Date   

Re: TLS using Sara u201 or generic gsm modem #gsm_modem

Ricardo Gutierrez
 

Hi Jukka,

I don't have it. Is it difficult to have the setup for the sara under generic GSM?. What problems did you have?. I'll take a look to your link. What other modem did you try on?



Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Rissanen <jukka.rissanen@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:56 AM
To: Ricardo Gutierrez <ricardo.gutierrez@...>; devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] TLS using Sara u201 or generic gsm modem #gsm_modem #gsm_modem

Hi Ricardo,

having a secure connection to AWS over the generic GSM modem should work just fine. Do you have a working setup for generic GSM modem with Particle Boron board? I am asking because I had some issues last time I tried it (several months ago), there is also a preliminary PR for it
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/22598


Cheers,
Jukka


On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 06:41 -0700, Ricardo Gutierrez wrote:
Hi there,

I'm using Sara U201 with Particle boron to transmit data to an mqtt
server in the cloud. The problem I'm facing now is that I need to have
a secure connection using TLS to connect to AWS. Is this possible? Do
I need to use Sara U201 or should I use thegthe gsm option?


Thanks a lot!

Thanks.


Re: TLS using Sara u201 or generic gsm modem #gsm_modem

Jukka Rissanen
 

Hi Ricardo,

having a secure connection to AWS over the generic GSM modem should
work just fine. Do you have a working setup for generic GSM modem with
Particle Boron board? I am asking because I had some issues last time I
tried it (several months ago), there is also a preliminary PR for it
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/22598


Cheers,
Jukka

On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 06:41 -0700, Ricardo Gutierrez wrote:
Hi there,

I'm using Sara U201 with Particle boron to transmit data to an mqtt
server in the cloud. The problem I'm facing now is that I need to
have a secure connection using TLS to connect to AWS. Is this
possible? Do I need to use Sara U201 or should I use thegthe gsm
option?


Thanks a lot!

Thanks.


TLS using Sara u201 or generic gsm modem #gsm_modem

Ricardo Gutierrez
 

Hi there,

I'm using Sara U201 with Particle boron to transmit data to an mqtt server in the cloud. The problem I'm facing now is that I need to have a secure connection using TLS to connect to AWS. Is this possible? Do I need to use Sara U201 or should I use thegthe gsm 
option?


Thanks a lot!

Thanks. 


Re: Getting LWM2M client working on linux emulator

Jukka Rissanen
 

Hi Brenton,

you can follow the instructions at
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/networking/qemu_eth_setup.html#networking-with-eth-qemu

LWM2M and most of the networking samples will work fine with qemu.

Cheers,
Jukka

On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 09:11 +0200, Brenton Chetty wrote:
Hi there, my name is Brenton, I am a recent graduate and was tasked
to compare RIOT OS with Zephyr.
I managed to get the Hello world example working with Zephyr, however
I could not get the LWM2M client working on the linux emulator.
I receive this error message:
"
qemu-system-arm: -serial unix:/tmp/slip.sock: Failed to connect
socket /tmp/slip.sock: No such file or directory

qemu-system-arm: -serial unix:/tmp/slip.sock: could not connect
serial device to character backend 'unix:/tmp/slip.sock'

FAILED: zephyr/CMakeFiles/run
"
Does anyone know how I can get this working on the linux emulator?

With thanks
Brenton


Getting LWM2M client working on linux emulator

Brenton Chetty <brent7984@...>
 

Hi there, my name is Brenton, I am a recent graduate and was tasked to compare RIOT OS with Zephyr.
I managed to get the Hello world example working with Zephyr, however I could not get the LWM2M client working on the linux emulator.
I receive this error message:
"
  qemu-system-arm: -serial unix:/tmp/slip.sock: Failed to connect socket /tmp/slip.sock: No such file or directory

  qemu-system-arm: -serial unix:/tmp/slip.sock: could not connect serial device to character backend 'unix:/tmp/slip.sock'

  FAILED: zephyr/CMakeFiles/run
"
Does anyone know how I can get this working on the linux emulator?

With thanks
Brenton


Re: API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Hi Simon,

Is that the correct notes link? I don't see any notes since March.
Yes, unfortunately that is the correct notes link. I am terrible at keeping meeting minutes, apologies for that. That said I do always comment on the relevant Pull Requests or issues during the meeting by prefixing the comment with "API meeting:".

