Topics

Can't push to Gerrit anymore

Stephens, Allan

For some reason I'm now unable to push commits to Gerrit for review. This only affects pushes; I can get updates pulled in just fine.

When I try a push I see this:

$ git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master/doc_kernel_fixes_more

Counting objects: 83, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (31/31), done.
Writing objects: 100% (31/31), 8.43 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 31 (delta 23), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (23/23)
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
To ssh://astephen(a)gerrit.zephyrproject.org:29418/zephyr
! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/master/doc_kernel_fixes_more (change https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/6207 closed)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://astephen(a)gerrit.zephyrproject.org:29418/zephyr'

This was working properly on Thursday morning, and started failing on Thursday afternoon. I don't think the problem is on my end, as I rolled back my Linux virtual machine to backup I made a couple of weeks ago, and I see the same problem.

Is this issue possibly related to the Zephyr Project systems maintenance that was announced on Wednesday? If so, it seems odd that I'm affected but Ben can still push changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Al Stephens

Nashif, Anas

You are trying to push an abandoned patch?

https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/6207/

[...]

Saucedo Tejada, Genaro <genaro.saucedo.tejada@...>

If you did abandoned that patch at gerrit the straight forward solution
is to remove the change-id from you commit message but that would be a
bad idea otherwise as that would create another gerrit entry

On Fri, 2016-11-11 at 16:53 +0000, Nashif, Anas wrote:
[...]

Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg@...>

You can't push to an abandoned patch as it's considered closed. You must
first restore the patch before you can push to it again.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Systems Administrator

Stephens, Allan

Sorry, I forgot to post to the mailing list that the problem has been fixed. Thanks to everyone who responded ...

-- Al

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks, Anas!

-- Al