reg: Routing SPI signals connected from x86 core to the Arc core

Mahendravarman Rajarao (RBEI/EAA3) <Mahendravarman.Rajarao@...>

Hi

We have connected an Accelerometer to the x86 core of C1000 (Quark_se) through SPI interface.
Interrupt line of accelerometer is also connected to the AON_GPIO_3

Now I need to route the SPI connection of x86 to Arc core. Is that possible ?

Any sample code in zephyr I can refer for this activity ?

Best regards
Mahendra

Tomasz Bursztyka

Hi,

You can use IPM API to send data from one core to another.
See include/ipm.h

Your accelerometer implements sensor API I guess? So it can trigger
a callback, which in turn would send the information to the ARC core
through IPM.

For the sensor trigger part, see samples/sensor ones. (bmi160 for instance).
And for ipm: samples/ipm ones.

Tomasz

Hi

We have connected an Accelerometer to the x86 core of C1000 (Quark_se)
through SPI interface.

Interrupt line of accelerometer is also connected to the AON_GPIO_3

Now I need to route the SPI connection of x86 to Arc core. Is that
possible ?

Any sample code in zephyr I can refer for this activity ?

Best regards

Mahendra

*

*

Liu, Baohong

Zephyr drivers for SPI and GPIO were updated recently to allow ARC to directly access GPIO including AON_GPIO and SPI. You do not need x86 at all.

Please see the updated driver and sample app for BMI160 (top of the free, master).

Thanks
Baohong

We have connected an Accelerometer to the x86 core of C1000 (Quark_se) through SPI interface.
Interrupt line of accelerometer is also connected to the AON_GPIO_3

Now I need to route the SPI connection of x86 to Arc core. Is that possible ?

Any sample code in zephyr I can refer for this activity ?

Best regards
Mahendra

Liu, Baohong

Sorry. Typo.

Top of the tree.

We have connected an Accelerometer to the x86 core of C1000 (Quark_se) through SPI interface.
Interrupt line of accelerometer is also connected to the AON_GPIO_3

Now I need to route the SPI connection of x86 to Arc core. Is that possible ?

Any sample code in zephyr I can refer for this activity ?

Best regards
Mahendra

Chuck Jordan <Chuck.Jordan@...>

OR, the ARC can utilize SPI too and talk to the accelerometer directly.
It just depends upon which CPU you want to OWN which resource.
-Chuck

[...]

Hi Both

As you said I have tried to compile directly using arc and its compiling

I thought to route the debug prints through UART over usb.

But I think the current version supports UART over usb only on x86 (quark_se_c1000_devboard) not on arc (quark_se_c1000_ss_devboard)

Because while compiling I am getting error as
"In file included from /home/mahendra/guestshare/mahendra/zephyr-v1.6.0/drivers/usb/device/usb_dc_dw.c:32:0:
/home/mahendra/guestshare/mahendra/zephyr-v1.6.0/drivers/usb/device/usb_dw_registers.h:211:2: error: #error "Unsupported board" #error "Unsupported board"

Best regards
mahendra

[...]

Joseph, Jithu

But I think the current version supports UART over usb only on x86 (quark_se_c1000_devboard) not on arc (quark_se_c1000_ss_devboard)
Right, USB device functionality in general is supported only on the x86 side of C1000, consequently USB UART is only available there and not on the ARC side.

Thanks

[...]

If your purpose is to see the message prints, you do not need the USB stuff. Message printing on arc will be routed to the same uart port as x86. No extra thing is needed. I strongly suggest you to look at the sample app for BMI160.

Thanks
Baohong

[...]

Hi Liu

As you have stated below

"Zephyr drivers for SPI and GPIO were updated recently to allow ARC to directly access GPIO including AON_GPIO and SPI. You do not need x86 at all"

Is this done in zephyr 1.6 ? Even AON_GPIO can I declare and use directly at ARC ?

Please Note we have connected bma255 at SPI lines of x86.

Best regards

Mahendravarman Rajarao

Mobil +919952921253

We have connected an Accelerometer to the x86 core of C1000 (Quark_se) through SPI interface.
Interrupt line of accelerometer is also connected to the AON_GPIO_3

Now I need to route the SPI connection of x86 to Arc core. Is that possible ?

Any sample code in zephyr I can refer for this activity ?

Best regards
Mahendra

Mahendravarman Rajarao (RBEI/EAA3) <Mahendravarman.Rajarao@...>

Hi

An update to the below query.Under zephyr 1.6

I have used SPI routines x86 to read the chip id of bma255 and its working fine

But,

If I have used SPI routines on ARC ..chip id reading is returning as 0xFF..

Please Note we have connected bma255 at SPI lines of x86.

So only I have a doubt, can we access SPI directly from ARC which is connected to x86 ?

Please help !!!

We have connected an Accelerometer to the x86 core of C1000 (Quark_se) through SPI interface.
Interrupt line of accelerometer is also connected to the AON_GPIO_3

Now I need to route the SPI connection of x86 to Arc core. Is that possible ?

Any sample code in zephyr I can refer for this activity ?

Best regards
Mahendra

Liu, Baohong

Post 1.6. You need to use master. You do not need x86 at all.

Thanks
Baohong

We have connected an Accelerometer to the x86 core of C1000 (Quark_se) through SPI interface.
Interrupt line of accelerometer is also connected to the AON_GPIO_3

Now I need to route the SPI connection of x86 to Arc core. Is that possible ?

Any sample code in zephyr I can refer for this activity ?

Best regards
Mahendra

Mahendravarman Rajarao (RBEI/EAA3) <Mahendravarman.Rajarao@...>

Hi Liu

We have finalized zephyr 1.6 version for our project

there is any patch available for zephyr 1.6 , which I can install and use ARC to directly access GPIO including AON_GPIO and SPI ?

Please help and reply

Best regards
Mahendra

Post 1.6. You need to use master. You do not need x86 at all.

Thanks
Baohong

We have connected an Accelerometer to the x86 core of C1000 (Quark_se) through SPI interface.
Interrupt line of accelerometer is also connected to the AON_GPIO_3

Now I need to route the SPI connection of x86 to Arc core. Is that possible ?

Any sample code in zephyr I can refer for this activity ?

Best regards
Mahendra

Liu, Baohong

there is any patch available for zephyr 1.6 , which I can install and use ARC to directly access GPIO including AON_GPIO and SPI ?
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/8708/

Thanks
Baohong

We have finalized zephyr 1.6 version for our project

there is any patch available for zephyr 1.6 , which I can install and use ARC to directly access GPIO including AON_GPIO and SPI ?

Please help and reply

Best regards
Mahendra

Liu, Baohong

there is any patch available for zephyr 1.6 , which I can install and use  ARC to directly access GPIO including AON_GPIO and SPI ?
https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/#/c/8708/
You already have ARC GPIO access.

Thanks
Baohong