Date   

[Zephyr 2.3] Final release delayed until June 5th

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

After close inspection of the current state of the code when it comes to bug counts, we have decided to postpone the release for a week, until June 5th. The main reason is the existence of high priority bugs that prevent us from tagging an -rc2.

This is the current bug status for Zephyr 2.3 as of today.

High priority bugs: 2 (threshold for release is ==0) https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Abug+label%3A%22priority%3A+high%22+sort%3Aupdated-desc+-milestone%3Av1.14.1+-milestone%3Av1.14.2+

Medium priority bugs: 19 (threshold for release is <=20) https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Abug+label%3A%22priority%3A+medium%22+sort%3Aupdated-desc+-milestone%3Av1.14.1+-milestone%3Av1.14.2+

As always, you are encouraged to go through the bug lists above and help out in any way you can.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Carles


Mesh Example

Muhammad Muh <muhammad.muh83@...>
 

Dear Respectable Group Members,

Good Morning,

I hope you all will be doing well in this COVID 19 situation.

Regarding Zephyr, I am facing a problem in running the nrf mesh example. I will be grateful if you can help me in this regard.

Example: /home/muhammad/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/boards/nrf/mesh/onoff-app.

During Provisioning I am getting the following error please guide me. I will be grateful.

[meshctl]# discover-unprovisioned on
SetDiscoveryFilter success
Discovery started
Adapter property changed
[CHG] Controller CC:B0:DA:AA:73:AC Discovering: yes
Mesh Provisioning Service (00001827-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
Device UUID: c98f1f844cd300000000000000000000
OOB: 0000
[meshctl]# provision c98f1f844cd300000000000000000000
Trying to connect Device D3:4C:84:1F:8F:C9 Zephyr
Adapter property changed
[CHG] Controller CC:B0:DA:AA:73:AC Discovering: no
Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed
[meshctl]# provision c98f1f844cd300000000000000000000
Could not find device proxy
[meshctl]# discover-unprovisioned on
SetDiscoveryFilter success
Discovery started
Adapter property changed
[CHG] Controller CC:B0:DA:AA:73:AC Discovering: yes
Mesh Provisioning Service (00001827-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
Device UUID: c98f1f844cd300000000000000000000
OOB: 0000
[NEW] Device D3:4C:84:1F:8F:C9 Zephyr
[meshctl]# provision c98f1f844cd300000000000000000000
Trying to connect Device D3:4C:84:1F:8F:C9 Zephyr
Adapter property changed
[CHG] Controller CC:B0:DA:AA:73:AC Discovering: no
Connection successful
Services resolved yes
Found matching char: path /org/bluez/hci0/dev_D3_4C_84_1F_8F_C9/service0010/char0011, uuid 00002adb-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
Found matching char: path /org/bluez/hci0/dev_D3_4C_84_1F_8F_C9/service0010/char0013, uuid 00002adc-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
Start notification on /org/bluez/hci0/dev_D3_4C_84_1F_8F_C9/service0010/char0013
Characteristic property changed /org/bluez/hci0/dev_D3_4C_84_1F_8F_C9/service0010/char0013
AcquireNotify success: fd 7 MTU 69
Notify for Mesh Provisioning Out Data started
Open-Node: 0x55af8f71fef0
Open-Prov: 0x55af8f71eb60
Open-Prov: proxy 0x55af8f7228a0
Initiated provisioning
Characteristic property changed /org/bluez/hci0/dev_D3_4C_84_1F_8F_C9/service0010/char0011
AcquireWrite success: fd 8 MTU 69
GATT-TX: 03 00 10
GATT-RX: 03 01 04 00 01 00 00 06 00 18 00 00 00
Got provisioning data (12 bytes)
01 04 00 01 00 00 06 00 18 00 00 00
GATT-TX: 03 02 00 00 02 04 06
GATT-TX: 03 03 62 b6 6f 0d 10 8e 62 d9 0b b9 5e c5 68 fe
GATT-TX: dd cd 0f ee 2c d1 c9 87 b7 76 9f 51 0d d5 fd 09
GATT-TX: e7 bc e4 9a a3 96 e8 36 f6 1e 53 72 54 78 f1 d2
GATT-TX: 14 fd 88 86 b2 bb ec 05 3f 38 df b0 09 f5 57 47
GATT-TX: e1 c5
[Zephyr]# menu config
Menu config:
Available commands:
-------------------
target <unicast>                                  Set target node to configure
composition-get [page_num]                        Get composition data
netkey-add <net_idx>                              Add network key
netkey-del <net_idx>                              Delete network key
appkey-add <app_idx>                              Add application key
appkey-del <app_idx>                              Delete application key
bind <ele_idx> <app_idx> <mod_id> [cid]           Bind app key to a model
mod-appidx-get <ele_addr> <model id>              Get model app_idx
ttl-set <ttl>                                     Set default TTL
ttl-get                                           Get default TTL
pub-set <ele_addr> <pub_addr> <app_idx> <per (step|res)> <re-xmt (cnt|per)> <mod id> [cid]
 Set publication
pub-get <ele_addr> <model>                        Get publication
proxy-set <proxy>                                 Set proxy state
proxy-get                                         Get proxy state
ident-set <net_idx> <state>                       Set node identity state
ident-get <net_idx>                               Get node identity state
beacon-set <state>                                Set node identity state
beacon-get                                        Get node beacon state
relay-set <relay> <rexmt count> <rexmt steps>     Set relay
relay-get                                         Get relay
hb-pub-set <pub_addr> <count> <period> <ttl> <features> <net_idx> Set heartbeat publish
hb-pub-get                                        Get heartbeat publish
hb-sub-set <src_addr> <dst_addr> <period>         Set heartbeat subscribe
hb-sub-get                                        Get heartbeat subscribe
sub-add <ele_addr> <sub_addr> <model id>          Add subscription
sub-get <ele_addr> <model id>                     Get subscription
node-reset                                        Reset a node and remove it from network
back                                              Return to main menu
version                                           Display version
quit                                              Quit program
exit                                              Quit program
help                                              Display help about this program
export                                            Print environment variables
[Zephyr]#    target 0100
Configuring node 0100
[config: Target = 0100]#    appkey-add 1
Node 0100
 not found[config: Target = 0100]#

