Date

How to add username and password to MQTT_Publisher

Brenton Chetty <brent7984@...>

Hi, I am trying to get "mqtt_publisher" working with Eclipse Kapua using "qemu_x86".
I managed to get mqtt_publisher working with a simple mosquitto client, however I cannot connect to Kapua because I need to add a username and password.

How do I add username/password to the publisher?
I already tried directly inputting the values in "client_init" (client->password = "kapua-password";)
Using wireshark, it shows that the username and password flag has not been set.

With thanks
Brenton

Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 06/07/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
06/07/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#

Zephyr 2.6.0 released, merge window is now open.

We are pleased to announce the release of Zephyr RTOS version 2.6.0!

Major enhancements with this release include:

Major enhancements with this release include:
* Logging subsystem overhauled
* Added support for 64-bit ARCv3
* Split ARM32 and ARM64, ARM64 is now a top-level architecture
* Added initial support for Arm v8.1-m and Cortex-M55
* Removed legacy TCP stack support which was deprecated in 2.4
* Tracing subsystem overhaul including expansion for tracing points and added support
for Percepio Tracealyzer
* Device runtime power management (PM), former IDLE runtime, was completely overhauled.
* Added an example standalone Zephyr application in its own Git repository:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/example-application

The detailed release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/releases/tag/zephyr-v2.6.0

The next release, v2.7.0, is scheduled for October 15th, 2021. We’ll select a release manager in the next few days. The merge window is now open!

Please remember for older PRs a rebase might be good to double check any new CI issues!!!

Thank you to everyone that contributed features, documentation, testing, infrastructure, and bug fixes!

- Kumar

Re: Configuring Incomplete

It looks like you are missing the Devicetree compiler (dtc.exe). Make sure you install it via chocolatey or otherwise.

Carles

Thursday, June 3, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Configuring Incomplete

Josh Myatt <jmyatt@...>

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Zephyr for a Nordic nRF52833. However, when I attempt to build blinky for the board, I am met with a "Configuring Incomplete, errors occurred!" message. Looking further into the message, it says that "CMake Error at C:/Users/<myUsername>/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/dts.cmake:157 (message): command failed with return code: The system cannot find the file specified"

I'm not sure how to fix this error. I have already deleted and reinstalled everything once. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Zephyr 2.6.0-rc3 tagged

The third release candidate for Zephyr v2.6.0 has been tagged (v2.6.0-rc3).

The merge window for features and enhancements remains closed until v2.6.0 is released. The next release milestone is code freeze. The final release remains scheduled for 4 Jun.

The focus now should be shifted to testing and documentation of the release. If you are a maintainer, please provide release notes for the areas you are responsible for and any other contributions you might have submitted since the last release. Everyone is encouraged to contribute to the release notes. The draft release notes file can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/main/doc/releases/release-notes-2.6.rst

Additional features or enhancements for the v2.6.0 release require approval by the TSC.

Current bug counts are:

High: 0 (Target: 0)
Medium: 11 (Target: 20)
Low: 78 (Target: 50)

More information about bugs counts and real-time tracking of bug counts can be found here: https://testing.zephyrproject.org/issues/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/index.html

Testing Zephyr main branch during the stabilization period is also requested; please test the code base and file bug reports so they can be addressed before the release deadline.

All changes since 2.6.0-rc2 can be found here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/releases/tag/v2.6.0-rc3

More details about Zephyr releases can found on the pages below:
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/development_process/release_process.html

You may continue to send Pull Requests for new features in order to gather feedback early or collaborate with others, but the release team would like to encourage everyone to focus on bugfixes and documentation improvements to the largest extent possible, so that we can release v2.6.0 on time and in the best shape possible. If you have a feature or enhancement you would like to submit to the TSC, please tag the Pull Request with the "TSC" label, make sure it is approved and passing CI, and attend the next TSC meeting.

Thanks,
Kumar

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, June 10, 2021 #cal-cancelled

Thursday, June 10, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tuesday, June 8, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: APIs

Tuesday, June 8, 2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Re: Things to do when submitting a PR

Nicolas Pitre

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021, Nashif, Anas wrote:

2. Run compliance tests locally and fix any issues before submitting a PR
* # ./scripts/ci/check_compliance.py -c upstream/main..
Could such somewhat criptic commands be grouped into an easy to run and
remember ./scripts/pre-submit-validation script? Something that needs no
arguments and does the right thing out of the box.

