Date

Re: How to build external drivers

Bolivar, Marti

Joris Offouga <offougajoris@gmail.com> writes:

Le 05/09/2019 à 19:24, Bolivar, Marti a écrit :
"Joris Offouga via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org"
<offougajoris=gmail.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:
Hi Marti,

Thanks for your help, I was inspired by the nrf repo and I could build
my driver.

Best Regards,

Joris Offouga
Great! Glad it helped.

Re: How to build external drivers

Joris Offouga

Le 05/09/2019 à 19:24, Bolivar, Marti a écrit :
"Joris Offouga via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org"
<offougajoris=gmail.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

Hi all,

How to build external drivers with zephyr, like board with example :
west build -b board_name . -- -DBOARD=board_name
-DBOARD_ROOT=<path_to_board>.
Just a couple of notes:

- the board doesn't have to be specified twice
- the default source directory is the current working directory

So this could be written a bit more simply as:

$ west build -b board_name -- -DBOARD_ROOT=<path_to_board>

is there a similar command for drivers?
This is supported:

As far as I can tell, there's nothing to do. For example, the
downstream nrf repository has out of tree drivers in its drivers/
directory:

https://github.com/NordicPlayground/fw-nrfconnect-nrf

This supports building applications with west build out of the box.

E.g. you can build nrf/applications/nrf_desktop with an out of tree
board, using the out of tree pmw3360 driver, with:

west build -b nrf52840_pca20041 -- -DBOARD_ROOT=$HOME/ncs/nrf

(The BOARD_ROOT is not strictly necessary here because of some magic
in the nrf build system, but it doesn't hurt so I've put it in for
your reference.)

Please note that if you're going to try to replicate this exact
example yourself, you need to create a separate west installation
using the downstream getting started guide:

https://developer.nordicsemi.com/nRF_Connect_SDK/doc/latest/nrf/getting_started.html

Otherwise, hopefully it's a starting point for you.

Best,
Marti
Hi Marti,

Thanks for your help, I was inspired by the nrf repo and I could build my driver.

Best Regards,

Joris Offouga

Best regards,

Joris Offouga

Joris Offouga

Joris Offouga

[...]

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your quick reply, does it have to have a specific folder structure like for boards too? If yes which one ?

Le 05/09/2019 à 17:44, Bøe, Sebastian a écrit :
Yes,

you can add out-of-tree directories that contain CMakeLists.txt files that define zephyr libraries (like drivers), by doing

west build -b board_name . -- -DZEPHYR_EXTRA_MODULES<path_to_driver>

How to build external drivers with zephyr, like board with example :
west build -b board_name . -- -DBOARD=board_name
-DBOARD_ROOT=<path_to_board>.

is there a similar command for drivers?

Best regards,

Joris Offouga

Joris Offouga

How to build external drivers

Joris Offouga

Hi all,

How to build external drivers with zephyr, like board with example : west build -b board_name . -- -DBOARD=board_name -DBOARD_ROOT=<path_to_board>.

is there a similar command for drivers?

Best regards,

Joris Offouga

Joris Offouga

Re: Dev-Review Meeting Agenda (Sept 5)

Peter A. Bigot

Discussing individual issues doesn't seem like an effective use of time, though discussing how issue assessments can be done offline and reviewed in summary form might be helpful.

But I'd like to get an understanding of what's going to be in 2.1 first.  E.g. updated GPIO is, updated controlled delay (timeout) API is.  Pinmux?  Other API changes?  Devicetree improvements?

Knowing the overall vision of how 2.1 improves the life of Zephyr users would impact what issues and existing PRs should be dusted off in order to reach that goal.

Peter

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 09/05/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 5 September 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)