Carles


On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 08:05, Carles Cufi <carles.cufi@...>
wrote:

Hi all,

*************************************************
We will be using Teams instead of Zoom:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-
join/19%3ameeting_YzYzZTAzNGItOWFiMS00MDBkLTkyYmMtNzljZjkwNDVlMThm%40thr
ead.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-
d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-
f04e4e156f10%22%7d
*************************************************

Today's topics:

- Documenting API behavior in Doxygen:
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18970
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21061
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25411

- Any API-related PRs or issues that are related to the 2.3 release

Additional items in the "Triage" column in the GitHub project may be
discussed if time permits.
If you want an item included in the meeting, please add it to the
GitHub project.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-
and-Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles







Re: API meeting: agenda

Simon Glass
 

Hi Carles,

Is that the correct notes link? I don't see any notes since March.

Regards,
SImon

On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 08:05, Carles Cufi <carles.cufi@...> wrote:

Hi all,

*************************************************
We will be using Teams instead of Zoom:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YzYzZTAzNGItOWFiMS00MDBkLTkyYmMtNzljZjkwNDVlMThm%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d
*************************************************

Today's topics:

- Documenting API behavior in Doxygen:
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18970
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21061
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25411

- Any API-related PRs or issues that are related to the 2.3 release

Additional items in the "Triage" column in the GitHub project may be discussed if time permits.
If you want an item included in the meeting, please add it to the GitHub project.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles







Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 05/19/2020 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 19 May 2020, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YzYzZTAzNGItOWFiMS00MDBkLTkyYmMtNzljZjkwNDVlMThm%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

+1 213-437-3346 United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 262 362 129#

Local numbers: 
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/488d1b50-0dd2-4ca1-aee4-92bb50a48081?id=262362129


 Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit?usp=sharing


API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

*************************************************
We will be using Teams instead of Zoom:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YzYzZTAzNGItOWFiMS00MDBkLTkyYmMtNzljZjkwNDVlMThm%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d
*************************************************

Today's topics:

- Documenting API behavior in Doxygen:
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18970
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21061
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25411

- Any API-related PRs or issues that are related to the 2.3 release

Additional items in the "Triage" column in the GitHub project may be discussed if time permits.
If you want an item included in the meeting, please add it to the GitHub project.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles


SDK 0.11.3 Release

Kumar Gala
 

Hi,

Some fixes based on usage of SDK v0.11.x and addition of QEMU for ARC, cmake package support, and some changes to how we build GDB. Please take NOTE of the changes w/regards to GDB.

The SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.11.3

Please download and try things out and report any issues.

- General:
* Added cmake package support to make it easier to find toolchain
* Add a -[no]rc argument to install script to allow skipping update
query for .zephyrrc

- QEMU:
* Add support for ARC
* xilinx_qemu: Fix WFI instruction for icount mode
* SPARC: fix issue with timer in QEMU machine AT697
* Add support for changing CPU type in sifive_e machine.

- GDB:
- Added a gdb build that doesn't support python (TARGET-gdb-no-py)

NOTE: The name of the gdb executable will change in the next major
release. To maintain compatibility with previous 0.11.x we left the
TARGET-gdb as the version that supports python. In 0.12.x we will change
it such that TARGET-gdb will NOT support python and thus work everywhere
and TARGET-gdb-py will be the version that supports python.

- Changed python support to build against python3.8. This is an attempt to
have the python support work on a larger number of distributions.

NOTE: This may require install a python3.8 package on your system if
python3.8 is not available. On fedora systems that can be accomplished by:

`sudo dnf install python38`

On ubuntu systems that can be accomplished by:

`sudo apt get install python3.8-dev`

- OpenOCD:
* Pull in a fix for ARC SMP support

- GCC:
- Fix build issue with CRC32 intrinsics included from arm_acle.h on ARM
compiler.Thanks to all that contributed fixes and enhancements to this version of the SDK.

- k


Need guidance for L2CAP programing

Ameer Tamboli <tamboli664@...>
 

Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings of the day..! Presently I'm working on BLE with Zephyr RTOS + nrf52840DK board. While programming I'm stuck, as I wish to connect my remote device through l2cap. 
I tried to write using the API mentioned in l2cap.h but did not succed. 
Please help me in this regard.

Thank you,

Ameer S. Tamboli
+917709922348
Embedded Engineer


nRF Mesh Sample

Muhammad Muh <muhammad.muh83@...>
 

Dear Respectable Group Members,

Good Morning,

I hope you all will be doing well in this COVID 19 situation.

Regarding Zephyr, I am facing a problem in running the nrf mesh example. I will be grateful if you can help me in this regard.

Example: /home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/boards/nrf/mesh/onoff-app.

I am using nrf52840_pca10056 DK, after flashing the board (west flash), the example runs fine prior to the provisioning process each button is controlling the state of its
the corresponding LED".
Moreover, after I provision the device with the help of application nRF Mesh installed on my mobile, the messages are not being sent and receive as given in the readme file. For your information, I am using (Putty) for debugging.

