Date

aws iot

guy.benyehuda@...

looking for an example/insights with respect to working with aws iot and/or using x.509 certificate.
any information will be much appreciated.
thanks, guy

Discussion about libc development for external lib integration

pzierhoffer@...

// this is a resend of an email that I apparently failed to send via the web ui. Sorry if you get two copies,
// if at the end of the day the mailing system decides to deliver my previous message

Hi all

As suggested by Paul Sokolovsky, I just wanted to let everyone know that there is an ongoing effort to integrate Zephyr with CivetWeb - an external, posix-based HTTP library.
The mail goal here is to add the HTTP API to Zephyr, but also to verify integration capabilities.

This effort made quite a stir, as different implementations of libc have different level of completeness and compatibility with Zephyr's POSIX layer.

Currently, as suggested by Anas, we are creating a pull request with a CivetWeb sample with all the missing libc functions implemented as stubs in the sample directory.

The incompatibilities of POSIX and newlib would definitely require attention from the community, you are all welcome to help.

If you are interested in the topic and would like to know more, please take a look at the ticket and leave your comments there.

Best regards

Piotr Zierhoffer
Antmicro

The summarizing ticket is here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/16683

Currently, as suggested by Anas, we are creating a pull request with a CivetWeb sample with all the missing libc functions implemented as stubs in the sample directory.

The incompatibilities of POSIX and newlib would definitely require attention from the community, your support is very welcome.

If you are interested in the topic and would like to know more, please take a look at the ticket and leave your comments there.

Best regards

Piotr Zierhoffer
Antmicro

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 06/20/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 20 June 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203

Re: nrf52 debug with Linux VirtualBox

Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa

Hi David,

You can try adding the device to “USB Device filters” in the VirtualBox guest’s settingsàports à USB.

Usually, if the Segger firmware has updates, the JLink will try firmware upgrade hence will recycling the host MPU (Atmel) and by having the device in “USB Device filters” it will get re-enumerated, DFU completes and thereafter continue flashing firmware to target MCU (Nordic SoC).

Regards,

Vinayak

From: <devel@...> on behalf of "David Leach via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org" <david.leach=nxp.com@...>
Date: Thursday, 20 June 2019 at 5:43 AM
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Cc: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] nrf52 debug with Linux VirtualBox

Are there any tricks to get the nrf52 board to be able to use the Zephyr build chain from within a VirtualBox Linux machine? When ever I run ‘ninja -Cbuild flash’ the Jlink usb device disconnects from the virtual box.

David Leach

NXP Semiconductors

phone: +1.210.241.6761

Email: david.leach@...

** PROPRIETARY & COMPANY-CONFIDENTIAL **

nrf52 debug with Linux VirtualBox

David Leach

Are there any tricks to get the nrf52 board to be able to use the Zephyr build chain from within a VirtualBox Linux machine? When ever I run ‘ninja -Cbuild flash’ the Jlink usb device disconnects from the virtual box.

David Leach

NXP Semiconductors

phone: +1.210.241.6761

Email: david.leach@...

** PROPRIETARY & COMPANY-CONFIDENTIAL **

Re: Callback on DNS added/removed

Ryan Erickson <Ryan.Erickson@...>

Hello All,

What I have found is that the event handler will only let you register similar events. Only IF_UP/IF_DOWN can be registered to one callback function.
For IPV4 events, you must register a separate callback function. This is not ideal and is very confusing. Looking through the code, this happens due to the filtering on NET_MGMT_GET_LAYER, NET_MGMT_GET_LAYER_CODE, NET_MGMT_GET_COMMAND in mgmt_run_callbacks() of net_mgmt.c.

Regards,

Ryan Erickson