Date   
Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 04/16/2020 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 16 April 2020, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description: Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ankEMRagf

Zephyr Toolchain Working Group - Thu, 04/16/2020 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

When:
Thursday, 16 April 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/967549258

Description:
Zephyr Working Group is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

 

Topic:  Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

Time: Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

        Every 2 weeks on Thu, until Jul 23, 2020, 10 occurrence(s)

        Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 2, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 16, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 30, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 14, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 28, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 11, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 25, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 9, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 23, 2020 07:00 AM

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.

Weekly: https://zoom.us/meeting/tJIqcu2hrD4id0z59MlGQgtjfduqRH_iTA/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCuqT4uE9aQuF39e7cqA97lbN-1i3UesPYEsRPCMidHaAXyI_NwGo12JPmB

 

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/967549258

 

Meeting ID: 967 549 258

 

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,967549258# US (San Jose)

+16465588656,,967549258# US (New York)

 

Dial by your location

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

        855 880 1246 US Toll-free

        877 369 0926 US Toll-free

        +1 647 558 0588 Canada

        855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free

Meeting ID: 967 549 258

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abfRKTHWtN

 


Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

hcitool lescan stops scanning beacons #ble #hci #nrf52480 #uart

Mayank
 

Hi Community,

I have one custom board on which I'm having Nordic's nrf52840_pca10056 chip on which i have flashed zephyr's 'hci_uart' sample application for the beacon scanning purpose.
"hci_uart" app is build with hardware flow control enable (Tx, Rx, RTS, CTS).

I'm using below commands to create the hci interface.
1) btattach -B /dev/ttymxc0 -S 1000000
2) hciconfig hci0 up

root@board-imx6ull:~# hciconfig
hci0:   Type: Primary  Bus: UART
        BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00  ACL MTU: 27:7  SCO MTU: 0:0
        UP RUNNING
        RX bytes:504 acl:0 sco:0 events:38 errors:0
        TX bytes:278 acl:0 sco:0 commands:38 errors:0

--> Here, hci interface is now UP RUNNING you can see above.
Now, when i use "hcitool lescan --duplicates" command to scan the beacons, it starts scanning immediately but after 3-4 minutes it stops scanning, even though all the beacons in surrounding are still present and advertising.

Tried without '--duplicate' switch but same issue is there.

Q1: Is there any issue in zephyr's hci_uart application or what?
NOTE : My actual use case is to scan the BLE beacons continuously.

Thanks,
Mayank

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group - Thu, 04/16/2020 7:00am-8:00am #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

When: Thursday, 16 April 2020, 7:00am to 8:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/967549258

View Event

Organizer: Maureen Helm

Description: Zephyr Working Group is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

 

Topic:  Zephyr Toolchain Working Group

Time: Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

        Every 2 weeks on Thu, until Jul 23, 2020, 10 occurrence(s)

        Mar 19, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 2, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 16, 2020 07:00 AM

        Apr 30, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 14, 2020 07:00 AM

        May 28, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 11, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jun 25, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 9, 2020 07:00 AM

        Jul 23, 2020 07:00 AM

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.

Weekly: https://zoom.us/meeting/tJIqcu2hrD4id0z59MlGQgtjfduqRH_iTA/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCuqT4uE9aQuF39e7cqA97lbN-1i3UesPYEsRPCMidHaAXyI_NwGo12JPmB

 

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/967549258

 

Meeting ID: 967 549 258

 

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,967549258# US (San Jose)

+16465588656,,967549258# US (New York)

 

Dial by your location

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

        855 880 1246 US Toll-free

        877 369 0926 US Toll-free

        +1 647 558 0588 Canada

        855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free

Meeting ID: 967 549 258

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abfRKTHWtN

 


Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 16 April 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten
 

*******************************

 

NOTE: We will be using Webex for this meeting instead of zoom.  The link is here:

https://meetingsemea10.webex.com/meetingsemea10/j.php?MTID=m95936ee77c8c1c8043b15f9165f9cb47

 

*******************************

 

Hi,

 

For today’s meeting let’s follow up on last meeting action items and get a status update.