I will be grateful if you can help me in this regard.

Stay Safe

Best Regards
Muhammad


[Zephyr 2.3] Current status as of 14th of May

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

This is the current bug status for Zephyr 2.3 as of today.

High priority bugs: 8 (threshold for release is ==0)
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Abug+label%3A%22priority%3A+high%22+sort%3Aupdated-desc+-milestone%3Av1.14.1+-milestone%3Av1.14.2+

Medium priority bugs: 43 (threshold for release is <=20)
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Abug+label%3A%22priority%3A+medium%22+sort%3Aupdated-desc+-milestone%3Av1.14.1+-milestone%3Av1.14.2+

Since we are currently quite far away from the required thresholds in order to release 2.3.0, I would like to ask you all to go through the bug lists and try to fix (or close if they are no long applicable) as many as possible so that we do not need to delay the current tentative release date of May 29th.

Thank you all in advance.

Carles


Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda May 14

Kumar Gala
 

On May 13, 2020, at 9:56 PM, Kumar Gala via lists.zephyrproject.org <kumar.gala=linaro.org@...> wrote:

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* Review PR/issues’s tagged with dev-review:

* Support for buildtesting SoCs w/o boards
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/25153

* Remove `default:` functionality from devicetree bindings
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/25164

* Any 2.3 issues that need discussion

* Any 2.4 topics / initial plans of activity.

* Any topics anyone else has.
Adding the following to the agenda:

* RFC: device: convert device struct instances to const
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25208

- k


Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 05/14/2020 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 14 May 2020, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_M2Q2ZDk4OWItMWE2MS00MTExLTkyYTQtNmUwOTA4MzgwOGYw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

+1 213-437-3346 United States, Los Angeles (Toll)
Conference ID: 750 623 026#


Local numbers: 
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/488d1b50-0dd2-4ca1-aee4-92bb50a48081?id=750623026


Zephyr Toolchain Working Group - Thu, 05/14/2020 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

When:
Thursday, 14 May 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Description:
Topic:  Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

Time: Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

        Every 2 weeks on Thu, until Jul 23, 2020, 10 occurrence(s)

        Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 2, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 16, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 30, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 14, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 28, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 11, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 25, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 9, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 23, 2020 07:00 AM

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_ZGRjNzNjMjEtOWJmMi00ODUxLWE2MjEtODM0M2FiMzQxMjE5%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

+1 213-437-3346 United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 570 955 823#

Local numbers: 
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/488d1b50-0dd2-4ca1-aee4-92bb50a48081?id=570955823

 


Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r


Upcoming Event: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group - Thu, 05/14/2020 7:00am-8:00am #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

When: Thursday, 14 May 2020, 7:00am to 8:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

View Event

Organizer: Maureen Helm

Description: Topic:  Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

Time: Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

        Every 2 weeks on Thu, until Jul 23, 2020, 10 occurrence(s)

        Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 2, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 16, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 30, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 14, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 28, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 11, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 25, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 9, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 23, 2020 07:00 AM

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_ZGRjNzNjMjEtOWJmMi00ODUxLWE2MjEtODM0M2FiMzQxMjE5%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

+1 213-437-3346 United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 570 955 823#

Local numbers: 
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/488d1b50-0dd2-4ca1-aee4-92bb50a48081?id=570955823

 


Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r


Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 14 May 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten
 

*******************************

 

NOTE: We will be using Microsoft Teams for this meeting instead of zoom.  The link is found below.

 

*******************************

 

Hi,

 

Due to lack of people on last meeting, we have the same agenda.


Agenda

  • Updates:
  • Short term goals, way forward
    • Dedicated toolchain test cases.
    • Label PR for automatic execution of CI Toolchain test cases

 

 

Feel free to send a mail, if you would like additional topics to be discussed.

 

Best regards

 

Torsten T. Rasmussen           

 

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 213-437-3346   United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 570 955 823#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

________________________________________________________________________________

 


Dev-Review Meeting Agenda May 14

Kumar Gala
 

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* Review PR/issues’s tagged with dev-review:

* Support for buildtesting SoCs w/o boards
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/25153

* Remove `default:` functionality from devicetree bindings
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/25164

* Any 2.3 issues that need discussion

* Any 2.4 topics / initial plans of activity.

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k


Re: Unable to run USB samples on STM32F411E-DISCO #samples

bbradley@...
 

Thanks for the feedback. I will go ahead and create an issue on github to describe the issue and show what I have tried so far.

Thanks!
Brian