Date

Calculating Log() in Zpehyr

William Fish

Help please,
Does Zephyr have a logarithm function?

Thanks;
Billy..

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 10/15/2019 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 15 October 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878#
Or Telephone:
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878

API meeting: agenda

This week we will look at:

- V4Z: Update on the state of the Pull Request, should we merge it?

- GPIO: Update on progress
- Look at the PRs with driver conversion (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18530)
- Check the timeline
- Any additional outstanding PRs to topic-gpio

Re: #nrf52 #custom_board #nrf52 #custom_board

leslieli@2ytech.cn

Hi ibraxim,

Try add below line in your prj.conf, it might solve your problem.

CONFIG_BOARD_ENABLE_DCDC=n

leslieli@...

From: ibraxim
Date: 2019-10-11 18:20
To: devel
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] #nrf52 #custom_board
Hello everyone,

I have a custom board based on the QIAA layout, when i try to flash the bluetooth beacon example from the zephyr samples directory, the board does not advertise at all(the board also doesn't work with other examples either). testing the same example on a similar board such as the nrf52840_pca10059 dongle, the application works perfectly.

please note that when using examples from the NRF5 SDK to flash this custom board, they work fine with no problem.

I'm flashing this board with the bootloader option set to n as it does not have one.

any help on how to progress from here is really appreciated

Re: #nrf52 #custom_board #nrf52 #custom_board

Tom Burdick

One other issue I just recalled was related to the console and not having a UART properly setup and pinned out, for my custom board I ended up using a USB console which worked out well.

Beyond that it would be hard to say without I think having my hands on the board.

Cheers,

Tom

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 6:19 AM <ibraxim@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have a custom board based on the QIAA layout, when i try to flash the bluetooth beacon example from the zephyr samples directory, the board does not advertise at all(the board also doesn't work with other examples either). testing the same example on a similar board such as the nrf52840_pca10059 dongle, the application works perfectly.

please note that when using examples from the NRF5 SDK to flash this custom board, they work fine with no problem.

I'm flashing this board with the bootloader option set to n as it does not have one.

any help on how to progress from here is really appreciated

Re: #nrf52 #custom_board #nrf52 #custom_board

Tom Burdick

Hi,

A few questions I think will help myself or others answer this easier...

I'm assuming you are able to flash the board

Are you using the same clock setup and crystal freqs as the dev board your basing this on?
Are you using the same dcdc regulator configuration?

Its been awhile since I brought up my own customer nrf52 board, but I recall having to tweak the DCDC option
SOC_DCDC_NRF52X for my first version of it since I ended up opting for external DCDC power management, and I recall
that leading to some issues.

Cheers

Tom

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 6:19 AM <ibraxim@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have a custom board based on the QIAA layout, when i try to flash the bluetooth beacon example from the zephyr samples directory, the board does not advertise at all(the board also doesn't work with other examples either). testing the same example on a similar board such as the nrf52840_pca10059 dongle, the application works perfectly.

please note that when using examples from the NRF5 SDK to flash this custom board, they work fine with no problem.

I'm flashing this board with the bootloader option set to n as it does not have one.

any help on how to progress from here is really appreciated

Re: Call for help: SAM0 GPIO driver

Peter A. Bigot

Assuming nobody more qualified speaks up I do have a D21 Xplained Pro and will give a shot at converting the driver this weekend.  People with D20 and R21 variant hardware would be helpful in testing it.

Peter

Call for help: SAM0 GPIO driver

As you all know we are currently transitioning to a new GPIO driver API.
With this transition comes the need to port all existing GPIO drivers to the new API, and work for this is currently ongoing.

We have, however, identified a driver that currently has no one assigned to for its port to the new API: SAM0.

We therefore ask for help to all users that either can do the porting work or can test the work on real hardware.
If we cannot find anyone soon we might be forced to drop support for this platform, since we cannot wok on a driver that we do not know well nor have hardware for.

Progress is documented in this issue:

Thanks in advance,

Carles

major sanitycheck changes merged

Nashif, Anas

A complete overhaul of the sanitycheck script and how we build and run
tests. This new version of sanitycheck uses python for job distribution and
drops use of Make.

