Date   

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 11/30/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When: Monday, 30 November 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: Maureen Helm

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 30 November 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten
 

Agenda

  • Thomas: IAR: Updates ?
  • Zephyr SDK, 0.12 status.
  • GNU ld/binutils dependencies cleanup
    • ALIGN_WITH_INPUT
    • GAP_FILL
  • LLVM toolchain
    • CI integration
    • armclang updates
  • Milestones for 2.5, news

 

/torsten

 


Network forum agenda

Jukka Rissanen
 


Re: building my first project --- can't compile (no _exit)

marty leisner
 

Thanks....downgrading cmake to 3.18.4 and clearing the cache helped...

marty


On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 3:19 AM Alexander Wachter <alexander.wachter@...> wrote:
Hi Marty,

There is a problem with CMake 3.19 and Zephyr. Downgrade CMake and try again.
The related issue is tracked here:


Cheers,
Alex

Am 27.11.2020 um 23:03 schrieb marty leisner <maleisner@...>:


I started with zephyr off the instructions at:


I'm using ubuntu 18.04.

Executing:
west -v build -p auto -b sam_v71b_xult samples/hello_world

compiling empty files can't find _exit -- here's the CMakeError.log.

I followed the instructions twice (removed the first install)

marty


<CMakeError.log>


New Manifest GitHub Action

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

We've recently merged and enabled a new GitHub Action to help with manifest (west.yml) updates.
The Action runs on every Pull Request and automatically detects any changes made to west.yml, adding labels accordingly and displaying a summary in table form:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30297#issuecomment-734987280

What this means for you if you are a module maintainer or submit updates to module repositories:

- You do not need to manually "link" the PR to the module and the PR to the main tree anymore, this will be done by the GitHub action
- You do not need to set or remove a "DNM" label anymore, this will be done by the action
- You can check if the new revision matches the tip of a branch by checking the comment posted by the action
- Everything else needs to be done just like before, the action will not create Pull Requests for you (yet)

If you are interested in running this action in your own downstream or west-based repository, you can find the relevant info here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/.github/workflows/manifest.yml
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/action-manifest

Thanks,

Carles


What is expected behavior of watchdog with WDT_FLAG_RESET_SOC?

Katsuhiro Suzuki
 

Hello All,

I'm implementing Watchdog driver for HiFive1 Rev.b.
This watchdog can reset SoC immediately when counter is reaching
timeout. It's suitable feature of WDT_FLAG_RESET_SOC.

But tests/drivers/watchdog/wdt_basic_api/ expected to be calling
back the function 'wdt_int_cb0' even if with WDT_FLAG_RESET_SOC.
I think we cannot do that because SoC reset from watchdog is
immediate and not raise interrupt.

Do other boards pass this watchdog test? If so, I have to add
emulated SoC reset codes in interrupt handler of watchdog.

Best Regards,
Katsuhiro Suzuki


Re: building my first project --- can't compile (no _exit)

Alexander Wachter <alexander.wachter@...>
 

Hi Marty,

There is a problem with CMake 3.19 and Zephyr. Downgrade CMake and try again.
The related issue is tracked here:


Cheers,
Alex

Am 27.11.2020 um 23:03 schrieb marty leisner <maleisner@...>:


I started with zephyr off the instructions at:


I'm using ubuntu 18.04.

Executing:
west -v build -p auto -b sam_v71b_xult samples/hello_world

compiling empty files can't find _exit -- here's the CMakeError.log.

I followed the instructions twice (removed the first install)

marty


<CMakeError.log>


building my first project --- can't compile (no _exit)

marty leisner
 

I started with zephyr off the instructions at:


I'm using ubuntu 18.04.

Executing:
west -v build -p auto -b sam_v71b_xult samples/hello_world

compiling empty files can't find _exit -- here's the CMakeError.log.

I followed the instructions twice (removed the first install)

marty



Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, 24 November 2020 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 24 November 2020
5:00pm to 6:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: Zephyr SDK 0.12.0-beta-2 available for testing

Katsuhiro Suzuki
 

Hello,

Thanks for great works! I'm trying:
zephyr-toolchain-riscv64-0.12.0-beta-2-x86_64-linux-setup.run

Currently, it works fine for me.

Best Regards,
Katsuhiro Suzuki

On 2020/11/20 2:02, Kumar Gala wrote:
Hi,
Latest version of the SDK can be found here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.12.0-beta-2
Please download and try things out and report any issues. Please report issues here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/issues
Known issues (these are on the Zephyr side):
* some xtensa platforms may need updating w/regards to Zephyr & Xtensa HAL
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23142 ]
* known issue with arm64 and linking C++ & newlib:
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/28650 ]
Changes since the last release (beta-1):
• Enable multilibs for SPARC LEON
• DWARF binutils bug fix
• Update to openocd 20201109 snapshot
Current plan is to release SDK 0.12.0 towards the end of November.
- k


Zephyr SDK 0.12.0-beta-2 available for testing

Kumar Gala
 

Hi,

Latest version of the SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.12.0-beta-2

Please download and try things out and report any issues. Please report issues here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/issues

Known issues (these are on the Zephyr side):

* some xtensa platforms may need updating w/regards to Zephyr & Xtensa HAL
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23142 ]

* known issue with arm64 and linking C++ & newlib:
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/28650 ]

Changes since the last release (beta-1):

• Enable multilibs for SPARC LEON
• DWARF binutils bug fix
• Update to openocd 20201109 snapshot


Current plan is to release SDK 0.12.0 towards the end of November.