Regards




IAR.h file

todd_mullanix@...
 

Hi All,

Has anyone made an IAR.h toolchain file yet? The lack of a typeof extension in IAR is tripping me up. 

Todd


API meeting cancelled today

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

I have had to cancel the API meeting today due to the ongoing work with the 2.3.0 release and the fact that we are all focusing on getting the bug count down this week in order to be able to release.

Please do feel free to join the Bug Triage Release Readiness meeting (one hour later, 19h CEST) if you are interested in helping out with the triaging and release scheduling:

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_ZjViY2NmNmEtYmQ5OS00YTk1LTk2M2YtNDJhY2ZiYzViYjZh%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

Carles


Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, 26 May 2020 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 26 May 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YzYzZTAzNGItOWFiMS00MDBkLTkyYmMtNzljZjkwNDVlMThm%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

+1 213-437-3346 United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 262 362 129#

Local numbers: 
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/488d1b50-0dd2-4ca1-aee4-92bb50a48081?id=262362129


 Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit?usp=sharing


Device Drivers

Raj Gundi
 

Hi,

 

I had a question regarding the device driver modelling in Zephyr. I see that most device drivers in Zephyr are not 'thread sensitive'. That is, there is a possibility of some unintended behaviour when 2 or more threads concurrently access the driver. Of course, this situation is mostly relevant only for pre-emptive threads. I wanted to know if there’s some reason for this design. Also, I wanted to brainstorm the different possible ways to make these drivers thread-safe when using pre-emptive threads. Below are some of the ways that I could think of.

a.       Modify the drivers in Zephyr to be thread-safe. Mutexes can be used here. 

b.       Have a wrapper in app layer for each of the drivers through which the corresponding drivers are accessed. Mutexes can be used here to guarantee thread sensitivity. 

c.       Have a dedicated thread (supervisor/worker thread) whose only job is to issue driver calls. Though this approach can separate out the user space from kernel space which is desirable, it may also increase the frequency of task switches thereby adversely affecting performance.

