Date

Re: How can west commands be executed when doing ‘west update’?

Bolivar, Marti

Hello,

I believe the west issue covering this feature request is:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/west/issues/320

Please take a look and feel free to comment!

"Li, Jun R via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org"
<jun.r.li=intel.com@...> writes:

Hey,

I would like to copy some environment setting scripts to the top directory of my project by using west commands when the command “west update” runs. So far, I can run “west <my_cmd>“ to do that but I hope to let it run automatically while west updating repos.

Thank you!

Jun

How can west commands be executed when doing ‘west update’?

Li, Jun R

Hey,

I would like to copy some environment setting scripts to the top directory of my project by using west commands when the command “west update” runs. So far, I can run “west <my_cmd>“ to do that but I hope to let it run automatically while west updating repos.

Thank you!

Jun

Does Nordic’s SPI driver support easyDMA?

Li, Jun R

Hey,

Anyone has experience on enabling easyDMA for nRF52’s SPI master?

Thank you!

Jun

API meeting: cancelled today

Due to several contributors being unavailable today and myself having an additional commitment I have decided to cancel this week's API meeting.
Next week the meeting will take place as usual.

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, 25 February 2020 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Tuesday, 25 February 2020
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878#
Or Telephone:
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878

How do I get to know about plans on on-going or future features?

Alexander Syvak

Hi!

I am new to Zephyr projet, and I'd like to contribute.

There are many features had been implemented by the moment.
There are features are being implemented at the moment.
Finally, there are features to be implemented.

How do I know about the last two groups of features? About plans on them?

Where do I start?

Regards,
Alex.

Re: How to use DTLS with offloaded socket if the underlying modem does not support DTLS

William Fish

A quick internet search brought up a manual which gave a basic DLTS example:
https://www.quectel.com/UploadImage/Downlad/Quectel_BC95-G&BC68_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.1.pdf

BC95-G&BC68_AT_Commands_Manual -- Pg 122

Register to Huawei’s IoT Platform with DTLS

AT+CGATT? //Query the PS service attach status.
+CGATT:1 //Attached to the PS service.
OK

AT+NCDP= 180.101.147.115,5684 //Set IoT platform IP address and port. The port is 5684.
OK

AT+QSECSWT=1 //Encryption using standard DTLS.
OK

AT+QSETPSK=201703230000024,0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF
OK //Set PSK ID and PSK.

AT+QREGSWT? //Query the registration mode.
+QREGSWT:0 //Manual registration mode.
OK

AT+QLWSREGIND=0 //Start to register to the IoT platform.
OK

+QLWEVTIND:0 //Successful registration indication.

Re: How to use DTLS with offloaded socket if the underlying modem does not support DTLS

William Fish

Holger,
Great if you have created a driver...you may want to create a PR so that it gets reviewed by the Dev community The man that should be able to help is Mike Scott.

Billy..

How to use DTLS with offloaded socket if the underlying modem does not support DTLS

Holger Gräf

Dear all,

I have adapted the Sara R4 modem driver (zephyr/drivers/modem/ublox-sara-r4.c) in Zephyr in order to control a Quectel BC68 NB-IoT modem. The aim is to use this with Zephyr's LwM2M engine. Without DTLS everything works fine.

Now I want to add DTLS encryption to my setup, but I have not managed to figure out how to implement this with the socket offload API used by the modem driver (note that the Quectel modem I use does not itself support DTLS sockets).

Is there any easy way to implement this?

Thanks and all the best,

Holger

Re: Zephyr ble nrf52840 how to enable indications

Lawrence King

Hi Teijo

I’m not sure if this code fragment solves your problem

        /** @brief LE connection parameter update request.

         *

         *  This callback notifies the application that a remote device

         *  is requesting to update the connection parameters. The

         *  application accepts the parameters by returning true, or

         *  rejects them by returning false. Before accepting, the

         *  application may also adjust the parameters to better suit

         *  its needs.

