From: zephyr-devel-bounces@... [mailto:zephyr-devel-bounces@...] On Behalf Of jack ma
Sent: 12 December 2017 05:27
To: zephyr-devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] what's the status of cmake build system

Hi,

it looks like Kconfig and Linux environments still need to compile zephyr, is that right?

Is it possible to build zephyr without msys2(or linux subsystem) on Windows now?

Thanks.

Re: BLE Nitrogen

Marti Bolivar

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...> wrote:

Nitrogen boards are actively used in the Zephyr community, unless there is some obvious physical issues in your boards (like antennae matching network) Bluetooth functionality should be pretty straight forward. You can even try central_hr one of your board and peripheral_hr on the other and they should connect to each other on power-up. Let me know if your two boards are able to connect so using these Zephyr application.

FWIW, my personal experience with 1.0 Nitrogen boards has been... suboptimal. 1.1 is indeed better and usable for things like IPSP at shorter ranges, but still falls short of other boards I've tried. Gene, if you can get them replaced with 1.1s, I'd start there.

For comparison, see BLE Nano 2 for another small form-factor Zephyr compatible nRF52 board, which claims BLE 4.2 certification: https://github.com/redbear/nRF5x/blob/master/nRF52832/docs/Specifications.md#ble-module-mb-n2

Marti

Re: [Zephyr-users] I2C and adc support for nRF5

ashish.shukla@corvi.com <ashish.shukla@...>

Hi Felipe,

Code builds successfully after making a minor change in main.c file

#define I2C_DEV CONFIG_GPIO_NRF5_P0_DEV_NAME

however, I'm working with nrf52840_pca10056 IC, running the command

$ cmake -DBOARD=nrf52_pca10056 ..

results in an error, I'm attaching snapshot in the attachment.

What needs to be done to remove this error ?

--
Warm regards,
Ashish Shukla

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 5:38 PM, Felipe Neves <ryukokki.felipe@...> wrote:
Hello ashish!

The current version of Zephyr support I2C driver for nRF5, you also can find some examples in samples/ directory, the samples/drivers/i2c_fujistsu_fram  is a simple example which use both I2C write and
read functions.

To test it just setup zephyr environment then cd to this sample directory, then:

$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake -DBOARD=nrf52_pca10040 ..
$ make

You'll find the built image on build/zephyr directory.

Also you can use this sample as reference to develop your own project based on I2C bus.

About the ADC, the nrf5 currently does not support driver to it, but you can of course use it by:

- providing a driver using the zephyr infrastructure;
- use ADC controller as part of your application.

Please let me know if this information was useful to you.

Best

Felipe

Hello everyone !!!

There is I2C support for nRF5 micro controllers, is there any sample code available to interface an I2C device with nRF5.

Also, is there adc support for nRF5 series controllers?

--
Warm regards,
Ashish Shukla

Felipe S. Neves
Embedded software & systems engineer
Skype: fneves1989
+55 11 96610 – 0855

what's the status of cmake build system

jack ma

Hi,
it looks like Kconfig and Linux environments still need to compile zephyr, is that right?
Is it possible to build zephyr without msys2(or linux subsystem) on Windows now?

Thanks.

Re: How to detect a thread is aborted and restart it?

Li, Jun R

Thank you, Andrew and Mike!

I think the function fn_abort is good enough to meet my requests. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Jun

From: "Boie, Andrew P" <andrew.p.boie@...>
Date: Monday, December 11, 2017 at 15:34
To: Michael Rosen <michael.r.rosen@...>, "Li, Jun R" <jun.r.li@...>, "Pallala, Ramakrishna" <ramakrishna.pallala@...>, "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>
Subject: RE: [Zephyr-devel] How to detect a thread is aborted and restart it?

Ø  I don’t see much other way unfortunately; I think it would be nice is Zephyr added Fault hooks per thread so you could set a function to be called on a thread faulting.

There is a fn_abort member in struct k_thread which if not NULL, gets called when a thread goes through the k_thread_abort() code path, including when it hits a fatal exception. It's a void function that takes no parameters.