Nicolas

Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 06/01/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
06/01/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

Re: Things to do when submitting a PR

Glaropoulos, Ioannis

Thanks! Could this be (if not already) part of a “best-practices” section in our Contribution guidelines?

/Ioannis

Tuesday, June 1, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: tsc@...

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

[...]

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi

Re: [Zephyr-users] Network forum agenda

Jukka Rissanen

Hi,

Sorry for late reply, but I am cancelling this telco today as there is
nothing in agenda.

Cheers,
Jukka

On Mon, 2021-05-31 at 13:25 +0300, Jukka Rissanen wrote:
Hi all,

There is a network forum meeting tomorrow Tue 1 June at 8AM PST /
17.00
CEST.

Currently the agenda is empty, so if there is anything network
related
topics you want to discuss, please let me know, otherwise I will
cancel
the meeting.

Live Agenda/Minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qFsOpvbyLzhflJbbv4Vl__497pKHDoUCy9hjAveyCX0/edit?usp=sharing

Shared Folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j6d0FLeOjiMil1Ellb59AsfHdzuWdAAc?usp=sharing

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting (
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d
)
+1 321-558-6518 ( tel:+1 321-558-6518,,458216365# ) United States,
Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 458 216 365#
Local numbers (
https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/325d775d-c910-441e-90d0-353ebaa56cdd?id=458216365
) | Reset PIN ( https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing ) |
Learn
more about Teams ( https://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting ) | Meeting
options
(
https://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8&tenantId=af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2&threadId=19_meeting_NDU5ODRkNzktZDBmNC00MDg5LWI2OWEtNzM0MGZjMDU0Yjgw@thread.v2&messageId=0&language=en-US
)

Cheers,
Jukka

IPSP Zephyr sample

Maxim Uvarov

Hello,

Has somebody tested an IPSP sample recently? I'm trying to run it on a
Nuclea board (stm32wb55rg) and see issues with setting up an ipv6
(6lowpan) connection with the host. Stm32wb55rg MAC address is
discoverable with bluetoothcrl scan from the host. But no ip
connection and no bt0 creation on the host. Enabling debug and shell
says that bt interface is down on the Zephyr side, Zephyr waits until
it's up to set up the ip address.

I do not have any other board with BLE. It will be good to configrm is
example itself is not broken.

uart:~$ *** Booting Zephyr OS build v2.6.0-rc1-250-g5738114df26e ***
[00:00:00.223,000] <inf> bt_hci_core: Identity: 80:E1:26:1B:95:81 (public)
[00:00:00.224,000] <inf> bt_hci_core: HCI: version 5.0 (0x09) revision
0x0026, manufacturer 0x0030
[00:00:00.224,000] <inf> bt_hci_core: LMP: version 5.0 (0x09) subver 0x2126
[00:00:00.225,000] <inf> net_config: Initializing network
[00:00:00.225,000] <inf> net_config: Waiting interface 1 (0x200012b0)
to be up...
uart:~$ bt info
Not connected
uart:~$ bt scan on
Bluetooth active scan enabled
uart:~$ bt info
Not connected
uart:~$ bt init
Bluetooth init failed (err -120)
[00:01:33.228,000] <err> net_config: Timeout while waiting network interface
[00:01:33.228,000] <err> net_config: Network initialization failed (-115)
[00:01:33.228,000] <inf> ipsp: Run IPSP sample
[00:01:33.229,000] <wrn> net_if: iface 0x200012b0 is down
[00:01:33.229,000] <err> net_if: Cannot join all nodes address ff02::1 (-1)
[00:01:33.229,000] <wrn> net_if: iface 0x200012b0 is down
[00:01:33.229,000] <err> net_if: Cannot join solicit node address
ff02::1:ff00:1 (-1)
[00:01:33.230,000] <inf> ipsp: Starting to wait

Thank you,
Maxim.

Happening Now: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 05/31/2021 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
05/31/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 05/31/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group