From: Singh, Rahul [mailto:rahul.singh(a)intel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 4:40 AM
To: devel(a)lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: [devel] Quark SE : x86 binary is always required for ARC to boot ?

Hello All,

Can anyone please confirm if the x86 binary is mandatory to flash on the board to boot the ARC or is there any configuration we need to add to build the ARC binary without flashing the x86 binary on the board.

Regards,
Rahul

Prinn, Malcolm <malcolm.prinn@...>

QMSI bootloader 1.2 and beyond does not start the sensor subsystem at all.

It's all up to the applications now. So for versions 1.2 and later the x86 binary is required.

Regards,
Malcolm Prinn.