 

Please let me know your views.

 

Regards,

Raj

 


usdhc does not support card check notification

FrankLi
 

Hi,
   In disk_access_usdhc.c, there is a callback for detect card but no API is open to the application layer. Therefore, during card insert / un-insert, the application layer will not be able to respond, such as mount fs when the card is inserted, and unmount fs when it is unplugged. I plan to add a mechanism to register the application layer callback in ioctrl Can anyone give some suggestions on the design expectations of zephyr? If the answer is yes, I will start the work


Re: Release notes for 2.3

Carles Cufi
 

+ devel mailing list

Hi all,

We still have quite a few sections missing in the release notes.

Please help us fill those out in the next few days.

Thanks,

Carles

-----Original Message-----
From: Cufi, Carles
Sent: 13 May 2020 12:44
To: jukka.rissanen@...; @jhe; Andersson,
Joakim <Joakim.Andersson@...>; Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa
<vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...>; Ruud Derwig
<Ruud.Derwig@...>; kumar.gala@...;
maureen.helm@...; anas.nashif@...; Boie, Andrew P
<andrew.p.boie@...>; Michael Gielda <@mgielda>;
Nathaniel Graff <nathaniel.graff@...>; David Brown
<@d3zd3z>; Glaropoulos, Ioannis
<Ioannis.Glaropoulos@...>; Andy Ross
<andrew.j.ross@...>; Piotr Mienkowski
<piotr.mienkowski@...>; Bigot, Peter <Peter.Bigot@...>;
Bursztyka, Tomasz <tomasz.bursztyka@...>; Puzdrowski, Andrzej
<Andrzej.Puzdrowski@...>; Johann Fischer
<j.fischer@...>; alexander.wachter@...; Obalski,
Emil <Emil.Obalski@...>
Subject: Release notes for 2.3

Hi all,

It's that time of the quarter again, when we ask you to put together
some release notes for your respective subsystems.
Remember to send PRs against https://github.com/zephyrproject-
rtos/zephyr/blob/master/doc/releases/release-notes-2.3.rst.

Here's the list of areas with the respective owners:

Release highlights - Carles

Subsystems
Kernel - Andy, Andrew
Build and infrastructure - Torsten, Anas, Kumar Devicetree - Kumar,
Martí Drivers and sensors - Maureen, Tomasz, Peter, Piotr Filesystems
- Andrzej, Peter Networking - Jukka Bluetooth - Johan, Joakim, Carles,
Vinayak USB - Johann, Emil CAN - Alexander Architectures ARC - Ruud
ARM - Ioannis, Kumar, Maureen
X86 - Anas, Andrew
RISCV - Michael, Nate
Xtensa, NIOS-II - Anas, Andrew
Board and SoC support - many
Security - David (mostly done)

Thanks in advance,

Carles


[Zephyr 2.3] Current status as of 21st of May

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

This is the current bug status for Zephyr 2.3 as of today.

High priority bugs: 3 (threshold for release is ==0) https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Abug+label%3A%22priority%3A+high%22+sort%3Aupdated-desc+-milestone%3Av1.14.1+-milestone%3Av1.14.2+

Medium priority bugs: 40 (threshold for release is <=20) https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Abug+label%3A%22priority%3A+medium%22+sort%3Aupdated-desc+-milestone%3Av1.14.1+-milestone%3Av1.14.2+

We are confident that we will be able to close all 3 high priority bugs in the few days to come.
However, we need help in closing those medium priority bugs, so any contributions towards getting the count down are welcome.

