To: Prasanth Velliyangiri <prasanth.velliyangiri@...>, "Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa" <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...>
From: "Cufi, Carles" <Carles.Cufi@...>
Date: 01/02/2018 04:15PM
Cc: "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>, Sree Ainapurapu <sree.ainapurapu@...>
Subject: RE: [Zephyr-devel] Fw: Re:Access to Support Forum

Hi Prasanth,

The Zephyr BLE stack is split into 2 distinct parts:

·         Zephyr BLE Host: This is IC-agnostic and works on any of the chips officially supported by Zephyr

·         Zephyr BLE Controller: This is heavily IC-dependant and currently only works on Nordic ICs

Hence, if you are using Zephyr you probably want to use Zephyr’s BLE Host but you can combine that with TI’s proprietary Controller. How to actually implement that will boil down to the way TI’s Controller presents the standard HCI interface between Host and Controller.

Since Profiles are above the Host then if you are using Zephyr’s BLE Host you can reuse the code currently existing in the samples/bluetooth folder.

Further info here: https://www.zephyrproject.org/building-a-qualified-ble-controller-with-zephyr-os-1-9/

From: "Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa" <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...>
Date: 01/02/2018 02:55PM
Cc: Sree Ainapurapu <sree.ainapurapu@...>

Hi Prasanth,

1.       ARM Cortex M0 architecture is fully supported in Zephyr. Regarding the Dialog SOC, I don’t see existing support. You can contribute by starting here http://docs.zephyrproject.org/porting/board_porting.html

2.       Same here, I don’t see supported boards.

Current Bluetooth support is detailed here: http://docs.zephyrproject.org/subsystems/bluetooth/bluetooth.html

Fully qualified BLE controller implementation is supported on Nordic Semiconductor SoCs.

That said, Zephyr Bluetooth host stack is fully compliant over HCI interfaces, with the possibility to use any supported SoC architecture interacting over HCI interfaces for Bluetooth features.

List of BLE samples (profiles) can be browsed here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/tree/master/samples/bluetooth

Regards,

Vinayak

From: Prasanth Velliyangiri/BLR/TCS
Date: 01/01/2018 03:03PM
Cc: Sree Ainapurapu/BLR/TCS@TCS
Subject: Re:Access to Support Forum

Hi Zephyr Team

         Q1 : I have Dialog Semiconductor BLE SOC with ARMCoretx M0, it has 1-Mega Bits Flash memory ,42 kB System SRAM, 84 kB ROM, 8 kB Retention SRAM can i use Zephyr ?? how can i modify zephyr to support my own Dialog SOC Based Custom Board

         Q2 : For TI BLE ,Zephyr have some sample codes, does this includes  profiles implementation (sending sensor values over BLE) also  or we have to implement slave profile role in Zephyr ??

Thank you

Warm & Regards

Prasanth.V
TATA Consultancy Services Ltd
Unit V, DHARA Building, Salarpuria
GR Tech Park,
Whitefield,
Bangalore-560066. Karnataka.
INDIA.
Ph : +91 85265 83004

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Fw: Re:Access to Support Forum

Carles Cufi

----- ----- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

[...]

My bad. Yes, Zephyr OS on CC2650 SoC is supported with GPIO. But the open source BLE “controller” implementation currently only supports Nordic SoCs.

So, the answer is, unless a controller implementation port for cc2650 is made available, single chip open source BLE applications are not supported yet.

Regards,

Vinayak

Prasanth Velliyangiri <prasanth.velliyangiri@...>

From: Prasanth Velliyangiri/BLR/TCS
Date: 01/01/2018 03:03PM
Cc: Sree Ainapurapu/BLR/TCS@TCS

[...]

Re: Working with mesh shell

Johan Hedberg

Hi Ashish,

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017, ashish.shukla@corvi.com wrote:
If I only use /tests/bluetooth/mesh_shell, how am I supposed to bind model
with app key, when model is not even defined in the code.
Obviously that's not possible. What you could try to do, is to take the
mesh_shell code as a starting point and extend it from there with the
models that you need.

Johan

Re: Working with mesh shell

ashish.shukla@corvi.com <ashish.shukla@...>

Hi Johan,
Here is brief bout what I'm doing :

I'm integrating the code available at  tests/bluetooth/mesh_shell  and /samples/bluetooth/mesh and then running the code on a controller which is supposed to provision and configure itself. of course, taking care of configuration file.

