.


Cheers,
Jukka

On Mon, 2021-01-04 at 09:51 +0200, Jukka Rissanen wrote:
Hi all,

There is a network forum meeting tomorrow Tue 5 Jan at 8AM PST /
17.00
CET.

Currently the agenda is empty, so if there is anything network
related
topics you want to discuss, please let me know.


Live Agenda/Minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qFsOpvbyLzhflJbbv4Vl__497pKHDoUCy9hjAveyCX0/edit?usp=sharing

Shared Folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j6d0FLeOjiMil1Ellb59AsfHdzuWdAAc?usp=sharing

___________________________________________________________
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting (
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d
)
+1 321-558-6518 ( tel:+1 321-558-6518,,458216365# ) United States,
Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers (
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/325d775d-c910-441e-90d0-353ebaa56cdd?id=458216365
) | Reset PIN ( https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing ) |
Learn
more about Teams ( https://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting ) | Meeting
options
(
https://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8&tenantId=af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2&threadId=19_meeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw@thread.v2&messageId=0&language=en-US
)


Cheers,
Jukka







API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Adding support for x-nucleo-bnrg2a1 BLE shield

wim yedema <wim.yedema@...>
 

Hi All,

I'm working on adding support for the X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 ST shield. This would extend the implementation of X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1. The BNRG2A1 shield uses a newer version of the BlueNRG SPI interface, there is overlap, but there are significant differences. Enough that I need to change the implementation of the bt_spi_rx_thread and bt_spi_send. 
I am more than happy to make those changes, but I am unable to test them. How should I go about making these changes? Is anyone willing to test this for me?

Regards,
Wim Yedema


Network forum agenda

Jukka Rissanen
 


drivers: eeprom: mark the EEPROM API as stable

Henrik Brix Andersen
 

Hi all,

I have submitted a PR to mark the Zephyr EEPROM API as stable for the upcoming Zephyr v2.5.0 release.
The EEPROM API was introduced in Zephyr v2.1.0 and has not seen any changes since.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/31076

Comments are most welcome. The requirements for marking a Zephyr API as stable are available here:
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/development_process/api_lifecycle.html#stable

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen


Bluetooth Object Transfer Service Write Support

Abe Kohandel
 

Hello,

 

I am looking at using the Zephyr Bluetooth Object Transfer Service but my use case also has need for write support. I am happy to add the support but wanted to ask if anyone is already working on that to avoid duplication of effort.

 

Thanks,

Abe


Re: RISC-V maintainers and collaborators

Katsuhiro Suzuki
 

Hello Maureen-san,

I have one question.

Who is most suitable person if we want to discuss or merge RISC-V subsystem and
RISC-V related drivers (not core kernel)?

It seems that mainly Nashif and Gala do merging non-trivial PRs.
I understand they are very busy to review and maintain high priority regions such
as x86, ARM and other major drivers (network, USB, etc.).

So if there are other persons who can merge PRs I want to know and working with them...

Best Regards,
Katsuhiro Suzuki

On 2020/11/10 5:52, Maureen Helm wrote:
Hi everyone,
We are looking for collaborators and maintainers to help maintain the RISC-V architecture in Zephyr, and have several major RISC-V pull requests (SMP and memory protection) in acute need of code review. If you are interested in taking on one of these important roles and helping to advance RISC-V support in Zephyr, I encourage you to review the TSC Project Roles [1], start reviewing RISC-V pull requests [2], and consider adding yourself as a collaborator in MAINTAINERS.yml. Active collaborators are encouraged to become maintainers with TSC approval.
[1] https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/project_roles.html
[2] https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22area%3A+RISCv32%2F64%22
Maureen


SDK 0.12.0 Release

Kumar Gala
 

Hi,

Latest version of the SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.12.0

NOTE: In some cases changes are required to utilize SDK 0.12.0 with Zephyr (for example building for xtensa)

Please download and try things out and report any issues.

• General:

• Updated to using buildkite for CI
• Updated yocto 3.1.1
• Build aarch64 (arm64) linux host toolchains.
• Moved to using a zephyr fork of crosstool-ng
• Update bossa to 1.9.1+ + SAM4L support
• cmake: Set HOST_TOOLS_HOME based on OS_PLATFORM
• tweaks to installer script
• QEMU:

• Updated to QEMU 5.1.0
• Added icount support for ARC
• Backport RISC-V PMP fixes from upstream qemu
• OpenOCD:

• Updated to 20201109 snapshot [e44539d66c8929679321704768125df9ba7d5f67]
• newlib:

• Updated to version 3.3
• Updated xtensa to version 3.3 (in sync with all arch's)
• Change default builds to be built with -O2
• binutils:

• updated to version 2.35.1
• gcc:

• Updated to version 10.2.0
• Fix bug in libgcc builds w/regards to ARM cmse support
• gdb:

• Updated to version 9.2
• xtensa:

• remove HAL from SDK build

Thanks to all that contributed fixes and enhancements to this version of the SDK.


Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 12/17/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 17 December 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Dec 17

Kumar Gala
 

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* start switching to feature-specific binding model
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30594

replace device define macros with devicetree-based macro
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/30467

* Any PR/issues w/dev-review tag

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/labels/dev-review

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k


Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 12/15/2020 5:00pm-6:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 15 December 2020, 5:00pm to 6:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 

One additional item if time permits:

- subsystem: task_wdt: Implement software watchdog suitable for multiple threads
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28947

-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 15 December 2020 13:14
To: 'devel@lists.zephyrproject.org' <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org>;
users@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: API meeting: agenda

Hi all,

Agenda for today.
Note that this will be the last API meeting of 2020. The following one
will take place in January 5th, 2021.

- drivers: can: Rework can_configure API and zcan_frame
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/28345

- Minor ADC API updates
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30533
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30726

- I2C slave driver removed
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/30557


If you have additional items please let me know.

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40threa
d.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-
b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-
5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-
Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles


API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 


Re: Question regarding dcache flushing for arm(specifically armv8, cortex A53)

Carlo Caione
 

On 14/12/2020 16:35, varun sharma wrote:
Hi Carlo,
Hi Varun,

Thanks for sharing your pr details...will review
any patch you submitted for dcache support in cortex a53 arm cpu?
Not yet, but the code is pretty much this https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30676/commits/3edf0e843f6c5341b86a3e5c5224e260df1fa6ed if you want to take a look.

Cheers,

--
Carlo Caione


Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 12/14/2020 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
Monday, 14 December 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 12/14/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When: Monday, 14 December 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: Maureen Helm

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________

301 - 320 of 7817