Date   

Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - 06/15/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When:
06/15/2021
4:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

Meeting decisions/discussions in their respective PRs, tracked here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18


________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Re: [DEV REVIEW] Topic - Flash Map API

Bolivar, Marti
 

I'll be there.

Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@linaro.org> writes:

All,

I was hoping to confirm that you’d be able to join this week’s Dev-review meeting as one of the Agenda topic items will be the Flash Map API:

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fissues%2F34706&;data=04%7C01%7CMarti.Bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7C3222a72b2481490e6ac108d92f6cac2d%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637592966065271826%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=wcsrz3CHdJlVCs%2FPS1vwBqHiIm3Usn3ow4kgrQpsCZs%3D&amp;reserved=0

RFC: Flash area changes:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F34530&;data=04%7C01%7CMarti.Bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7C3222a72b2481490e6ac108d92f6cac2d%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637592966065281789%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=TU%2BL1LE872WsVa5HZh0w3svP6e9CJ4EiomfO%2FJ4Qnlg%3D&amp;reserved=0

storage: flash partition API:
- https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fzephyrproject-rtos%2Fzephyr%2Fpull%2F34494&;data=04%7C01%7CMarti.Bolivar%40nordicsemi.no%7C3222a72b2481490e6ac108d92f6cac2d%7C28e5afa2bf6f419a8cf6b31c6e9e5e8d%7C0%7C0%7C637592966065281789%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=ohXCWJIMlDWrh8cyrqTDRvlGxvP9dwe63fX1vFRhfwg%3D&amp;reserved=0

I vaguely remember that part of the discussion focused on the implications for MCUboot and how we might cleanup the interface there.

- k


API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 


[DEV REVIEW] Topic - Flash Map API

Kumar Gala
 

All,

I was hoping to confirm that you’d be able to join this week’s Dev-review meeting as one of the Agenda topic items will be the Flash Map API:

RFC: API Change: Flash map:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/34706

RFC: Flash area changes:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/34530

storage: flash partition API:
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/34494

I vaguely remember that part of the discussion focused on the implications for MCUboot and how we might cleanup the interface there.

- k


Happening Now: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 06/14/2021 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
06/14/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 


Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - 06/14/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
06/14/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Torsten Rasmussen

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 


how to support new touch screen sensor with integration to LVGL

Matias N.
 

Hi,
I'm considering adding support for a touchscreen sensor (CST816, used in PineTime) and I would like
to use LVGL as well. Right now LVGL expects touchscreen sensor to be exposed via KSCAN API,
however this impedes supporting the touchpad's gesture detection. I found some old messages
in the list proposing a touch API but it was then recommended to use the sensor API. This is indeed
possible but it would require extending LVGL integration layer (besides adding some standard
channel types for gestures and taps, etc).

What is preferable at this point?

Best,
Matias


Making devicetree.h a stable API

Bolivar, Marti
 

Pull request 36182 has been submitted marking devicetree.h stable:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/36182

This email is a notification about that as required by the API
stabilization process which is documented here:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/api/api_lifecycle.html#stable

Any feedback should be submitted to the PR.

Thanks,
Martí


Which IDE use for hifive1_revb+zephyr

jesse stone <fatalfeel@...>
 

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/riscv/hifive1_revb/doc/index.html

I want to use zephyr on hifive1_revb

Which Ide is recommend?



stm32: PWM: Default all "st,prescaler" pwm property to 0

Erwan Gouriou
 

Hi all,

I'd like to inform STM32 PWM users that I'm pushing a change [1] to harmonize the default value of property "st,prescaler" to 0 for all pwm nodes on all (STM32) SoCs.

Benefit is to solve the current situation where default value is 0 or 10000 depending on the node and ease boards porting and application development.

This change will be hopefully integrated in the next Zephyr DV that will be released in October.

If you're relying on current '10000' default value, one way to avoid any surprise in a future rebase is to take it into account already today and overwriting your pwm nodes in board description or overlays with value 10000:

&timers1 {
status = "okay";

pwm1: pwm {
status = "okay";
st,prescaler = <10000>;
pinctrl-0 = <&tim1_ch1_pwm_pa8>;
};
};


Cheers
Erwan



Re: How to add username and password to MQTT_Publisher

Lubos, Robert
 

Hi Brenton,

 

Generally your approach is correct to set the username/password in the `client_init()` function of the sample, but please note that these fields are not plain C strings but rather `struct mqtt_utf8` pointers. So for instance for username you should create username struct (note the `size` parameter does count the NULL terminator) :

static struct mqtt_utf8 username = {

     .utf8 = "kapua-password",

     .size = sizeof("kapua-password") - 1

};

 

And then use it in the `client_init()`:

client->user_name = &username;

 

The same applies to the password field.

 

Regards,

Robert

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Brenton Chetty via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: wtorek, 8 czerwca 2021 20:40
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] How to add username and password to MQTT_Publisher

 

Hi, I am trying to get "mqtt_publisher" working with Eclipse Kapua using "qemu_x86".

I managed to get mqtt_publisher working with a simple mosquitto client, however I cannot connect to Kapua because I need to add a username and password.

 

How do I add username/password to the publisher?

I already tried directly inputting the values in "client_init" (client->password = "kapua-password";)

Using wireshark, it shows that the username and password flag has not been set.

