From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of Allen Curtis via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org
Sent: 17 September 2019 21:17
To: Bolivar, Marti <Marti.Bolivar@...>
Cc: devel@...
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-devel] question in zephyrproject

Not my experience. The last time I installed the dependencies went into a dotlocal directory under the user account. Python couldn’t find them.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 12:12 PM Bolivar, Marti <Marti.Bolivar@...> wrote:

Hi Jaemin, Allen,

"Allen Curtis via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org"
<allen=criticalsoftwaresolutions.com@...> writes:

> I had this same problem. My solution was to export PYTHONPATH to include
> the directory containing this module. If you went through the instructions,
> installing all the dependencies, it is installed on your system
> somewhere.

Hmm, that shouldn't be needed if the Python dependencies were installed
correctly.

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:16 AM via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org <jaeminy.choi=
> samsung.com@...> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>

>> This is Jaemin from Samsung Electronics and we are trying to set the
>> environment up for Zephyr with
>> https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/index.html.
>>

>> Everything went well with your manuals but when I try this one
>>
>> west build -b reel_board samples/hello_world
>>
>> (in my case west build -b qemu_x86 samples/hello_world )
>>

>> The error which can't find pykwalify comes up like below.

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you are running on Linux, so you
should have installed west using "pip3 install --user west", which it
looks like you did:

-- Found west: /home/jaeminy.choi/.local/bin/west

If so, then pykwalify should have been installed too, because west
declares it as a dependency to pip:

$ pip3 show west | grep Requires:
Requires: colorama, PyYAML, pykwalify, configobj, setuptools

So as Allen said, if you have west but it can't import pykwalify, there
is a problem with the Python path. But you shouldn't need to set
PYTHONPATH; pip and Python's USER_BASE should take care of this for you.

First, you should check that pykwalify is installed, like this:

$ pip3 show -f pykwalify | grep Location:
Location: /home/foo/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages

If that doesn't work, reinstall west with pip3 to make sure you get it.

Second, run "python3 -m site". The output should contain the pykwalify
installation directory in sys.path. Something like this:

$ python3 -m site
sys.path = [
    '/usr/local/lib/python3.6',
    '/usr/lib/python36.zip',
    '/usr/lib/python3.6',
    '/usr/lib/python3.6/lib-dynload',
    '/home/foo/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages',
    '/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages',
    '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages',
]
USER_BASE: '/home/foo/.local' (exists)
USER_SITE: '/home/foo/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages' (exists)
ENABLE_USER_SITE: True

Make sure:

1. USER_SITE is the directory where pykwalify was installed
2. ENABLE_USER_SITE is True
3. sys.path contains the directory where pykwalify was installed

For more details, check:

https://docs.python.org/3/library/site.html#site.USER_BASE

>> I've googled it to solve the problem but i ended up here.

By the way, for the future, please consider cutting and pasting text
instead of using screenshots of your terminal window as discussed in

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/getting-help.html#use-copy-paste

It makes it easier for others to google your exact error message.

>> Can I have some advices?

Hope this helps.

--

Allen Curtis

Medical Device Architect

Critical Software Solutions, LLC

Re: question in zephyrproject

Allen Curtis

> [...]

Make sure:

1. USER_SITE is the directory where pykwalify was installed
2. ENABLE_USER_SITE is True
3. sys.path contains the directory where pykwalify was installed

For more details, check:

https://docs.python.org/3/library/site.html#site.USER_BASE

>> I've googled it to solve the problem but i ended up here.

By the way, for the future, please consider cutting and pasting text
instead of using screenshots of your terminal window as discussed in

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/getting-help.html#use-copy-paste

It makes it easier for others to google your exact error message.

>> Can I have some advices?

Hope this helps.

>> (All programs I should install are beyond minimum version and I skipped
>> set up a toolchain step because I set up the Zephyr SDK toolchains)

Bolivar, Marti

samsung.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> wrote:

[...]

BMX160 Driver

Jeff Langballe <Jeff.langballe@...>

Hi all,

Is there a BMX160 driver in the works? I see that there are drivers for the BMI160 and the BMM150 but nothing for the BMX160. Even Bosch does not provide a driver for the BMX160. Instead they say to use the BMI160 and BMM150 drivers with some modifications. Is there something like this with the Zephyr implementations of the two drivers? If there’s nothing existing, what are some of the resources I should be looking at before I begin hacking away at this with my very, very limited experience.

