From: <devel@...> on behalf of Ryan Erickson <ryan.erickson@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20 February 2019 at 21:34
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] NRF52840 UART CTS interrupt #nrf52480 #uart

Hello,

I am using the NRF52840, UART1 with hardware flow control turned on.  I want to be able to detect transitions on the CTS pin (input).  Currently I tried using the GPIO driver to configure interrupts on both edges and this seems to work great for monitoring the CTS pin state.  Is it alright to use the GPIO driver to do this when the UART peripheral is using that IO as well?  I am looking for confirmation that this should work and not cause me any issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

Re: Get RSSI in DTM(Zephyr)

Tommy Lin (林志聰) <Tommy.Lin@...>

Hi Ryan Erickson,

We would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some suggestions on the case.

For example , What documents we can reference? Where can we find some relevant code?

Thanks

Tommy

From: Chee, Chrislynn <chrislynn.chee@...>
Date: Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 6:21 AM
Subject: [Zephyr Main] Guide for coremark setup on Zephyr OS
To: main@... <main@...>

Hi,

I try to setup coremark tool on Zephyr OS but not able to find much information online. I need this to be loaded to my dev kit https://www.microchip.com/DevelopmentTools/ProductDetails/atsamv71-xult which is a Cortex M7 evaluation kit.

Would someone be able to guide me through?

Regards,

Chrislynn Chee

--
Brett Preston
Sr. Program Manager

related to #BluetoothMesh & DFU_OTA #bluetoothmesh

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi,
this PR in local repo, we can do DFU OTA using Android #nRFConnect.

But I've observe following things:
1) If board is in non-provisioned state then DFU OTA start immediately
2) If board is in provisioned state then DFU OTA process takes 5-10 seconds
    to show the status of progress in percentages.

Is it is correct behaviour ? If no, then how to overcome it ?
Sometimes when we start the GATT connection (to access SMP service for DFU OTA)
with device then it get immediately get disconnected. Why ?
As we all know, after device get provisioned, it stop advertising as "zephyr"
plus it don't show UUID associated with it (like it is in unprovisioned state)

If there are multiple provisioned node available, then in case of Android
if we want to connect particular NODE (for DFU OTA) then using its MAC address
we could find it & connect to it.

But in case of iOS, we can't do that since MAC address are hidden.

If we have CONFIG_BT_PRIVACY=y enable this Kconfig option, then we can't connect to
particular NODE for DFU OTA since every time after reboot MAC address is different.

All this things are confusing for me? Could anyone would like to through some light on
this ?

Thanks !!

Re: West Issue

Carles Cufi

Hi Brianna,

A few things to try and check:

  1. Make sure you exit the current shell and open a new one if you had sourced zephyr-env.sh in a pre-west zephyr tree with that shell, since that places the wrong west in the path
  2. Make sure that you clean the build/build folder completely (delete it) since there might be pre-west artifacts
  3. Make sure that you have run “west init -l zephyr/” if you were initializing an existing zephyr copy
  4. Run “west –version” from within the zephyr folder and you should see 2 lines, both with 0.5.1 or higher

Carles

We are creating a project using Zephyr and whenever I try to flash to my board I receive this error about west even though it says that west is initialized. I saw some thread online about this issue but I can’t seem to find a resolution. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Brianna Fahrenkopf

West Issue

Brianna Fahrenkopf <bfahrenkopf@...>

Hello,

We are creating a project using Zephyr and whenever I try to flash to my board I receive this error about west even though it says that west is initialized. I saw some thread online about this issue but I can’t seem to find a resolution. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Brianna Fahrenkopf

Re: Bluetooth mesh using nrf52 pca10040 #bluetoothmesh #nrf52832

On 14 Feb 2019, at 15.43, kunal.jagadish07@... wrote:
Hey, I am trying to establish a bluetooth mesh using the Raspberry Pi 3 (bluez meshctl) as the provisioner and the nrf52 boards as the nodes. The nodes have to periodically send sensor data (LPN) to the provisioner (Raspberry Pi) across the mesh. The mesh will consist of ~5k nodes. I want to extract the data and the rssi value from the transmitted packet on the Raspberry Pi. How would I go about with this?
Since this is a BlueZ question it’d be better asked on the BlueZ mailing lists. I’ve added it to CC. E.g. Brian or Inga (who know the BlueZ mesh implementation very well) might be able to answer your question. I’m not sure if meshctl tracks the RSSI internally, but to my understanding the new mesh deamon does, so it might be just a matter of ensuring that it gets exposed through D-Bus somehow.

What’s not clear to me is do you want this for testing/debugging purposes or something for an actual application use? If it’s just for testing/debugging you can e.g. use btmon to see the raw HCI traffic, and that’ll then also show you the RSSI of every received advertising packet.

Johan

Re: i.MX 6/7 Flexcan driver Zephyr porting

Andrei Gansari

Hello Aymeric,

If you don’t mind using the bare metal driver in your application as Maureen suggested, there is also i.MX RT 1050 EVKB board that does support Ethernet and has an unpopulated CAN connector at J11. It's a cortex M7.

Andrei