         *

         *  It is recommended for an application to have just one of these

         *  callbacks for simplicity. However, if an application registers

         *  multiple it needs to manage the potentially different

         *  requirements for each callback. Each callback gets the

         *  parameters as returned by previous callbacks, i.e. they are not

         *  necessarily the same ones as the remote originally sent.

         *

         *  @param conn Connection object.

         *  @param param Proposed connection parameters.

         *

         *  @return true to accept the parameters, or false to reject them.

         */

static bool le_param_req(struct bt_conn *conn, struct bt_le_conn_param *param)

{

        time_stamp_print();

        printf("le_param_req() - interval_min=%d, interval_max=%d, latency=%d, timeout=%d\n", param->interval_min, param->interval_min, param->latency, param->timeout);

        return(true);

}

        /** @brief The parameters for an LE connection have been updated.

         *

         *  This callback notifies the application that the connection

         *  parameters for an LE connection have been updated.

         *

         *  @param conn Connection object.

         *  @param interval Connection interval.

         *  @param latency Connection latency.

         *  @param timeout Connection supervision timeout.

         */

static void le_param_updated(struct bt_conn *conn, u16_t interval, u16_t latency, u16_t timeout)

{

        time_stamp_print();

        printf("le_param_updated() - interval=%d, latency=%d, timeout=%d", interval, latency, timeout);

        if (interval==6) {

                // the Android Pixel3 requests this first

                printf("\n");

                return;

        }

        if (interval==39) {

                // the Samsung J7 requests this

                return;

        }

        if (interval==36) {

                // the iPad and the Pixel3 requests this

                printf("\n");

                return;

        }

        printf(" - UNKNOWN interval=%d\n",interval);

}

#if defined(CONFIG_BT_SMP)

        /** @brief Remote Identity Address has been resolved.

         *

         *  This callback notifies the application that a remote

         *  Identity Address has been resolved

         *

         *  @param conn Connection object.

         *  @param rpa Resolvable Private Address.

         *  @param identity Identity Address.

         */

static void identity_resolved(struct bt_conn *conn,

                                  const bt_addr_le_t *rpa,

                                  const bt_addr_le_t *identity)

{

        time_stamp_print();

        printf("identity_resolved() - called\n");

}

#endif /* CONFIG_BT_SMP */

#if defined(CONFIG_BT_SMP) || defined(CONFIG_BT_BREDR)

        /** @brief The security level of a connection has changed.

         *

         *  This callback notifies the application that the security level

         *  of a connection has changed.

         *

         *  @param conn Connection object.

         *  @param level New security level of the connection.

         *  @param err Security error. Zero for success, non-zero otherwise.

         */

static void security_changed(struct bt_conn *conn, bt_security_t level,

                                 enum bt_security_err err)

{

        time_stamp_print();

        printf("security_changed() - level=%d, err=%d\n", level, err);

        // if the iphone selects pair then level==2 otherwise level==1 and err==8

        if (level==2) {

#endif /* defined(CONFIG_BT_SMP) || defined(CONFIG_BT_BREDR) */

static struct bt_conn_cb conn_callbacks = {

        .connected = connected,

        .disconnected = disconnected,

        .le_param_req=le_param_req,

        .le_param_updated=le_param_updated,

#if defined(CONFIG_BT_SMP)

        .identity_resolved=identity_resolved,

#endif /* CONFIG_BT_SMP */

#if defined(CONFIG_BT_SMP) || defined(CONFIG_BT_BREDR)

        .security_changed=security_changed,

#endif /* defined(CONFIG_BT_SMP) || defined(CONFIG_BT_BREDR) */

};

main()

{

        rc = bt_enable(bt_ready);

        if (rc != 0) {

                printf("blue_init() - bt_enable() failed (err %d)\n", rc);

                return;

        }

        bt_conn_cb_register(&conn_callbacks);

}

At the time I wrote this code the examples in the zephyr never set the callbacks beyond .connected and .disconnected so it took me a while to figure out that there were more callbacks available from the bt stack.

Lawrence King

Principal Developer

+1(416)627-7302