Thanks,

Jeff

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: APIs - Tue, 09/17/2019 9:00am-10:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: APIs

When: Tuesday, 17 September 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/177647878

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,177647878# or +16699006833,,177647878#
Or Telephone:
    Meeting ID: 177 647 878

Re: W25Qxx extern Flash

Peter A. Bigot

W25* flash should already be supported with the `jedec,spi_nor` driver.  The nxp_rt1064 target uses a W25Q32 device with that driver.

IMO we should get rid of w25q16 as it confuses things.

Peter

Re: W25Qxx extern Flash

Tom Burdick

I actually need this same exact driver with a different size myself. This sounds like a good solution to me.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 8:10 AM Gaspard Rigolot <gaspard.rigolot@...> wrote:
Hello,

I currently work on custom board with Zephyr and W25Q80 extern flash memory.
I see that zephyr already got driver for W25QXX and yaml for W25Q16 but driver use some define like DT_WINBOND_W25Q16. So my yaml w25q80 can't work with zephyr driver without modifications. I propose to develop a generic yaml w25qxx.yaml and modify zephyr driver to be generic too. Second solution : one driver and yaml for each component.
The difference between q80 and q16 is the size of flash, define in kconfig not in dts.

Do you think the first solution is good?

Regards,

[...]

W25Qxx extern Flash

Gaspard Rigolot <gaspard.rigolot@...>

Hello,

I currently work on custom board with Zephyr and W25Q80 extern flash memory.
I see that zephyr already got driver for W25QXX and yaml for W25Q16 but driver use some define like DT_WINBOND_W25Q16. So my yaml w25q80 can't work with zephyr driver without modifications. I propose to develop a generic yaml w25qxx.yaml and modify zephyr driver to be generic too. Second solution : one driver and yaml for each component.
The difference between q80 and q16 is the size of flash, define in kconfig not in dts.

Do you think the first solution is good?

Regards,

Re: question in zephyrproject

Serafin

Hello

Did you do the install python dependencies step?  https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/index.html#install-python-dependencies

Best regards

Serafin

On 17/09/2019 10:57, via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org wrote:

Hello.

This is Jaemin from Samsung Electronics and we are trying to set the environment up for Zephyr with  https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/index.html.

Everything went well with your manuals but when I try this one

west build -b reel_board samples/hello_world

(in my case west build -b qemu_x86 samples/hello_world )

The error which can't find pykwalify comes up like below.

I've googled it to solve the problem but i ended up here.

Can I have some advices?

(All programs I should install are beyond minimum version and I skipped set up a toolchain step because I set up the Zephyr SDK toolchains)

Thanks,

Jaemin

question in zephyrproject

최재민 <jaeminy.choi@...>

Hello.

This is Jaemin from Samsung Electronics and we are trying to set the environment up for Zephyr with  https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/index.html.

Everything went well with your manuals but when I try this one

west build -b reel_board samples/hello_world

(in my case west build -b qemu_x86 samples/hello_world )

The error which can't find pykwalify comes up like below.

I've googled it to solve the problem but i ended up here.

Can I have some advices?

(All programs I should install are beyond minimum version and I skipped set up a toolchain step because I set up the Zephyr SDK toolchains)

Thanks,

Jaemin

API meeting: agenda

This week we will look at:

- Sensor API: Update on progress

- GPIO: Update on progress
- Merge https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/16648 to topic-gpio. CI issues are currently preventing us from doing that.
- Resolve contract: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18530#issuecomment-530472454

- V4Z: Quick update on PR status https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/17194

Re: Listen for "USB_DETECTED" events?

Benjamin Lindqvist

Hey Pawel,

I noticed `int usb_dc_ep_set_callback(const u8_t ep, const usb_dc_ep_callback cb);` in `usb_dc.h`, but using them doesn't sound so stable to me. Since `usb_dc_ep_set_callback` actually *overwrites* the currently registered callback (that's what it looks like anyway), we'd break everything inside the usb stack that relies on that cb.