There appear to be no public APIs to set a thread abort function, but it should be fairly straightforward to add them.

HTH

Andrew

Re: How to detect a thread is aborted and restart it?

Boie, Andrew P

Ø  I don’t see much other way unfortunately; I think it would be nice is Zephyr added Fault hooks per thread so you could set a function to be called on a thread faulting.

There is a fn_abort member in struct k_thread which if not NULL, gets called when a thread goes through the k_thread_abort() code path, including when it hits a fatal exception. It's a void function that takes no parameters.

There appear to be no public APIs to set a thread abort function, but it should be fairly straightforward to add them.

HTH

Andrew

Re: How to detect a thread is aborted and restart it?

Michael Rosen

Jun,

I don’t see much other way unfortunately; I think it would be nice is Zephyr added Fault hooks per thread so you could set a function to be called on a thread faulting.

Otherwise, you can always add kernel/include to the include search path for your project so you don’t have to move anything via:

subdir-cc-flags-y += -I$(ZEPHYR_BASE)/kernel/include

Not ideal, but should give you access to these functions.

Mike

From: "Pallala, Ramakrishna" <ramakrishna.pallala@...>
Date: Monday, December 11, 2017 at 03:40
To: "Li, Jun R" <jun.r.li@...>, "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>

Hi Jun Li,

There are few inline functions in kernel/include/ksched.h from which you can get the status of a particular thread.

static inline int _is_thread_prevented_from_running(struct k_thread *thread)

static inline int _is_thread_state_set(struct k_thread *thread, u32_t state)

From the above functions you can get the status of your critical thread and based the status you can invoke/restart the thread from background thread.

Thanks,

Ram

My application has one critical thread which needs to be always running. However, sometimes, it could crash due to some incorrect memory operations. I want to find a way to detect the thread abortion event and restart that thread from a background thread. Is there a way in Zephyr to check the current status of a specific thread and restart it if it aborts?

Thank you!

Regards,

Jun Li

testcase syntax changes

Per https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/5109, the syntax of the sanitycheck related testcase.yaml and sample.yaml files has changed, all files in the git repo have been modified with the new syntax.

If you have a pending PR in github with changes to those files or if you are introducing a new test or sample, please make sure you follow the new syntax, otherwise CI would fail.

Anas

Re: BLE Nitrogen

Carles Cufi

Hi Gene,

If what you are doing is  trying to run the SoftDevice and the Nordic nRF5 SDK on the Nitrogen board, then this mailing list is not the appropriate place to ask. As Vinayak pointed out, the Nordic Developer Zone is the right forum for questions about those software platforms.

The Zephyr RTOS is a complete replacement for both the SoftDevice and the nRF5 SDK, and it’s up to you which one to use. If you opt for Zephyr then I’m sure we’ll be able to help you out, and otherwise I recommend you try the Developer Zone or the Nordic technical support team directly.

From: "Zarkhin, Gene" <Gene_Zarkhin@...>
Date: Monday, 11 December 2017 at 21:01
To: Vinayak Kariappa Chettimada <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...>
Cc: "Cufi, Carles" <Carles.Cufi@...>, Steve Brown <sbrown@...>, "Kinder, David B" <david.b.kinder@...>, "zephyr-devel@..." <zephyr-devel@...>
Subject: RE: [Zephyr-devel] BLE Nitrogen

Vinayak,

Thanks for your email.

The device I am connecting to is on the market, but it requires a special debug mode of operation, which is not available for all users.

So, bottom line – you will not be able to help me with that

My application is based on UART central demo found in Nordic SDK

I issue sd_ble_gap_connect() and get

BLE_GAP_EVT_CONNECTED event in both DK and Nitrogen board

Then I issue ble_db_discovery_start() function and in DK I receive BLE_NUS_C_EVT_DISCOVERY_COMPLETE event

And Nitrogen board hangs – never generates any events.

Gene Zarkhin

gene_zarkhin@...

(508) 766-9030 – office

(617) 943-2331 – cell