Date

Re: Introduction of Youtube video, "Bluetooth Mesh Demo at ELCE Prague 2017"

Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>

Glad to hear it!

On Jan 4, 2018 6:42 PM, "Kai Ren" <kren@...> wrote:

Hi Vikrant,

Good news, meshctl starts to work.

Thank you!

Regards,

Kai

From: Vikrant More [mailto:vikrant8051@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2018 12:05 AM
To: Kai Ren <kren@...>; zephyr-devel@lists.zephyrproject.org; zephyr-users@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] Introduction of Youtube video, "Bluetooth Mesh Demo at ELCE Prague 2017"

1) Download this --> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/snapshot/bluez-5.48.tar.gz

2) tar -xvf bluez-5.48.tar.gz

3) mv bluez-5.48 bluez

4)cd bluez

5)./bootstrap-configure

6)make

7)make install

8)systemctl daemon-reload

9)systemctl restart bluetooth

10)bluetoothd --version

11) cd mesh

      Here you will find local_node.json & prov_db.json

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 6:55 PM, Kai Ren <kren@...> wrote:

Thanks, Vikrant!

As you mentioned, I cd into “BlueZ 5.48/mesh”, but I can’t find any *.json in this folder on my Raspberry Pi3, below is the file list in the folder. Is there something I missed?

Regards,

Kai

From: Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>
Date: Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 9:11 PM
To: Kai Ren <kren@...>

Or you can directly execute

$meshctl -c bluez/mesh

In my case, it is

$meshctl -c /home/vikrant/project/bluez/mesh

...(just for example)

On Jan 3, 2018 6:37 PM, "Vikrant More" <vikrant8051@...> wrote:

Hi Kai,

cd into bluez5.48/mesh

& then execute meshctl

Actually it is looking for json files which are available at blez_home/mesh.

On Jan 3, 2018 6:20 PM, "Kai Ren" <kren@...> wrote:

Hi Vikrant,

Your suggestion is very useful about #meshctl, I’ve already downloaded BlueZ v5.48 and installed it on my Raspberry Pi3.

When I typed meshctl on the terminal, there is an error message shown: Local config directory not provided…

Do you know what configuration should be done if I want to run #meshctl?

Regards,

Kai

[...]

Re: Libraries containing drivers at in app's CMakelist

Sebastian Boe

Hi Patrick,

for now, I don't know of any other way than maintaining a fork of Zephyr that
includes the driver.

I created an issue for the use-case that you can subscribe to:

Creating zephyr libraries in 'app' CMakeLists.txt code is not supported,
I will update the documentation and add input-validation to make this
clearer in the future.
From: Brett Preston <bpreston@...>
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-tsc] OpenIoT Summit / ELCE - CFP Opportunity (closes January 7, 2018)
Date: January 3, 2018 at 10:33:29 AM MST

All,

Happy New Year!

Just a quick reminder to submit proposals for ELC / OpenIoT Summit prior to the January 7 deadline --

Cheers,

Brett

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Brett Preston <bpreston@...> wrote:
Members of the Zephyr TSC + Marketing Committee,

As noted on today's TSC call, the OpenIoT Summit is accepting proposals through January 7, 2018.

Over 800 participants are projected to attend, the majority of which will be developers.

It would be great for the Zephyr Project to be well represented at the event.

OpenIoT Summit / Embedded Linux Conference NA
March 12-14, 2018
Portland, OR

Thank you,

Libraries containing drivers at in app's CMakelist

Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@...>

--
Patrick.

Re: Introduction of Youtube video, "Bluetooth Mesh Demo at ELCE Prague 2017"

Kai Ren

Great!

I’ve already found the json file on github, one is local_node.json, the other is prov_db.json, but there may be still an issue, Crypto API on Raspberry Pi, detail is this, https://blog.amuehlbeier.de/raspberry-pi-kernel-mit-crypto-erzeugen/

Have you ever fixed this issue? or Do you have any recommend platform to run meshctl?

Meanwhile, I will try your method later.

Thanks!!!

Regards,

Kai

[...]

Johan Hedberg

Hi Kai,

On Wed, Jan 03, 2018, Kai Ren wrote:
* How many devices (micro:bit) do I need to prepare?
At least two. The demo is designed to show only the last digit of the
sending devices's address, so anything more than 9 devices and you start
seeing hex characters :)

* What device would be the Provisioner?
No device. The way this particular demo works is that the nodes
self-provision themselves, and you assing a unique unicast address at
build-time (i.e. each device is flashed with a unique build image).

* What firmware do I need to use? Under $ZEPHYR_BASE/sample or $ZEPHYR_BASE/test?
It's samples/bluetooth/mesh_demo. The unique unicast for each build is
given by passing e.g. NODE_ADDR=0x0001 as a build variable.