In addition to the move to python threading library, the following has
been changed:

  • All handlers now run in parallel, meaning that any simulator will run
    in parallel and when testing on multiple devices (using
    --device-testing) the tests are run in parallel.
  • Lexical filtering (using the filter keyword in yaml files) is now
    evaluated at runtime and is no long being pre-processed. This will allow
    us to immediately start executing tests and skip the wait time that was
    needed for filtering.
  • Device testing now supports multiple devices connected at the same
    time and is managed using a hardware map that needs to be generated and
    maintained for every test environment. (using --generate-hardware-map
    option).
  • Reports are not long stored in the Zephyr tree and instead stored in
    the output directory where all build artefacts are generated.
  • Each tested target now has a junit report in the output directory.
  • Recording option for performance data and other metrics is now
    available. This will allow us to record the output from the console and
    store the data for later processing. For example benchmark data can be
    captured and uploaded to a tracking server.
  • Test configurations (or instances) are no longer being sorted, this
    will help with balancing the load when we run sanitycheck on multiple
    hosts (as we do in CI).

And many other cleanups and improvements...

Anas

#nrf52 #custom_board #nrf52 #custom_board

ibraxim@...

Hello everyone,

I have a custom board based on the QIAA layout, when i try to flash the bluetooth beacon example from the zephyr samples directory, the board does not advertise at all(the board also doesn't work with other examples either). testing the same example on a similar board such as the nrf52840_pca10059 dongle, the application works perfectly.

please note that when using examples from the NRF5 SDK to flash this custom board, they work fine with no problem.

I'm flashing this board with the bootloader option set to n as it does not have one.

any help on how to progress from here is really appreciated

Cancelled Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thursday, 10 October 2019 #cal-cancelled

Cancelled: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 10 October 2019
8:00am to 9:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/993312203

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203

Re: [EXT] [Zephyr-devel] from 1.14 to 2.0.99 zephyr/ext/hal folders

Andrei Gansari

Hello Alessandro,

nxp_hal was moved outside zephyr repo, you need to do “west update” to get the external repo.

Zephyr project will know how to link that repository.

If you have changes made there in your personal project, you can merge them to this new path:

zephyr/../modules/hal/nxp/

Regards,

Andrei Gansari

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 11:54:31 -0600
From: David Brown <david.brown@linaro.org>
To: dev-mcuboot@lists.runtime.co
Subject: Announcing: mcuboot release 1.4.0-rc1

I would like to announce the first release candidate for MCUboot
1.4.0-rc1.

https://github.com/JuulLabs-OSS/mcuboot/releases/tag/v1.4.0-rc1

## Version 1.4.0

The 1.4.0 release of MCUboot primarily adds support for multi-image
booting. With this release, MCUboot can manage two images that can be
updated independently. With this, it also supports additions to the
TLV that allow these dependencies to be specified.

Multi-image support adds backward-incompatible changes to the format
of the images: specifically adding support for protected TLV entries.
If multiple images and dependencies are not used, the images will be
compatible with previous releases of MCUboot.
It looks like this affects the image header, by replacing a padding
field in struct image_header with a new ih_protect_tlv_size field.

However, the ih_magic field value (0x96f3b83d) is still the same. If
this is meant to be incompatible, shouldn't that require a bump of the
magic number and therefore the MCUboot major version?

### About this release

- Fixed CVE-2019-5477. This fixes an issue with a dependency used in
the generation of the documentation on github.
- Numerous code cleanups and refactorings
- Documentation updates for multi-image features
- Update imgtool.py to support the new features

Contributors:

2 Andrzej Puzdrowski
1 Ben McCrea
1 Christian Skubich
24 David Brown
5 David Vincze
57 Fabio Utzig
3 Håkon Øye Amundsen
1 Marek Pieta
4 Marti Bolivar
1 Tamas Ban

----- End forwarded message -----

Re: Announcing: mcuboot release 1.4.0-rc1

Bolivar, Marti

"David Brown via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org"
<david.brown=linaro.org@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

Forwarding, as this is of interest to some Zephyr developers.
Replying with dev-mcuboot in CC. Thanks for this forward; I forgot to

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 11:54:31 -0600
From: David Brown <david.brown@linaro.org>
To: dev-mcuboot@lists.runtime.co

[...]

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 10/08/2019 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 8 October 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878#
Or Telephone:
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878

Re: Zephyr 1.14.1 tagged

Kinder, David B <david.b.kinder@...>

PR #19669 submitted yesterday.

-- david kinder

On Oct 8, 2019, at 8:17 AM, David Leach <david.leach@...> wrote:

It looks like we need a PR to master to change doc/config.py to reference 1.14.1