Date

Re: aws iot

Ryan Erickson

There is no need to port the AWS IOT SDK to Zephyr.  Zephyr has all the pieces you need.  I am successfully connecting to AWS with the MQTT publisher example along with the few modifications I mentioned previously.

Re: aws iot

Wang, Steven L

Hi guy:

    Basically, I think you need to port AWS IOT SDK to zephyr.

   https://docs.aws.amazon.com/iot/latest/developerguide/iot-sdks.html

-Steven

On 6/24/2019 8:46 PM, guy.benyehuda@... wrote:
looking for an example/insights with respect to working with aws iot and/or using x.509 certificate.
any information will be much appreciated.
thanks, guy

Re: Development in Zephyr

Wang, Steven L

Hi Muhammad:

   I ever played around Blue Mesh demo under /samples/boards/reel_board/mesh_badge. I'm not sure if it is what you refers in the email. Anyway, if you want to play around it, you need a reel board(https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/arm/reel_board/doc/index.html?highlight=reel%20board). Then, follow the steps below.

   mdkir build && cd build

   cmake -DBOARD=reel_board ..
   make
   make flash

-Steven

On 6/24/2019 3:22 PM, Muhammad Muh wrote:

Hi.....I found this email address from Zephyr Projects. Basically i am totally new in the area of development. I want to start development using Zephyr. I have already installed Zephyr by following the instruction given in the website. Also, ran the hello world program. Now i want to take help from you people as how i should go on and  develop the application like given in your Zephyr SAMPLES. I am confused from where i start my programming. For example talking of Bluetooth Mesh Sample. You have one sample program. First of all how can i see the output of Mesh Demo Program. Moreover, from where i start to add on features and run with some hardware board as given in the list on zephyr website. I will be thank full if i can get help to start my programming in Zephyr.

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 06/25/2019 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 25 June 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878#
Or Telephone:
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878

API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi

Agenda:

- Sensor API: Update on progress
- GPIO: Update on progress

Re: Development in Zephyr

Muhammad Muh <muhammad.muh83@...>

Mr. Aldrich thank you for your email. I am really thank full to you.

a) Regarding "Slack Channel" i did not know about this before. Now i will definitely join it.

b) In reference to "Bluetooth Section of the Documentation Guide" i did not go through all these links. I will follow these to get more know how. I will get back to you after studying these documents.

Thank you once again.

Regards

Muhammad

From: <devel@...> on behalf of "David Leach via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org" <david.leach=nxp.com@...>
Date: Thursday, 20 June 2019 at 5:43 AM
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] nrf52 debug with Linux VirtualBox

Are there any tricks to get the nrf52 board to be able to use the Zephyr build chain from within a VirtualBox Linux machine? When ever I run ‘ninja -Cbuild flash’ the Jlink usb device disconnects from the virtual box.

David Leach

NXP Semiconductors

phone: +1.210.241.6761

Email: david.leach@...

** PROPRIETARY & COMPANY-CONFIDENTIAL **

nrf52 debug with Linux VirtualBox

David Leach

Are there any tricks to get the nrf52 board to be able to use the Zephyr build chain from within a VirtualBox Linux machine? When ever I run ‘ninja -Cbuild flash’ the Jlink usb device disconnects from the virtual box.

David Leach

NXP Semiconductors

phone: +1.210.241.6761

Email: david.leach@...

** PROPRIETARY & COMPANY-CONFIDENTIAL **

Re: Callback on DNS added/removed

Ryan Erickson <Ryan.Erickson@...>

Hello All,

What I have found is that the event handler will only let you register similar events. Only IF_UP/IF_DOWN can be registered to one callback function.
For IPV4 events, you must register a separate callback function. This is not ideal and is very confusing. Looking through the code, this happens due to the filtering on NET_MGMT_GET_LAYER, NET_MGMT_GET_LAYER_CODE, NET_MGMT_GET_COMMAND in mgmt_run_callbacks() of net_mgmt.c.

Regards,

Ryan Erickson