- k


Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 11/19/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 19 November 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Nov 19

Kumar Gala
 

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* scripts: menuconfig: revoke official Windows support
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/29770

gen_defines: add _RAWSTRING suffix for non-quoted string:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/29282


* Any PR/issues w/dev-review tag

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/labels/dev-review

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k


API meeting cancelled today

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

Due to a conflict I have had to cancel the API meeting today.
Next week we will have the meeting as usual.

Regards,

Carles


Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, 17 November 2020 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 17 November 2020
5:00pm to 6:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 11/16/2020 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
Monday, 16 November 2020
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Mon, 11/16/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When: Monday, 16 November 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: Maureen Helm

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 16 November 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten
 

Call for today’s Toolchain WG.

 

Agenda

 

  • Updates:
    • Thomas: IAR: Updates ?
    • Zephyr SDK.
      • LLVM support
        • compiler-rt.
    • LLVM toolchain – arm updates
    • Milestones for 2.5, news.

 

 

Feel free to send a mail, if you would like additional topics to be discussed.

 

Best regards

 

Torsten T. Rasmussen           

 

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)

Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

 

           

 


Re: RISC-V maintainers and collaborators

Katsuhiro Suzuki
 

Hello Maureen-san,

Sorry for late, I created PR 30033 that just adds
myself to collaborators.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/30033

Best Regards,
Katsuhiro Suzuki

On 2020/11/12 5:28, Maureen Helm (OSS) wrote:
Hi Suzuki-san,
Yes, please create a pull request. MAINTAINERS.yml is at the top of the main zephyr tree.
Maureen
-----Original Message-----
From: devel@lists.zephyrproject.org <devel@lists.zephyrproject.org> On Behalf Of Katsuhiro Suzuki via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 9:41 AM
To: Maureen Helm (OSS) <maureen.helm@oss.nxp.com>; devel@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] RISC-V maintainers and collaborators
Hello Maureen,
I want to join as collaborators.
Would you tell me how to add? By pull request?
Best Regards,
Katsuhiro Suzuki
On 2020/11/10 5:52, Maureen Helm wrote:
Hi everyone,
We are looking for collaborators and maintainers to help maintain the RISC-V architecture in Zephyr, and have several major RISC-V pull requests (SMP and memory protection) in acute need of code review. If you are interested in taking on one of these important roles and helping to advance RISC-V support in Zephyr, I encourage you to review the TSC Project Roles [1], start reviewing RISC-V pull requests [2], and consider adding yourself as a collaborator in MAINTAINERS.yml. Active collaborators are encouraged to become maintainers with TSC approval.

[1] https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/project_roles.html
[2] https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22area%3A+RISCv32%2F64%22

Maureen







new facility for formatted output

Peter A. Bigot
 

With the merge of https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/29876 Zephyr printk, shell_printf, minimal libc sprintf, and some other in-tree facilities use a common formatting functionality that supports almost everything in C18 *printf, with Kconfig options to reduce the code size impact based on controlling feature availability.

That PR added a C99 stdio value formatter capability named cbprintf() (plus related variants) where generated text is emitted through a callback. This allows generation of arbitrarily long output without a buffer, functionality that is core to printk, logging, and other system and application needs.

The formater supports most C99 specifications, excluding:
  • %L[aefg] long double conversion
  • wide character output
The new solution is derived from z_prf(), which had the most complete functionality available. Format parsing has been reimplemented, while floating point conversion has been retained and enhanced.

Kconfig options allow disabling features like floating-point conversion if they are not necessary.

Benefits include:
No more inconsistencies between printk, logging, and shell formatting capabilities.
  • Reduced inconsistencies due to toolchain libc capabilities.
  • Simplified (toolchain-independent) formatting feature selection via Kconfig.
  • Core infrastructure can avoid duplication with libc printf by using cbprintf variants.
  • Potentially a path to resolving #18351 and related issues, as the infrastructure can tell a caller the total size of arguments to the conversion string.
  • Fixed bugs with several specifications.
Costs include:
  • Applications that used only printk with no extra features consume more code space than the previous implementation.
More information is available at: https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/misc/formatted_output.html

You may see either an increase or a decrease in code size depending on what your application uses.  Some code size can be reduced by switching in-tree use of snprintf to snprintfcb to avoid pulling in libc formatters.

I expect there'll be a burn-in period while we identify Kconfig settings that have to change to maintain compatibility.  Please mention me (@pabigot) in any issues or slack questions that you have about this.

Peter

441 - 460 of 7903