 

With thanks

Brenton


How to add username and password to MQTT_Publisher

Brenton Chetty <brent7984@...>
 

Hi, I am trying to get "mqtt_publisher" working with Eclipse Kapua using "qemu_x86".
I managed to get mqtt_publisher working with a simple mosquitto client, however I cannot connect to Kapua because I need to add a username and password.

How do I add username/password to the publisher?
I already tried directly inputting the values in "client_init" (client->password = "kapua-password";)
Using wireshark, it shows that the username and password flag has not been set.

With thanks
Brenton


Event: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion - 06/07/2021 #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Memory Footprint - biweekly discussion

When:
06/07/2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:
Working doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bnQLJKVhgI3zkk3MsSXun8onEsA8z1Rf5ohdbCHASmU/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

________________________________________________________________________________
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 321-558-6518,,546018126# United States, Orlando
Phone Conference ID: 546 018 126#
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Zephyr 2.6.0 released, merge window is now open.

Kumar Gala
 

Hi,

We are pleased to announce the release of Zephyr RTOS version 2.6.0!

Major enhancements with this release include:

Major enhancements with this release include:
* Logging subsystem overhauled
* Added support for 64-bit ARCv3
* Split ARM32 and ARM64, ARM64 is now a top-level architecture
* Added initial support for Arm v8.1-m and Cortex-M55
* Removed legacy TCP stack support which was deprecated in 2.4
* Tracing subsystem overhaul including expansion for tracing points and added support
for Percepio Tracealyzer
* Device runtime power management (PM), former IDLE runtime, was completely overhauled.
* Added an example standalone Zephyr application in its own Git repository:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/example-application

The detailed release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/releases/tag/zephyr-v2.6.0

The next release, v2.7.0, is scheduled for October 15th, 2021. We’ll select a release manager in the next few days. The merge window is now open!

Please remember for older PRs a rebase might be good to double check any new CI issues!!!

Thank you to everyone that contributed features, documentation, testing, infrastructure, and bug fixes!

- Kumar


Re: Configuring Incomplete

Carles Cufi
 

Hi there,

 

It looks like you are missing the Devicetree compiler (dtc.exe). Make sure you install it via chocolatey or otherwise.

 

Carles

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Josh Myatt via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 02 June 2021 21:42
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Configuring Incomplete

 

Hi,

 

I'm trying to set up Zephyr for a Nordic nRF52833. However, when I attempt to build blinky for the board, I am met with a "Configuring Incomplete, errors occurred!" message. Looking further into the message, it says that "CMake Error at C:/Users/<myUsername>/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/dts.cmake:157 (message): command failed with return code: The system cannot find the file specified"

 

I'm not sure how to fix this error. I have already deleted and reinstalled everything once. Any help would be appreciated.

 

Thanks 


Re: Things to do when submitting a PR

Yasushi SHOJI
 

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 9:48 PM Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif@intel.com> wrote:
Add reviewers if you can and know who will be able to review your code
Can a regular contributor do this? Using a mention?
I'd love to fix scripts/get_maintainer.py in order to find who to ask.

Set the labels if those are not automatically set by the bot.
If you don't have write permission, you can't add any label, right?
--
yashi


Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, June 3, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, June 3, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________


Configuring Incomplete

Josh Myatt <jmyatt@...>
 

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Zephyr for a Nordic nRF52833. However, when I attempt to build blinky for the board, I am met with a "Configuring Incomplete, errors occurred!" message. Looking further into the message, it says that "CMake Error at C:/Users/<myUsername>/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/dts.cmake:157 (message): command failed with return code: The system cannot find the file specified"

I'm not sure how to fix this error. I have already deleted and reinstalled everything once. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 


Zephyr 2.6.0-rc3 tagged

Kumar Gala
 

Hi,
The third release candidate for Zephyr v2.6.0 has been tagged (v2.6.0-rc3).

The merge window for features and enhancements remains closed until v2.6.0 is released. The next release milestone is code freeze. The final release remains scheduled for 4 Jun.

The focus now should be shifted to testing and documentation of the release. If you are a maintainer, please provide release notes for the areas you are responsible for and any other contributions you might have submitted since the last release. Everyone is encouraged to contribute to the release notes. The draft release notes file can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/main/doc/releases/release-notes-2.6.rst

Additional features or enhancements for the v2.6.0 release require approval by the TSC.

Current bug counts are:

High: 0 (Target: 0)
Medium: 11 (Target: 20)
Low: 78 (Target: 50)

More information about bugs counts and real-time tracking of bug counts can be found here: https://testing.zephyrproject.org/issues/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/index.html

Testing Zephyr main branch during the stabilization period is also requested; please test the code base and file bug reports so they can be addressed before the release deadline.

All changes since 2.6.0-rc2 can be found here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/releases/tag/v2.6.0-rc3

More details about Zephyr releases can found on the pages below:
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/development_process/release_process.html

You may continue to send Pull Requests for new features in order to gather feedback early or collaborate with others, but the release team would like to encourage everyone to focus on bugfixes and documentation improvements to the largest extent possible, so that we can release v2.6.0 on time and in the best shape possible. If you have a feature or enhancement you would like to submit to the TSC, please tag the Pull Request with the "TSC" label, make sure it is approved and passing CI, and attend the next TSC meeting.

Thanks,
Kumar


Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, June 10, 2021 #cal-cancelled

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, June 10, 2021
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: devel@...

Description:

________________________________________________________________________________
+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#
Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options
 
 
________________________________________________________________________________

121 - 140 of 7934