compile error

Kai Ren

Hi there,

I had set my Zephyr dev environment up and ran it for several months, but I hit a problem today when I tried to build my project for hex file, the error is below, is it anything I can configure to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook-Pro-2:build renkai$ make

CMake Deprecation Warning at /Users/renkai/Documents/Work/git/zephyr/cmake/app/boilerplate.cmake:38 (cmake_policy):

  The OLD behavior for policy CMP0000 will be removed from a future version

  of CMake.

  The cmake-policies(7) manual explains that the OLD behaviors of all

  policies are deprecated and that a policy should be set to OLD only under

  specific short-term circumstances.  Projects should be ported to the NEW

  behavior and not rely on setting a policy to OLD.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  CMakeLists.txt:2 (include)

-- Selected BOARD nrf52_pca10040

Zephyr version: 1.11.99

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/Users/renkai/Documents/Work/git/zephyr/scripts/kconfig/kconfig.py", line 24, in <module>

    locale.setlocale(locale.LC_CTYPE, "C.UTF-8")

  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/locale.py", line 598, in setlocale

    return _setlocale(category, locale)

locale.Error: unsupported locale setting

CMake Error at /Users/renkai/Documents/Work/git/zephyr/cmake/kconfig.cmake:145 (message):

  command failed with return code: 1

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  /Users/renkai/Documents/Work/git/zephyr/cmake/app/boilerplate.cmake:241 (include)

  CMakeLists.txt:2 (include)

See also "/Users/renkai/Documents/Work/git/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

See also "/Users/renkai/Documents/Work/git/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

Regards,

Kai

Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa

Hi Kai,

Is this on latest upstream/master or an old commit head?

Seems the locale.setlocale  in the kconfig.py is not able to find a supporting setting in your OS distribution, probably you upgraded your distribution.

You can try simply editing the kconfig.py  and change “C.UTF-8” to “UTF-8”.

Regards,
Vinayak

On 21 Mar 2018, at 13:35, Kai Ren <kren@...> wrote:

[...]

This was introduced yesterday, a fix is on the way.

[...]

Hi Vinayak,

I just git pull this commit, “43bc30466ab4386940066cfa54e0a11bde130e14”, without any configuration, the dev environment recovered.

Regards,

Kai