Date

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 06/27/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 27 June 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203

New sample for the microbit Line follower robot #samples #microbit #robot

Maksim Masalski <maxxliferobot@...>

Hello,
I made a new sample for the microbit board, which can be used to program a small robotic car to follow the line. What community thinks about my idea? Will it be useful for some of the developers?
By the way, I created a PR https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17125

Best regards, Maksim

Dev review meeting: Agenda

Kumar Gala

Re: removing HEX_FILES_TO_MERGE?

Benjamin Lindqvist

If the feature isn't horribly misimplemented, does what is expected of it and is expected to have very little maintenance costs, why drop it? I haven't used the feature, but I can definitely picture a situation where it might be useful.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 8:35 AM lairdjm <jamie.mccrae@...> wrote:
Hi Marti,
I haven't personally used this feature at time of writing but I can imagine it would be useful for merging in a bootloader, e.g. we have a design that has 3 components:
        1. Nordic MBR
        2. User application
        3. Bootloader
So may give it a try out in the future.

I imagine users of other devices have similar requirements e.g .with blobs for the ESP32. So I don't see why a working, cross platform feature like this should be removed so that 'users can come up with their own solution', if they want to do that then they can disable the feature and do as they wish already, leaving it in doesn't (as far as I know) cause any issues so why remove it?
Thanks,
Jamie

Re: removing HEX_FILES_TO_MERGE?

lairdjm

Hi Marti,
I haven't personally used this feature at time of writing but I can imagine it would be useful for merging in a bootloader, e.g. we have a design that has 3 components:
1. Nordic MBR
2. User application
3. Bootloader
So may give it a try out in the future.

I imagine users of other devices have similar requirements e.g .with blobs for the ESP32. So I don't see why a working, cross platform feature like this should be removed so that 'users can come up with their own solution', if they want to do that then they can disable the feature and do as they wish already, leaving it in doesn't (as far as I know) cause any issues so why remove it?
Thanks,
Jamie

removing HEX_FILES_TO_MERGE?

Bolivar, Marti

Hi,

Is anybody using the HEX_FILES_TO_MERGE build system property?

It was originally added by Nordic, but has since been removed from our
downstream Zephyr distribution, and I personally think it would make
sense to remove it from upstream as well for Zephyr 2.0 unless it's
proven useful to others.

There seems to be rough TSC consensus that upstream Zephyr should
avoid trying to half-solve the problem of "stitching" together blobs
into a final executable, in favor of letting users pick their own
solutions. This seems to fall into that category.

Any objections to removing this feature for Zephyr 2.0 (from actual
users)?

I thought I'd ping the list to check, especially since it's an
officially (if briefly) documented feature in the LTS release:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/1.14.0/application/index.html

Re: aws iot

Ryan Erickson

There is no need to port the AWS IOT SDK to Zephyr.  Zephyr has all the pieces you need.  I am successfully connecting to AWS with the MQTT publisher example along with the few modifications I mentioned previously.

Re: aws iot

Wang, Steven L

Hi guy:

    Basically, I think you need to port AWS IOT SDK to zephyr.

   https://docs.aws.amazon.com/iot/latest/developerguide/iot-sdks.html

-Steven

On 6/24/2019 8:46 PM, guy.benyehuda@... wrote:
looking for an example/insights with respect to working with aws iot and/or using x.509 certificate.
any information will be much appreciated.
thanks, guy

Re: Development in Zephyr

Wang, Steven L

Hi Muhammad:

   I ever played around Blue Mesh demo under /samples/boards/reel_board/mesh_badge. I'm not sure if it is what you refers in the email. Anyway, if you want to play around it, you need a reel board(https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/arm/reel_board/doc/index.html?highlight=reel%20board). Then, follow the steps below.

   mdkir build && cd build

   cmake -DBOARD=reel_board ..
   make
   make flash

-Steven

On 6/24/2019 3:22 PM, Muhammad Muh wrote:

Hi.....I found this email address from Zephyr Projects. Basically i am totally new in the area of development. I want to start development using Zephyr. I have already installed Zephyr by following the instruction given in the website. Also, ran the hello world program. Now i want to take help from you people as how i should go on and  develop the application like given in your Zephyr SAMPLES. I am confused from where i start my programming. For example talking of Bluetooth Mesh Sample. You have one sample program. First of all how can i see the output of Mesh Demo Program. Moreover, from where i start to add on features and run with some hardware board as given in the list on zephyr website. I will be thank full if i can get help to start my programming in Zephyr.

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 06/25/2019 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 25 June 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878#
Or Telephone:
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878

API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi

Agenda:

- Sensor API: Update on progress
- GPIO: Update on progress

Re: Development in Zephyr

Muhammad Muh <muhammad.muh83@...>

Mr. Aldrich thank you for your email. I am really thank full to you.

a) Regarding "Slack Channel" i did not know about this before. Now i will definitely join it.

b) In reference to "Bluetooth Section of the Documentation Guide" i did not go through all these links. I will follow these to get more know how. I will get back to you after studying these documents.

Thank you once again.

Regards

Muhammad