how to view the documents as in .rst fomat

Sukumar Ghorai

Hi,
I was trying to open the doc/*.rst files which is ReStructuredText
format, and using python pip restview utility.
$ pip install restview
$ restview doc/index.rst

And here is the error i see:
index.rst:48: (ERROR/3) Unknown interpreted text role "ref".
index.rst:50: (ERROR/3) Unknown interpreted text role "ref".
127.0.0.1 - - [12/Aug/2016 20:17:42] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 -
127.0.0.1 - - [12/Aug/2016 20:17:43] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 -
127.0.0.1 - - [12/Aug/2016 20:17:43] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 -
drivers/drivers.rst:56: (ERROR/3) Unknown interpreted text role "file".
drivers/drivers.rst:72: (ERROR/3) Unknown interpreted text role "cpp:func".
..
and its generating the html view with errors.

is there any other way i can view the rst file?

Thx & rgds,
Sukumar

Rohit Grover

.rst files contain readable text.

>is there any other way i can view the rst file?

Tidy(ChunHua) Jiang <tidyjiang@...>

I'm also looking for such a viewer.

As for restview, it doesn't support Sphinx syntax(only, toctree, ref,
etc. are Sphinx syntax).
See https://github.com/mgedmin/restview/issues/35.
The author of restview said he is using
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/livereload to preview Sphinx documents.
I tried but failed.

Tidy

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 3:33 PM, Tidy Jiang <tidyjiang(a)163.com> wrote:
I'm also looking for such a viewer.

As for restview, it doesn't support Sphinx syntax(only, toctree, ref, etc.
are Sphinx syntax).
See https://github.com/mgedmin/restview/issues/35.
The author of restview said he is using
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/livereload to preview Sphinx documents.
I tried but failed.
steps mentioned doc/README.rst helped and WORKING.
$ git clone https://github.com/michaeljones/breathe.git breathe
$ cd breathe
$ sudo -E python setup.py install

mkdir out
sphinx-build . out
=> check out/index.html
However, observed some warning during compilation.

we need to follow the steps as in doc/README.rst

Tidy

On 2016年08月12日 17:51, Rohit Grover wrote:

.rst files contain readable text.

>is there any other way i can view the rst file?

confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the
information in any medium. Thank you.

Kinder, David B <david.b.kinder@...>

Out of curiosity, why do you want to read the ReST files directly instead of the nicely formatted and indexed documentation posted online at https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/ ?