Date
Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 07/02/2020 3:00pm-4:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 2 July 2020, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Jun 10

Erwan Gouriou

Thanks Marti for sharing!

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 at 22:40, Bolivar, Marti <marti.bolivar@...> wrote:
"Bolivar, Marti via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<marti.bolivar=nordicsemi.no@...> writes:

> It seems like TSC moved to a new Teams meeting; will this be moving,
> too?

The meeting has moved to a new Teams home and I've been told the wiki is
up to date, for anyone interested in attending:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-dev-meeting

Dev-Review Meeting Agenda Jul 2

Kumar Gala

Here’s the agenda topics for this week:

* initial steps towards devicetree-based device definitions and dependency representations [@pabigot]
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25996 ]

* stm32: devices signals configuration from dt pinctrl nodes [@erwango]
[ https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25996 ]

* Any PR/issues w/dev-review tag

* Any topics anyone else has.

- k

Re: Bluetooth mesh and Central role simultaneously #bluetoothmesh #bluetooth

Johan Hedberg

Hi Andreas,

On 1. Jul 2020, at 15.47, andreas.schmidt@... wrote:
I am aware of the reduced scanning time for the mesh. It’s just that in my scenario the mesh is running all day long, and occasionally some BLE smartphone touches the device and then I need that fast ad-hoc connection.

With saying “LPN nodes are an exception”: do you think that the targeted coexistence with BLE Central role could be possible with a LowPower node?

No, I don’t think that combination would make sense. One option I forgot to mention is the bt_mesh_suspend() & bt_mesh_resume() APIs. You could try suspending mesh operations (advertising & scanning) for the duration of performing what you need in central role, and then calling bt_mesh_resume() again. The effect will basically be the same as taking the mesh node out of range from the mesh network for that duration.

Johan

Re: Bluetooth mesh and Central role simultaneously #bluetoothmesh #bluetooth

Andreas

Hi Johan,

thank you very much for your help in that matter.

I am aware of the reduced scanning time for the mesh. It’s just that in my scenario the mesh is running all day long, and occasionally some BLE smartphone touches the device and then I need that fast ad-hoc connection.

With saying “LPN nodes are an exception”: do you think that the targeted coexistence with BLE Central role could be possible with a LowPower node?

I understand that we will not have a solution for my scenario short-term, so I might really have to think about using two controllers to get started.

Overall I am quite impressed about the status of the BLE implementations in Zephyr and am looking forward to the next steps.

Best wishes,

Andreas

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 06/30/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 30 June 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

API meeting agenda: 2020-06-30

Peter A. Bigot

Carles has asked me to stand in for him in coordinating this week's API telecon.

Topics include:

- Add i2c_async for asynchronous transfers
  - 23371 https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23371 - drivers: i2c: Add i2c_async for asynchronous transfers
  - Related PRs:
    - 22409 https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/22409 - device: device api extension proposal
    - 24781 https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/24781 - lib: queued_operation: add API for managing a queue of operations
    - 23075 https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23075 - Asynchronous sequence manager

- 26173 https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/26173 - "uart: add a new "line ctrl changed remotely"
- Status update on QSPI infrastructure
  - SFDP support: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25851
  - STM32 QSPI: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25806
  - NXP iMX QSPI: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/25669

Teams link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NWU2MjZlYWEtZDcwMi00MWQzLTgwMjEtNDdkYjQwMjBjMmFj%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22af0096d9-700c-411a-b795-b3dd7122bad2%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22841a7c92-7816-4faf-9887-5e334e88f6d8%22%7d

SDK 0.11.4 Release

Some minor fixes related to newlib and a packaging related fix for the individual arch toolchain packages (missing the cmake files)

The SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.11.4

Please download and try things out and report any issues.

- General:
* Fixed issue with cmake files not being installed in arch specific
toolchan packages

- newlib:
* Fix setting of -DMISSING_SYSCALL_NAMES consistent on all builds
* Set march=pentium for 32-bit x86 build

- k

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Thu, 06/25/2020 #cal-notice

devel@lists.zephyrproject.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When:
Thursday, 25 June 2020
2:00pm to 3:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Upcoming Event: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group - Thu, 06/25/2020 2:00pm-3:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr: Toolchain Working Group

When: Thursday, 25 June 2020, 2:00pm to 3:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

Organizer: Maureen Helm

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Zephyr Toolchain Working Group Meeting – 25 June 2020

Rasmussen, Torsten

Agenda

  • Updates:
  • Short term goals, way forward
    • Dedicated toolchain test cases.
    • Label PR for automatic execution of CI Toolchain test cases

Feel free to send a mail, if you would like additional topics to be discussed.

Best regards

Torsten T. Rasmussen

Live meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQKBK-GcJNZG0O9QArqYfvb6Huk5xHscN-XIGEZr-z8/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)

Conference ID: 682 738 030#

Re: Zephyr HCI Mesh Support

Johan Hedberg

Hi Vivek,

On 23. Jun 2020, at 20.32, Vivek Rajpara via lists.zephyrproject.org <vivek.rajpara=volansystech.com@...> wrote:
We are looking for the solution where we need to use Meshctl on Linux host and control the Zephyr based BT with it, can you please let us know if this support is enabled in Zephyr or not?
Looking forward to hearing from you as it is a crucial design factor for us.