 

Where:
https://meetingsemea10.webex.com/meetingsemea10/j.php?MTID=m95936ee77c8c1c8043b15f9165f9cb47

 

 

 

Agenda

  • Updates:
    • Wayne: PR22668: News
    • Thomas: IAR: News
    • Torsten: Toolchain abstraction: Issue:#16031 News

 

  • AP: Last meeting:
    • Clean-up offset.h to make it easier to support more compilers
    • Exploration work on CI Toolchain test cases: Wayne
    • Everyone: Give feedback on PR#22688, and issue: #5517: Status ?
    • Toolchain abstraction: Issue:#16031, look at current work, and explore possibilities of improvements: Torsten.

 

  • Short term goals, way forward
    • Dedicated toolchain test cases.
      •  
    • Label PR for automatic execution of CI Toolchain test cases

 

          

 

Feel free to send a mail, if you would like additional topics to be discussed.

 

Best regards

 

Torsten T. Rasmussen           

 

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

 

 

Beacon scanning limitation using hci_uart #uart #ninja #ble #hci #nrf52480

Mayank
 

Hello All,

I have one question regarding the ability of zephyr's hci_uart sample app.
I am using this application on nrf52840_pca10056 for scanning the ble beacons.

Scenario is i can see "hci0" interface UP RUNNING. and my custom application starts scanning beacons continuously (Here I'm using bluez's api).
Here, as i am in continuous scanning/receiving mode, I can see that when I'm using "hciconfig" command to show hci interface, there Rx bytes keep on increasing.

$hciconfig
hci0:   Type: Primary  Bus: UART
        BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00  ACL MTU: 27:7  SCO MTU: 0:0
        UP RUNNING
        RX bytes:247820 acl:0 sco:0 events:1643 errors:0
        TX bytes:295 acl:0 sco:0 commands:40 errors:0

--> Now, After few times (5-10 minutes) Rx bytes count becomes so high and may be because of that the beacon scanning stops entirely.

Is there any limitation of beacon scanning? (I want more no of samples per second of ble beacon and thats why i'm using hci0 interface for continuous scanning).

NOTE: After scanning for every 10 seconds, I'm able to flush the UART buffer successfuly.

Thanks,
Mayank

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Apr 16

Kumar Gala
 

*******************************

NOTE: We will be using Webex for this meeting instead of zoom. The link is here:

https://meetingsamer4.webex.com/meetingsamer4/j.php?MTID=m43ef84def3356ff1725609f8000d3854

*******************************

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* Review PR’s tagged with dev-review:

* Zephyr sdk improvement [@tejlmand)
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/24143

* usb: USB Audio class implementation [@carles]:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/21526

* Zephyr Bluetooth Authentication - ZEBRA [@carles]
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/23465

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 04/14/2020 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 14 April 2020, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/177647878

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878# 
Or Telephone:
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): 
        US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=ioAR9GK1OE5LkN1ojt-heTCl7yPcJrhY


 Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit?usp=sharing

Re: API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Two additional items:

- DAC API proposal
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/21805

- Auth API location
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/23465

-----Original Message-----
From: devel@... <devel@...> On
Behalf Of Cufi, Carles via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 13 April 2020 19:33
To: users@...; devel@...
Cc: julien.dascenzio@...; jukka.rissanen@...;
@jhe; Andersson, Joakim
<Joakim.Andersson@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] API meeting: agenda

Hi all,

Tomorrow's topics:

- Proposal to unify the "forever" timeout constant across subsystems
that take milliseconds as an input parameter
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/24267

- RTC API proposal review after comments from the author
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23526/

Additional items in the "Triage" column in the GitHub project may be
discussed if time permits.
If you want an item included in the meeting, please add it to the GitHub
project.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-
Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi
 

Hi all,

Tomorrow's topics:

- Proposal to unify the "forever" timeout constant across subsystems that take milliseconds as an input parameter
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/24267

- RTC API proposal review after comments from the author
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23526/

Additional items in the "Triage" column in the GitHub project may be discussed if time permits.
If you want an item included in the meeting, please add it to the GitHub project.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/projects/18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit

Regards,

Carles

#nrf52840 #k_sleep #nrf52840 #k_sleep

Narendar Malepu
 

Iam working on custom application on zephyr(2.2.99), but my application is not working when using k_sleep() or k_msleep()
 
Can someone help me with above issue.
 