I might seem naive, as I've just learned to use zephyr shell with very small documentation available.

--
Warm regards,
Ashish Shukla

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Ashish,

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017, ashish.shukla@... wrote:
> can you share a working code that's compatible with mesh shell?  Otherwise
> I've learn by trial and error. For now, I'm stuck at "init" command, it
> seemed to me that health client isn't configured in my code. Even after
> configuring health client, it never comes out of loop:
> here is mesh shell

Which application are you using? An unmodified tests/bluetooth/mesh_shell
should work directly. If you're using something else you might at least
want to take a look at the configuration of the mesh_shell app.

[...]

shell> Initializing...
[bt] [INF] hci_vs_init: HW Platform: Nordic Semiconductor (0x0002)
[bt] [INF] hci_vs_init: HW Variant: nRF52x (0x0002)
[bt] [INF] hci_vs_init: Firmware: Standard Bluetooth controller (0x00) Version 1.10 Build 99
[bt] [INF] show_dev_info: Identity: d0:23:3e:36:04:49 (random)
[bt] [INF] show_dev_info: HCI: version 5.0 (0x09) revision 0x0000, manufacturer 0xffff
[bt] [INF] show_dev_info: LMP: version 5.0 (0x09) subver 0xffff
Bluetooth initialized
[bt] [DBG] bt_mesh_cfg_cli_init: (0x20002360) primary 1
[bt] [DBG] bt_mesh_health_cli_init: (0x20002360) primary 1
[bt] [INF] bt_mesh_prov_init: Device UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-d0233e360449
Mesh initialized
Type "help" for supported commands.
Before any Bluetooth commands you must run "init"

mesh> init
[bt] [DBG] bt_mesh_cfg_cli_init: (0x20000270) primary 1
[bt] [DBG] bt_mesh_health_cli_init: (0x20000270) primary 1

--
Warm regards,
Ashish Shukla

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 7:12 PM, Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Ashish,

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017, ashish.shukla@... wrote:
> I understand basics on configuration model. However, I'm trying to add app
> key, it results in following error
>
> unable to send App Key add (error -11).
>
> I face same issue trying to add net key. For your reference, I'm attaching
> snapshot of mesh shell

The first thing the shell prints is that it asks you to run "init"
before any other command. Since you haven't done that the "provision"
command doesn't do anything, and then you get EAGAIN (errno 11) when you
try to send a message, which is the error that the mesh stack returns
when you're not provisioned and try to send messages.

Johan

Re: Working with mesh shell

Johan Hedberg

Hi Ashish,

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017, ashish.shukla@corvi.com wrote:
I understand basics on configuration model. However, I'm trying to add app
key, it results in following error

unable to send App Key add (error -11).

I face same issue trying to add net key. For your reference, I'm attaching
snapshot of mesh shell
The first thing the shell prints is that it asks you to run "init"
before any other command. Since you haven't done that the "provision"
command doesn't do anything, and then you get EAGAIN (errno 11) when you
try to send a message, which is the error that the mesh stack returns
when you're not provisioned and try to send messages.

Johan

Re: Working with mesh shell

Vikrant More <vikrant8051@...>

Hi to all,

Need proper sequence of all commands to start working with #mesh_shell [ to activate Model 1000 (which subscribe to 0xC000) as well as 1001 (which publish to 0xC000) ]

#meshctl take care of netKey & appKey in background. is #mesh_shell does same thing
Or I have to add those key manually ?

Currently getting following log  -->

mesh> shell> Initializing...
[bt] [INF] hci_vs_init: HW Platform: Nordic Semiconductor (0x0002)
[bt] [INF] hci_vs_init: HW Variant: nRF52x (0x0002)
[bt] [INF] hci_vs_init: Firmware: Standard Bluetooth controller (0x00) Version 1.10 Build 99
[bt] [INF] show_dev_info: Identity: e2:da:a3:e1:e1:c6 (random)
[bt] [INF] show_dev_info: HCI: version 5.0 (0x09) revision 0x0000, manufacturer 0xffff
[bt] [INF] show_dev_info: LMP: version 5.0 (0x09) subver 0xffff
Bluetooth initialized[bt] [INF] bt_mesh_prov_init: Device UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-e2daa3e1e1c6
Mesh initialized
mesh> provision 1 1
[bt] [INF] bt_mesh_provision: Primary Element: 0x0001
[bt] [DBG] bt_mesh_provision: (0x20000260) net_idx 0x0001 flags 0x00 iv_index 0x0000
mesh> dst 1
Destination address set to 0x0001
mesh> mod-app-bind 1 1 1000
Unable to send Model App Bind (err -11)
mesh>

Hi Johan,

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Ashish,

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017, ashish.shukla@... wrote:
> I'm trying to provision a local node only.