Thank you all in advance.

Carles


Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 05/21/2020 3:00pm-4:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 21 May 2020, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_M2Q2ZDk4OWItMWE2MS00MTExLTkyYTQtNmUwOTA4MzgwOGYw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

+1 213-437-3346 United States, Los Angeles (Toll)
Conference ID: 750 623 026#


Local numbers: 
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/488d1b50-0dd2-4ca1-aee4-92bb50a48081?id=750623026


Re: Zenoh, NBIOT intergration

Ryan Erickson
 

We have integrated a Cat-M1/Cat-NB1 modem into zephyr.  We have not pushed our driver upstream yet, but there are plans to do so in the near future.
https://www.lairdconnect.com/wireless-modules/cellular-solutions/pinnacle-100-cellular-modem


Zenoh, NBIOT intergration

Brenton Chetty <brent7984@...>
 

Hi, my name is Brenton

I just wanted to find out, is there any ongoing work towards the integration of the Zenoh Protocol or NBIOT to Zephyr OS?

With regards
Brenton


Re: SDK 0.11.3 Release

Paul Sokolovsky
 

Hello Kumar,

On Mon, 18 May 2020 10:33:24 -0500
"Kumar Gala" <kumar.gala@...> wrote:

Hi,

Some fixes based on usage of SDK v0.11.x and addition of QEMU for
ARC, cmake package support, and some changes to how we build GDB.
Please take NOTE of the changes w/regards to GDB.

The SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.11.3
Thanks for this release. And to provide some feedback: I really
appreciate continuing to keep a user in control. I may imagine that
some users find all the new features like "integration with CMake
registry" to be useful for them. But for me, as a long-time Zephyr
developer, the baseline requirements are: a) being able to work with
multiple Zephyr SDK versions; b) being able to switch among them
easily; c) always be aware which version is currently in use.

So, I rely on multiple SDKs being installed in the versioned directory
names and use environment variable to switch among them (or check
what's currently used). And, I appreciate being asked whether I want all
the CMake adhoc features, and hope to be able to keep answering "n" in
the future.

[]

--
Best Regards,
Paul

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro
http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg - http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog


Updated Event: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group #cal-invite

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

When:
Thursday, 28 May 2020
2:00pm to 3:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Thursday, through Thursday, 23 July 2020

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Maureen Helm

Description:

Topic:  Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

Time: Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

        Every 2 weeks on Thu, until Jul 23, 2020, 10 occurrence(s)

        Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 2, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 16, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 30, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 14, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 28, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 11, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 25, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 9, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 23, 2020 07:00 AM

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_ZGRjNzNjMjEtOWJmMi00ODUxLWE2MjEtODM0M2FiMzQxMjE5%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

+1 213-437-3346 United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 570 955 823#

Local numbers: 
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/488d1b50-0dd2-4ca1-aee4-92bb50a48081?id=570955823

 


Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r


Updated Event: Zephyr Project: APIs #cal-invite

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
Tuesday, 26 May 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC
Repeats: Weekly on Tuesday

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YzYzZTAzNGItOWFiMS00MDBkLTkyYmMtNzljZjkwNDVlMThm%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

+1 213-437-3346 United States, Los Angeles (Toll)

Conference ID: 262 362 129#

Local numbers: 
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/488d1b50-0dd2-4ca1-aee4-92bb50a48081?id=262362129


 Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit?usp=sharing


Updated Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting #cal-invite

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When:
Thursday, 21 May 2020
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC
Repeats: Weekly on Thursday

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_M2Q2ZDk4OWItMWE2MS00MTExLTkyYTQtNmUwOTA4MzgwOGYw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

+1 213-437-3346 United States, Los Angeles (Toll)
Conference ID: 750 623 026#


Local numbers: 
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/488d1b50-0dd2-4ca1-aee4-92bb50a48081?id=750623026


Re: TLS using Sara u201 or generic gsm modem #gsm_modem

Jukka Rissanen
 

I was not able to connect to net using Boron, it is probably some minor
thing, but you need at least my PR to try it.