Using the nordic HAL directly is an ok workaround for me (just check NRF_POWER->USBREGSTATUS for instance) but it seems like a reasonable thing to present in a public API too.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 8:32 AM <pawel.dunaj@...> wrote:
Have you checked USB_DC_CONNECTED event? You can get it through a callback given while registering a class device.

Re: Listen for "USB_DETECTED" events?

pawel.dunaj@...

Have you checked USB_DC_CONNECTED event? You can get it through a callback given while registering a class device.

Re: Zephyr's k_sleep gets stuck on nRF52832

Peter A. Bigot

Version 1.14.99 suggests you have a snapshot of the development series leading up to the recent 2.0 release.  The problem you're reporting was fixed in #17845 in upstream Zephyr 2019-08-01.  It may be worth updating to the 2.0 release for your development as many other problems were fixed in the latter part of August.

Peter

Zephyr's k_sleep gets stuck on nRF52832

Kimberly Langland <KimL@...>

Hello All,

We were seeing an issue that occasionally, all tasks waiting for a timeout using k_sleep get stuck in the suspended state (while other tasks continue to run normally), and then after about 8 minutes full normal functionality returns.

After digging into this issue, is appears that either the RTC needs an N+3 buffer between the RTC->COUNTER and the RTC->CC value to guarantee to trigger the ISR (instead of an N+2 buffer as documented), or that there is a race condition in the nrf_rtc_timer driver where between the time of reading the RTC->COUNTER, and writing to RTC->CC, RTC->COUNTER has already advanced.

Has anyone else seen this, or know the appropriate fix/workaround?

Detailed description:

* Zephyr Version: 1.14.99

* Running on nR53832

Each time this behavior occurs, the first task in the timeout_list (in the kernel/timeout module) has a timeout time of 1 tick. Reading the RTC1 registers, directly as this occurs, the RTC1->COUNTER value is just above the RCT1->CC[0] value. Normal behavior returns about 8 mins later when the RTC1->COUNTER register passes the RTC1->CC[0] value a second time (this is a 24 bit register clocked at 32kHZ with no prescaler).

In Nordic's documentation for the RTC on nRF52832 it states: "If the COUNTER is N, writing N+2 to a CC register is guaranteed to trigger a COMPARE event at N+2". Zephyrs driver seems to address this case by writing N+2 to the RTC1->CC[0] register (instead on N+1) in the case that a one tick timeout is requested. However in this case we are still not receiving the ISR until the COUNTER has looped around.

I have tried setting the RTC1->CC[0] register instead to N+3 (in the 1 tick timeout case), and have not yet seen the issue reoccur with the following modification to the nrf_rtc_timer driver.

/* dt - is the delta between RTC->COUNTER and RTC->CC[0]

* cyc - is the value to write to RTC->CC[0] */

} else if (dt == 1) {

-    set_comparator(cyc + 1);

+    set_comparator(cyc + 2);

}

Kimberly Langland
Sr. Firmware Engineer
Product Innovation Center
Nytec.com

425.947.2676

This email message may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized use is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Listen for "USB_DETECTED" events?

Benjamin Lindqvist

Hi,

Going through the APIs today looking for a public function for discerning if we are connected to something (i.e. we are supplied by VBUS) but I couldn't find anything. There is some internal API at `subsys/usb/usb_device.c` (usb_register_status_callback) but it clearly won't work since it's not public etc.

Am I just missing it or does it not exist?

Upcoming Event: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting - Thu, 09/12/2019 8:00am-9:00am, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Reminder: Zephyr Project: Dev Meeting

When: Thursday, 12 September 2019, 8:00am to 9:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/993312203

https://zoom.us/j/993312203

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,993312203# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,993312203# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 993 312 203

Dev Review Meeting Agenda - 12 Sept 2019

Kumar Gala

Here’s the issues/PRs on the agenda so far for this week’s Dev Review Meeting:

* posix: Kconfig: Allow to enable individual components, POSIX_API just enables all

If you you have anything else let me know.

- k

Re: c++ application development #nrf52840

Peter A. Bigot

Not until we get #19002 and then #18464 merged.  Since I'm the one with concerns about those I'll work to get them in next week if that's possible.  For now you could make progress by taking 18464 into your Zephyr tree; then you can use the malloc-based new/delete that comes free from combining libc++ and newlib.

Peter

1761 - 1780 of 8046