RFC Release Notes in Zephyr Kernel Tree

Perez Hernandez, Javier B <javier.b.perez.hernandez@...>

Hi!

I have a proposal to add the release notes 'release-notes.rst' in the
zephyr tree.
This document will have all the relevant changes to the kernel between
each version.

Please review proposal:
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/5351/

Commit:
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/5029/

Thanks!

Javier B. Perez

Kumar Gala

On Oct 7, 2016, at 12:06 PM, Perez Hernandez, Javier B <javier.b.perez.hernandez(a)intel.com> wrote:

Hi!

I have a proposal to add the release notes 'release-notes.rst' in the
zephyr tree.
This document will have all the relevant changes to the kernel between
each version.

Please review proposal:
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/5351/

Commit:
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/5029/

Thanks!

Javier B. Perez
I think it would be easier to just email the RFC proposal for this to the list vs using gerrit.

- k

Flavio Santes <flavio.santes@...>

Well, it makes sense according to this thread:

https://goo.gl/84uRzE

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/archives/list/devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org/message/EZRVOMEAK2T4BKFNZEXUDDFQGGCHG64X/

Michael Turquette <mturquette@...>

Flavio,

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Flavio Santes <flavio.santes(a)intel.com> wrote:
Well, it makes sense according to this thread:

https://goo.gl/84uRzE

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/archives/list/devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org/message/EZRVOMEAK2T4BKFNZEXUDDFQGGCHG64X/
Is the process outlined in that thread from May 5 actually followed?
Is it up for discussion at ELC-E?

I'll add some food for thought: last week Greg Kroah-Hartman gave a
nice talk on why email is the most scalable choice for open source
code review at Kernel Recipes in Paris. Here are the slides:

https://github.com/gregkh/presentation-stone-tools/raw/master/stone-tools.pdf

(Skip to the latter half of the slides that include the speaker's notes)

Looking forward to discussing workflow in more detail in Berlin :-)

Regards,
Mike

Flavio Santes <flavio.santes@...>

Hello Mike,

It was just a proposal that some Zephyr collaborators are following. As you can see it is not "the rule".

wrote:
Well, it makes sense according to this thread:

https://goo.gl/84uRzE

https://lists.zephyrproject.org/archives/list/devel(a)lists.zephyrprojec
t.org/message/EZRVOMEAK2T4BKFNZEXUDDFQGGCHG64X/
Is the process outlined in that thread from May 5 actually followed?
Is it up for discussion at ELC-E?
Some Zephyr engineers will be there. Please say hello to Anas and Rob.

I'll add some food for thought: last week Greg Kroah-Hartman gave a nice
talk on why email is the most scalable choice for open source code review at
Kernel Recipes in Paris. Here are the slides:

https://github.com/gregkh/presentation-stone-tools/raw/master/stone-
tools.pdf

(Skip to the latter half of the slides that include the speaker's notes)

Looking forward to discussing workflow in more detail in Berlin :-)
Thanks for the link.

It has been discussed many times if gerrit is useful or not. So, I am sure that ELE-E will be a very useful forum to discuss about Zephyr.

Regards,
Mike
Regards,
Flavio