Are there any specific commands you're wondering about? You can get the
full list of them by typing "help". You'd e.g. start with provisioning
by typing "provision <network index> <unicast address>". The shell does
require basic knowledge of the configuration model, so I hope you can
explore the available commands and by experimenting get something
working. Each configuration model related shell command maps directly to
a configuration model message, so you'll need to look at the respective
specification section for each command for the details of its
parameters, etc.

On 28-Dec-2017 1:37 PM, "Johan Hedberg" <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Ashish,

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017, ashish.shukla@... wrote:
> can you please list out set of commands in order to provision and configure
> a simple onoff server?
>
> Though it is straight forward, I do not know how deal with OOB feature,
> which is disabled in my case. Without handling OOB, provision command
> doesn't work.

Zephyr does not yet have provisioner support. You can only provision the
local node throught the mesh shell at the moment (since that does not
involve running the full provisioning protocol).

[...]

Re: [Zephyr-users] Subscribing to heartbeat messages in a mesh network

Johan Hedberg

Hi Ashish,

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017, ashish.shukla@corvi.com wrote:
I'm almost there with mesh shell. Only a small issue, after disabling all
DEBUG messages, I still see adv stack and Kernal Stacks on terminal, which
makes it difficult work with shell. How to stop seeing these messages while
keeping mesh shell and printk enabled?
CONFIG_INIT_STACKS=n

Johan

Re: [Zephyr-users] Subscribing to heartbeat messages in a mesh network

ashish.shukla@corvi.com <ashish.shukla@...>

Hi,
Thanks for your concern Steve, I'll write the code for it. Have a good time on vacation!!!

Hi Johan,
I'm almost there with mesh shell. Only a small issue, after disabling all DEBUG messages, I still see adv stack and Kernal Stacks on terminal, which makes it difficult work with shell. How to stop seeing these messages while keeping mesh shell and printk enabled?

--
Warm regards,
Ashish Shukla
Jr. Embedded Engineer
Research & Development

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 7:15 PM, Steve Brown <sbrown@...> wrote:

Hi Ashish

On Dec 27, 2017, at 12:19 AM, "ashish.shukla@..." <ashish.shukla@...> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks Steve, it works as expected.

I watched a video on youtube by Johan, in which he demonstrates working of heartbeat messages. Which means he's developed some means to subscribe to Heartbeat messages as well. Is there some other way if I want to subscribe to heartbeat messages except meshctl?

--
Warm regards,
Ashish Shukla

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Steve Brown <sbrown@...> wrote:
Hi Ashish,

On Tue, 2017-12-26 at 17:47 +0530, ashish.shukla@... wrote:
> Hello everyone !!
>
> I'm trying to work with heartbeat messages. I'm using android app by
> silicon Labs for provisioning and configuring so I can't subscribe
> and publish heartbeat messages using this app.
>
> On the other hand, there is command for publishing heartbeat messages
> in meshctl, so I'm able to publish heartbeat messages. but, there
> isn't any command to subscribe for heartbeat messages.
>
> I understand that this needs to done using configuration client,still
> I want to know if there is a way to subscribe just for testing
> purposes?
>
> Can I use these lines of code I found at /mesh_demo/src.c  in my
> main.c file, hard coding the addresses
>

>         struct bt_mesh_cfg_hb_sub sub = {
>             .src = PUBLISHER_ADDR,
>             .dst = GROUP_ADDR,
>             .period = 0x10,
>         };
>
>         bt_mesh_cfg_hb_sub_set(net_idx, addr, &sub, NULL);
>
> though adding these lines gives compilation error in my code.
>
> --
> Warm regards,
> Ashish Shukla
> Jr. Embedded Engineer
> Research & Development
> www.corvi.com

If the target of heartbeat publish is 0077 (meshctl's unicast address),
it will display the returned status.

Steve

There isn’t a heartbeat subscribe command in meshctl. It wouldn’t be hard to add. Take a look at the code and add it. I’m on vacation for a couple of weeks
Steve

Re: [Zephyr-users] Subscribing to heartbeat messages in a mesh network

Steve Brown

4101 - 4120 of 8041