I have used SIM808 modem which works fine with generic GSM modem.

Cheers,
Jukka

On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 16:21 +0000, Ricardo Gutierrez wrote:
Hi Jukka,

I don't have it. Is it difficult to have the setup for the sara under
generic GSM?. What problems did you have?. I'll take a look to your
link. What other modem did you try on?



Thanks!


-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Rissanen <jukka.rissanen@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:56 AM
To: Ricardo Gutierrez <ricardo.gutierrez@...>;
devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] TLS using Sara u201 or generic gsm modem
#gsm_modem #gsm_modem

Hi Ricardo,

having a secure connection to AWS over the generic GSM modem should
work just fine. Do you have a working setup for generic GSM modem
with Particle Boron board? I am asking because I had some issues last
time I tried it (several months ago), there is also a preliminary PR
for it
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/22598


Cheers,
Jukka


On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 06:41 -0700, Ricardo Gutierrez wrote:
Hi there,

I'm using Sara U201 with Particle boron to transmit data to an
mqtt
server in the cloud. The problem I'm facing now is that I need to
have
a secure connection using TLS to connect to AWS. Is this possible?
Do
I need to use Sara U201 or should I use thegthe gsm option?


Thanks a lot!

Thanks.


Re: TLS using Sara u201 or generic gsm modem #gsm_modem

Ricardo Gutierrez
 

Hi Jukka,

I don't have it. Is it difficult to have the setup for the sara under generic GSM?. What problems did you have?. I'll take a look to your link. What other modem did you try on?



Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Rissanen <jukka.rissanen@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:56 AM
To: Ricardo Gutierrez <ricardo.gutierrez@...>; devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] TLS using Sara u201 or generic gsm modem #gsm_modem #gsm_modem

Hi Ricardo,

having a secure connection to AWS over the generic GSM modem should work just fine. Do you have a working setup for generic GSM modem with Particle Boron board? I am asking because I had some issues last time I tried it (several months ago), there is also a preliminary PR for it
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/22598


Cheers,
Jukka


On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 06:41 -0700, Ricardo Gutierrez wrote:
Hi there,

I'm using Sara U201 with Particle boron to transmit data to an mqtt
server in the cloud. The problem I'm facing now is that I need to have
a secure connection using TLS to connect to AWS. Is this possible? Do
I need to use Sara U201 or should I use thegthe gsm option?


Thanks a lot!

Thanks.


Re: TLS using Sara u201 or generic gsm modem #gsm_modem

Jukka Rissanen
 

Hi Ricardo,

having a secure connection to AWS over the generic GSM modem should
work just fine. Do you have a working setup for generic GSM modem with
Particle Boron board? I am asking because I had some issues last time I
tried it (several months ago), there is also a preliminary PR for it
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/22598


Cheers,
Jukka

On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 06:41 -0700, Ricardo Gutierrez wrote:
Hi there,

I'm using Sara U201 with Particle boron to transmit data to an mqtt
server in the cloud. The problem I'm facing now is that I need to
have a secure connection using TLS to connect to AWS. Is this
possible? Do I need to use Sara U201 or should I use thegthe gsm
option?


Thanks a lot!

Thanks.


TLS using Sara u201 or generic gsm modem #gsm_modem

Ricardo Gutierrez
 

Hi there,

I'm using Sara U201 with Particle boron to transmit data to an mqtt server in the cloud. The problem I'm facing now is that I need to have a secure connection using TLS to connect to AWS. Is this possible? Do I need to use Sara U201 or should I use thegthe gsm 
option?


Thanks a lot!

Thanks.