Thanks,
Narendhar

HWINFO API clarification

Steven Slupsky <sslupsky@...>
 

There were two recent issues (#23444, #24103) that identified a byte ordering issue with the hwinfo API.  A PR (#24203) has been submitted to clarify the hwinfo API identifier data structure.  This clarification has resulted in changes to the sam0 and nordic drivers.  Moreover, some components that depend on the hwinfo api may have implemented work arounds for this issue. Issue #24103 identified the USB identifier was affected and issue #23444 identified Bluetooth may be affected.

A summary of the commit is provided below.  Please note other drivers may be affected by this issue.
  
The identifier data structure for hwinfo drivers is clarified.  Drivers are responsible for ensuring that the identifier data structure is a sequence of bytes. The returned ID value is not supposed to be interpreted based on  vendor-specific assumptions of byte order and should express the identifier as a raw byte sequence.

The changes have an impact on users that use the hwinfo API to identify their devices.

The sam0 driver byte swaps each 32 bit word of the 128 bit identifier to big endian. The nordic driver byte swaps the entire 64 bit word to big endian.

How to contribute code to hal_nxp of zephyr

FrankLi
 

Hi,
    I found the following problem in hal nxp spi, and there is a corresponding solution, how should I submit these codes to hal_nxp, it seems that zephyr hal_nxp does not accpet the modiftion of the driver code.
Issue 1: LPSPI_MasterSetDelayTimes nt32_t realDelay is used, subsequent calculations may cause realDelay to overflow and produce incorrect delay data

Issue 2: LPSPI_MasterTransferComplete did not clear kLPSPI_TransferCompleteFlag, the other interrupts that followed may be treated as Transfer Complete, resulting in an abnormal reception status of zephyr spi

I am currently putting the modification method in the following PR, can someone please tell me the correct submission path. Thanks!
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/hal_nxp/pull/36

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 04/09/2020 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <devel@...>
 

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 9 April 2020, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: devel@...

Description: Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ankEMRagf

Re: How to add/request reviewers for a PR

Carles Cufi
 

Hi Mark,

 

I’ve added the right people to review the PR.

They will also send a separate PR to updated the CODEOWNERS file.

 

Regards,

 

Carles

 

From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Marc Reilly via lists.zephyrproject.org
Sent: 09 April 2020 03:32
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] How to add/request reviewers for a PR

 

Hi,

 

I have a PR which fixes some overrun issues with nrf52 UARTE, but no reviewers were automatically picked up. So, if anyone is interested/able in reviewing, please go ahead/

 

 

Cheers

Marc

How to add/request reviewers for a PR

Marc Reilly
 

Hi,

I have a PR which fixes some overrun issues with nrf52 UARTE, but no reviewers were automatically picked up. So, if anyone is interested/able in reviewing, please go ahead/


Cheers
Marc

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Apr 9

Kumar Gala
 

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* Review PR’s tagged with dev-review

* Use of DTS Alias v Chosen for device selection:

We have a number of DT_ defines like:
DT_ADC_{0..n}_NAME
DT_RTC_{0..n}_NAME
DT_ENTROPY_NAME
DT_I2C_{0..n}_NAME
DT_FLASH_DEV_NAME

Do we replace these with chosen properties:
zephyr,adc-{0..n}
zephyr,rtc-{0..n}
zephyr,entropy
zephyr,i2c-{0..n}
zephyr,display /* new */

* zephyr,flash meaning and usage / DT_FLASH_DEV_NAME and flash controller.
- look at deprecating zephyr,flash (which was mostly a means to get CONFIG_FLASH_BASE_ADDR/SIZE vals). Replace with zephyr,flash-ctrl which would get us DT_FLASH_DEV_NAME.