Below is our setup
nrf52840(as BT HCI controller) + Arm processor with Linux (we are using bluez 5.50 meshctl tool)

I can see BT_HCI_MESH_EXT config, but it can't be enabled from menuconfig, I tried to enable it in project configuration but still, I can't send any command from meshctl to zephyr yet.
As far as I know, the BT_HCI_MESH_EXT option is for HCI vendor extensions which haven’t been implemented yet. However, BlueZ doesn’t require or even support them, so this should be a non-issue, meaning you should be able to use BlueZ (and its mesh stack) just fine with the Zephyr controller.

Johan

Re: Bluetooth mesh and Central role simultaneously #bluetoothmesh #bluetooth

Johan Hedberg

Hi Andreas,

On 11. Jun 2020, at 11.37, Andreas <andreas.schmidt@...> wrote:
So my question: is the scenario to run Bluetooth mesh and Central GAP role simultaneously supported by Bluetooth Low Energy standard?
If so, is such scenario also supported by the Zephyr Bluetooth stack?

There’s nothing in the standard that prohibits it, but it will reduce the efficiency of the mesh network. The mesh advertising bearer is designed in such a way that assumes the nodes to be scanning as close as possible to 100% duty cycle (LPN nodes are an exception). Any connections that you do will reduce the time the controller can spend scanning, and hence reduce the duty cycle.

Currently the Zephyr mesh stack is designed so that it assumes ownership of the advertising and scanning operations, which is why you’ll easily get conflicts and errors if you try to do those yourself. We do have plans to improve this co-existence with the help of multiple advertising instances, but we don’t yet have support for this in the native Zephyr controller (AFAIK). That still wouldn’t help with the central role though, and for that we have plans to introduce HCI-extensions so that the controller would be aware of Mesh-specific scanning and legacy scanning. However, I don’t think there’s any timeline or commitment to getting it done.

To implement what you need with the current stack, and without compromising the efficiency of the mesh network, I’d suggest to consider a HW setup where you have two controllers: one dedicated for mesh and another for the central role.

Johan

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, 25 June 2020 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 25 June 2020
3:00pm to 4:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 483 314 739#

coverarage

novello

sanitycheck --coverage -p native_posix -T tests/bluetooth
Doesen't work with this error.
why ?

Zephyr HCI Mesh Support

Vivek Rajpara <vivek.rajpara@...>

Hello,

We are looking for the solution where we need to use Meshctl on Linux host and control the Zephyr based BT with it, can you please let us know if this support is enabled in Zephyr or not?
Looking forward to hearing from you as it is a crucial design factor for us.

Below is our setup
nrf52840(as BT HCI controller)  + Arm processor with Linux (we are using bluez 5.50 meshctl tool)

I can see BT_HCI_MESH_EXT config, but it can't be enabled from menuconfig, I tried to enable it in project configuration but still, I can't send any command from meshctl to zephyr yet.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Vivek Rajpara
Volansys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
ISO 9001:2015 Certified
volansys technologies pvt. ltd.
www.volansys.com

This message contains confidential information and is for the intended recipients. If you are not intended recipients you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender or VOLANSYS (www.volansys.com) therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message.

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 06/23/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 23 June 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 321-558-6518 United States, Orlando (Toll)
Conference ID: 317 990 129#

API meeting: agenda

Carles Cufi

Re: stm32h7xx REQUIRES_FULL_LIBC

Jan Pohanka

Hello Andy,
Thank you for your investigation. In that case REQUIRES_FULL_LIBC
really does not make sense for STM32H7xx SOC. Actually I do not need
the RTC driver so good for me :)

best regards
Jan

čt 18. 6. 2020 v 14:50 odesílatel Andy Ross <andrew.j.ross@...> napsal:

That sounded curious, so I checked. It looks like the STM32 RTC driver you found is an old-style y/m/d/h/m/s device with separate fields, and the driver is using mktime() to convert those to a linear value for use by the rest of the system. Zephyr's minimal libc doesn't have mktime().

But mktime() is pretty small and simple on its own, even with leap day handling (if the device does that). Dealing with timezones gets crazy, but I don't see any zone management in the driver and am guessing the device doesn't bother to store one (i.e. the value isn't "real" anyway, it just presents a number relative to some consistent zero). It seems like it would be very feasible for someone to add that logic to the driver, or even contribute a generic GMT-based mktime() to Zephyr.

Andy

On 6/18/2020 5:14 AM, Jan Pohanka wrote:
Hello,

current implementation for stm32h7 soc has REQUIRES_FULL_LIBC enabled
in soc/arm/st_stm32/stm32h7/Kconfig.series. Can someone tell me a
reason for this? I have found that it is also in
drivers/counter/Kconfig.stm32_rtc so I expect that stm32 HAL (or LL)
for counter depends on full libc?

best regards
Jan

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 06/18/2020 3:00pm-4:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 18 June 2020, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC