Date

Re: make menuconfig does not store settings

Nashif, Anas

It is not a regression, there is an old bug about this

From: zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org [mailto:zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org] On Behalf Of Cufi, Carles
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 9:15 AM
To: Erwin Rol <mailinglists@erwinrol.com>; Zephyr Devel List <zephyr-devel@lists.zephyrproject.org>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] make menuconfig does not store settings

Hi Erwin,

This might well be a regression when we switched to kconfig.py. I will take a look with Sebastian to see what has gone wrong.

Sorry about that.

Hey All,

I have the following problem;

cd samples/net/http_server/
mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -DBOARD=olimex_stm32_e407
make menuconfig

(select the STM32 ethernet driver )

cat zephyr/.config | grep ETH_STM32

CONFIG_ETH_STM32_HAL=y
CONFIG_ETH_STM32_HAL_NAME="ETH_0"
CONFIG_ETH_STM32_HAL_IRQ_PRI=0
CONFIG_ETH_STM32_HAL_RX_THREAD_STACK_SIZE=1500
CONFIG_ETH_STM32_HAL_RX_THREAD_PRIO=2
CONFIG_ETH_STM32_HAL_PHY_ADDRESS=0
CONFIG_ETH_STM32_HAL_RANDOM_MAC=y

make

cat zephyr/.config | grep ETH_STM32
(nothing)

All selections made with menuconfig are gone, from the build output I
can see make also does not build any of the needed sources. It is as if
make menufconfig was not called at all.

Am I doing something wrong here ? Or is something broken on master ?

- Erwin

Re: make menuconfig does not store settings

Carles Cufi

[...]

Erwin Rol

[...]

Re: Nordic BLE scan

Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa

Hi Paul,

I ran a continuous scanning on my working copy just now, with Debug pins enabled, and see no reason why the scan window should be varying. Please let me know the application you are using and if you are only running passive scanning or other roles in parallel, also the low frequency clock source you are using on the nRF52 chip.

This is the logic trace of the controller scheduling:

Regards,

vinayak

From: <zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org> on behalf of Kai Ren <kren@bluetooth.com>
Date: Friday, 5 January 2018 at 07:17
To: "zephyr-devel@lists.zephyrproject.org" <zephyr-devel@lists.zephyrproject.org>

Hi there,
I had ever followed this guide, http://docs.zephyrproject.org/getting_started/installation_win.html, to set the dev environment up on my Windows10. But recently, when I want to compile again, there is a cmake error.
Attached is the error log, is there something wrong that I configured before? or some system error?

Regards,
Kai

Re: [RFC] CODEOWNERS missing default rule

Juan Manuel Torres Palma <j.m.torrespalma@...>

Hi Anas,

Can you confirm you guys receive a notification even if no reviewer is shown in
the GitHub PR?

I've taken the freedom to reopen the PR then.

Cheers,
jmtp

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 05:24:04PM +0000, Nashif, Anas wrote:
Juan,
I think the mean reason your PR did not get attention is the fact that over the last 2-3 weeks many people were out on vacation and just coming back.

Juan Manuel Torres Palma
Computer Engineer

From: Brett Preston <bpreston@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-tsc] OpenIoT Summit / ELCE - CFP Opportunity (closes January 7, 2018)
Date: January 3, 2018 at 10:33:29 AM MST

All,

Happy New Year!

Just a quick reminder to submit proposals for ELC / OpenIoT Summit prior to the January 7 deadline --

Cheers,

Brett

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Brett Preston <bpreston@...> wrote:
Members of the Zephyr TSC + Marketing Committee,

As noted on today's TSC call, the OpenIoT Summit is accepting proposals through January 7, 2018.

Over 800 participants are projected to attend, the majority of which will be developers.

It would be great for the Zephyr Project to be well represented at the event.

OpenIoT Summit / Embedded Linux Conference NA
March 12-14, 2018
Portland, OR

Thank you,

Brett Preston
The Linux Foundation
+1 (971) 303-9030
bpreston@...

Google Talk: bpreston@...
Skype: bprestoncf

Re: cmake error at /home/xxx/zephyr/cmake/kconfig.cmake:137 (message):

Sebastian Boe

Thank you for the feedback.

From: <zephyr-devel-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org> on behalf of Kai Ren <kren@bluetooth.com>
Date: Friday, 5 January 2018 at 07:17
To: "zephyr-devel@lists.zephyrproject.org" <zephyr-devel@lists.zephyrproject.org>

Hi there,
I had ever followed this guide, http://docs.zephyrproject.org/getting_started/installation_win.html, to set the dev environment up on my Windows10. But recently, when I want to compile again, there is a cmake error.
Attached is the error log, is there something wrong that I configured before? or some system error?

Regards,
Kai

Re: Confusion about Zephyr ADC API semantics

Piotr Mienkowski

Hi Marti,

Sorry for a late reply. I would like to add a few points to the
discussion. At first I'll quote your email as you wrote it a while ago.

On 16.12.2017 03:00, Marti Bolivar wrote:
I've been reading through the ADC API, its users, and its test cases,
and I'm confused about the semantics of struct adc_seq_entry, in
particular the field named "buffer". The API docs are vague and the
users contradict each other; something seems wrong to me.

(I volunteer to try to improve the documentation if we can clear
things up; I'm working on an ADC driver and would like to make sure
I'm doing the right thing.)

The main header says "buffer" is a byte array:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/include/adc.h#L39

But it doesn't say anything about the contents. That's strange,
especially since common ADC IPs can do 12+ bit conversions. (I at
least expected a u16*, and something written about the left- or
right-alignment of sample data, e.g. how a 12 bit sample is stored in
a 16 bit word.)

That same header only has this to say about the returned values from
an adc_read() call:

* The sample data can be retrieved from the memory buffers in
* the sequence table structure.

So I looked at the API users to find out more, but the results were
even more confusing.

This "simple" test wants to interpret the results as though the buffer
field points at an array of u32 (note the _print_sample_in_hex
implementation and the "delta" printk in adc_test):

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/tests/drivers/adc/adc_simple/src/main.c#L36

It also says buffer should be void*, which isn't true:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/tests/drivers/adc/adc_simple/src/main.c#L78

This "api" test thinks buffer is u16*:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/tests/drivers/adc/adc_api/src/test_adc.c#L53

The ADC-based grove temperature driver treats Zephyr samples as if
they were 12 bit right aligned values in a u16 array, and has a
comment saying that's the common convention:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/drivers/grove/temperature_sensor.c#L46

Can anyone clarify what the correct interpretation of this field is?
The alignment of the data within the buffer is unfortunately not the
only problem with this API. Also the meaning of the 'buffer_length'
field is pretty mysterious. I will not go into the details, suffice to
say that every single adc driver (we have a few of them already)
understands and implements it differently.

The fact that the implementation of ADC API among existing drivers is
incompatible is actually the smaller of the issues. The bigger problem
is that this API does not support typical use cases in a straightforward
way and neither takes into account capabilities of common hardware. IMHO
improving the documentation will not help much here. We should better
deprecate this API and come up with a new design.

Regards,
Piotr

From: <zephyr-devel-bounces@...> on behalf of Kai Ren <kren@...>
Date: Friday, 5 January 2018 at 07:17
To: "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>

Hi there,

I had ever followed this guide, http://docs.zephyrproject.org/getting_started/installation_win.html, to set the dev environment up on my Windows10. But recently, when I want to compile again, there is a cmake error.

Attached is the error log, is there something wrong that I configured before? or some system error?

Regards,

Kai

#BluetoothMesh self provisioning & configuration for Generic Models for testing #bluetoothmesh

Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>

Hello World !!