Johan

Re: Introduction of Youtube video, "Bluetooth Mesh Demo at ELCE Prague 2017"

Kai Ren

Hi Vikrant8051,

Thanks a lot for the rapid reply!!

I’m still waiting for the expert to answer the questions on this thread!

Regards,

Kai

From: Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>
Date: Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 5:14 PM
To: Kai Ren <kren@...>, "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>

[...]

Re: Fw: Re:Access to Support Forum

Prasanth Velliyangiri <prasanth.velliyangiri@...>

Hi carles

  Thank you for your immediate reply.

 Zephyr BLE Controller: This is heavily IC-dependant and currently only works on Nordic ICs
          Now it makes sense..Thank you

----- ----- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
Warm & Regards

Prasanth.V
TATA Consultancy Services Ltd
Unit V, DHARA Building, Salarpuria
GR Tech Park,
Whitefield,
Bangalore-560066. Karnataka.
INDIA.
Ph : +91 85265 83004

From: "Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa" <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...>
Date: 01/02/2018 02:55PM
Cc: Sree Ainapurapu <sree.ainapurapu@...>

Hi Prasanth,

1.       ARM Cortex M0 architecture is fully supported in Zephyr. Regarding the Dialog SOC, I don’t see existing support. You can contribute by starting here http://docs.zephyrproject.org/porting/board_porting.html

2.       Same here, I don’t see supported boards.

Current Bluetooth support is detailed here: http://docs.zephyrproject.org/subsystems/bluetooth/bluetooth.html

Fully qualified BLE controller implementation is supported on Nordic Semiconductor SoCs.

That said, Zephyr Bluetooth host stack is fully compliant over HCI interfaces, with the possibility to use any supported SoC architecture interacting over HCI interfaces for Bluetooth features.

List of BLE samples (profiles) can be browsed here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/tree/master/samples/bluetooth

Regards,

Vinayak

From: Prasanth Velliyangiri/BLR/TCS
Date: 01/01/2018 03:03PM
Cc: Sree Ainapurapu/BLR/TCS@TCS
Subject: Re:Access to Support Forum

Hi Zephyr Team

         Q1 : I have Dialog Semiconductor BLE SOC with ARMCoretx M0, it has 1-Mega Bits Flash memory ,42 kB System SRAM, 84 kB ROM, 8 kB Retention SRAM can i use Zephyr ?? how can i modify zephyr to support my own Dialog SOC Based Custom Board

         Q2 : For TI BLE ,Zephyr have some sample codes, does this includes  profiles implementation (sending sensor values over BLE) also  or we have to implement slave profile role in Zephyr ??

Thank you

Warm & Regards

Prasanth.V
TATA Consultancy Services Ltd
Unit V, DHARA Building, Salarpuria
GR Tech Park,
Whitefield,
Bangalore-560066. Karnataka.
INDIA.
Ph : +91 85265 83004

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Fw: Re:Access to Support Forum

Carles Cufi

[...]

My bad. Yes, Zephyr OS on CC2650 SoC is supported with GPIO. But the open source BLE “controller” implementation currently only supports Nordic SoCs.

So, the answer is, unless a controller implementation port for cc2650 is made available, single chip open source BLE applications are not supported yet.

Regards,

Vinayak

From: Prasanth Velliyangiri/BLR/TCS
Date: 01/01/2018 03:03PM
Cc: Sree Ainapurapu/BLR/TCS@TCS

[...]

Re: Working with mesh shell

Johan Hedberg

Hi Ashish,

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017, ashish.shukla@corvi.com wrote:
If I only use /tests/bluetooth/mesh_shell, how am I supposed to bind model
with app key, when model is not even defined in the code.
Obviously that's not possible. What you could try to do, is to take the
mesh_shell code as a starting point and extend it from there with the
models that you need.

Johan

Re: Working with mesh shell

ashish.shukla@corvi.com <ashish.shukla@...>

Hi Johan,
Here is brief bout what I'm doing :

I'm integrating the code available at  tests/bluetooth/mesh_shell  and /samples/bluetooth/mesh and then running the code on a controller which is supposed to provision and configure itself. of course, taking care of configuration file.

I might seem naive, as I've just learned to use zephyr shell with very small documentation available.

If I only use /tests/bluetooth/mesh_shell, how am I supposed to bind model with app key, when model is not even defined in the code.

--
Warm regards,
Ashish Shukla
Jr. Embedded Engineer
Research & Development

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Ashish,

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017, ashish.shukla@... wrote:
> can you share a working code that's compatible with mesh shell?  Otherwise
> I've learn by trial and error. For now, I'm stuck at "init" command, it
> seemed to me that health client isn't configured in my code. Even after
> configuring health client, it never comes out of loop:
> here is mesh shell

Which application are you using? An unmodified tests/bluetooth/mesh_shell
should work directly. If you're using something else you might at least
want to take a look at the configuration of the mesh_shell app.