* DT SAM Atmel Pinmux / NXP pinmux
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/24164
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/20398/files

* Any topics anyone else has

- k

Zephyr networking testing in LAVA, was: Re: Network forum agenda

Paul Sokolovsky
 

Hello,

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 21:44:27 +0300
"Paul Sokolovsky via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<paul.sokolovsky=linaro.org@...> wrote:

[]

If there is time, I'd like to share some progress on setting up CI
for network testing with real hardware, on which I've been working
last time.
I appreciate being able to present my work quickly and the discussion
of testing matters which followed. As it was just a quick spoken
presentation, I'd like to share a few links showing more details, with
the idea to keep wider community in loop of testing efforts around
Zephyr.

So, in this work Linaro LITE team uses the LAVA system (Linaro
Automation and Validation Architecture), which is an open source
project at https://www.lavasoftware.org/ (we run a particular
deployment at https://lite.validation.linaro.org/).

How it works is that we build Zephyr tests/samples in Jenkins (using
the standard Zephyr "sanitycheck" tool), then submit binaries to LAVA,
accompanied by a "test job definition", which is a YAML file like
https://lite.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/960800/multinode_definition#defline1 .

The job is then being run, with log of interaction recorded and
analyzed for success/failure. In this case it's a networking test which
involves 2 "nodes": a DUT (device under test) per se (FRDM-K64F board):
https://lite.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/960800.0 and a docker
container representing "a host":
https://lite.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/960800.1#L56 . Here,
the actual test interaction happens on the host, which starts with
easy-pinging a device, then pings more with full Ethernet frames, then
does a "poorman's flood ping" of pinging 1000 times with full packets
and 10ms interval. All these actions are encoded in the YAML definition
and are easily reconfigurable.

LAVA checks that individual actions outcome satisfies success criteria
and records overall results, e.g.
https://lite.validation.linaro.org/results/960801/0_ping .

The biggest value of such a system would come from early notifications
of failures, and ability to compare results over time. The best ways to
achieve that is so far under investigation (the whole work is largely a
prototype at this stage).

As discussed yesterday, we all by now should be aware that "Zephyr
testing" bastion is being stormed by multiple stakeholders in different
ways, and I just wanted to share Linaro's approach and progress with
wider community. While the primary drivers for this works are
requirements of our members interested in Zephyr, who already adopted
the LAVA system, the work itself is open-source, results are public, and
hopefully useful for a wider Zephyr community. (And different teams
working on testing definitely should reuse results of each other's work,
and further the best practices for making Zephyr more testable and
quality-assured).


Thanks,
Paul

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro
http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg - http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog

Build failed for esp

Swapna Bulbule
 

Hello,

I am newbie in zephyr. I am trying to build hello_world application but straggling with it.

OS: Ubuntu 18.04,64bit (New Installed)
Zephyr Version: 2.2.99
Zephyr SDK Version: 0.11.2
xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc Version: 5.2.0 --build=x86_64-build_pc-linux-gnu

As per getting started guide for Zephyr and esp, I have set environment variable. 

export ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT="espressif"
export ESPRESSIF_TOOLCHAIN_PATH="/home/swapna/Documents/Workspace/esp/xtensa-esp32-elf"
export ZEPHYR_SDK_INSTALL_DIR="/home/swapna/Documents/Workspace/Zephyr_ESP/zephyr-sdk" 

While building hello_world application using west command:  $west build -b esp32 samples/hello_world

It's getting failed. Attaching output of above command in the file.

Re: #nrf52840 #gpio #nrf52840 #gpio

Christopher Friedt
 

Hi Narendar,

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 9:26 AM Narendar Malepu
<narendarm@...> wrote:
Previously worked on zephyr branch(2.1.0) but now i want to move to master branch(2.2.99).
When I trying to compile application getting below warning for all gpio functions
warning: 'gpio_pin_write' is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
I recently encountered the same issue. It was a relatively painless
fix (thanks btw to the Zephyr devs who made the transition so easy).

Write:
gpio_pin_write(dev, pin, val) => gpio_pin_set(dev, pin, val)

Read:
u32_t state;
gpio_pin_read(dev, pin, &state) => state = gpio_pin_get(dev, pin)

Configure:
gpio_pin_configure(dev, pin, GPIO_DIR_OUT) => gpio_pin_configure(dev,
pin, GPIO_OUTPUT)

Cheers,

C