  "$schema":"file:\/\/\/BlueZ\/Mesh\/schema\/mesh.jsonschema",
  "meshName":"BT Mesh",
  "IVindex":5,
  "IVupdate":0,
  "netKeys":[
    {
      "index":0,
      "keyRefresh":0,
      "key":"18eed9c2a56add85049ffc3c59ad0e12"
    }
  ],
  "appKeys":[
    {
      "index":0,
      "boundNetKey":0,
      "key":"4f68ad85d9f48ac8589df665b6b49b8a"
    },
    {
      "index":1,
      "boundNetKey":0,
      "key":"2aa2a6ded5a0798ceab5787ca3ae39fc"
    }
  ],
  "provisioners":[
    {
      "provisionerName":"BT Mesh Provisioner",
      "unicastAddress":"0077",
      "allocatedUnicastRange":[
        {
          "lowAddress":"0100",
          "highAddress":"7fff"
        }
      ]
    }
  ],

This is my prov_db.json from #meshctl.

By taking reference from, zephyr/samples/bluetooth/mesh_demo/src/main.c I have added following things in my code

1)

static const u8_t net_key[16] = {
    0x18, 0xee, 0xd9, 0xc2, 0xa5, 0x6a, 0xdd, 0x85,
    0x04, 0x9f, 0xfc, 0x3c, 0x59, 0xad, 0x0e, 0x12,
};

static const u8_t app_key[16] = {
    0x2a, 0xa2, 0xa6, 0xde, 0xd5, 0xa0, 0x79, 0x8c,
    0xea, 0xb5, 0x78, 0x7c, 0xa3, 0xae, 0x39, 0xfc,
};

static const u8_t dev_key[16] = {
    0x01, 0x23, 0x45, 0x67, 0x89, 0xab, 0xcd, 0xef,
    0x01, 0x23, 0x45, 0x67, 0x89, 0xab, 0xcd, 0xef,
};

static const u16_t net_idx=0;
static const u16_t app_idx=1;
static const u32_t iv_index=5;
static u8_t flags;
static u16_t addr = 0x0100;    //for NODE on which only Model 1000 is activated
//static u16_t addr = 0x0101;  //for NODE on which only Model 1001 is activated
static u32_t seq;

2)

static void bt_ready(int err)
{
   .
   .
   .
   if (err) {
        printk("Provisioning failed (err %d)\n", err);
        return;
    }

    printk("Provisioning completed\n\r");

    configure();
}

3)
static void configure(void)
{
    printk("Configuring...\n");

    #ifdef Model1000

    #endif

    #ifdef Model1001

    #endif

    printk("Configuring completed\n");

}

Now how to edit configure( ) function, so that Model 1000 will get activated on one nRF52840_PDK board
& Model 1001 will get on another (along with pub & sub configurations ) ??

My ultimate goal is to understand this process & save variables required for Provisioning & Configuration
into external i2c EEPROM (like AT24C04).

cmake error at /home/xxx/zephyr/cmake/kconfig.cmake:137 (message):

Kai Ren

Hi there,

I had ever followed this guide, http://docs.zephyrproject.org/getting_started/installation_win.html, to set the dev environment up on my Windows10. But recently, when I want to compile again, there is a cmake error.

Attached is the error log, is there something wrong that I configured before? or some system error?

Regards,

Kai

distance provisioning & configuration of #BluetoothMesh DEVICEs using single GATT-Proxy NODE #bluetoothmesh

Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>

Hello,

Currently I have been doing provisioning of #BluetoothMesh DEVICEs using #meshctl utility. But I've to individually makes connection with each device over PB-GATT for provisining & configuration.

Can I do distance Provisioning of all other NODEs which are in vicinity of NODE to which I've already connected (PB-GATT to PB-ADV provisioning & configuration ) ?

May be it is already implemented but could anybody explain me how to do it using #meshctl ?

Thank You !!

Zephyr Project seeking Project Evangelist/Developer Advocate

Brett Preston

Members of the Zephyr Community,

The Zephyr Project is seeking a project evangelist and developer advocate to help grow and support the global Zephyr developer community.

The full job description, including details on how to apply, is available at https://www.zephyrproject.org/about/jobs-board/

Feel free to share with your networks -

Thank you,

Brett