Github review rules changes?

I just noticed that some of my PRs which were approved don't show
as such any longer in the review list
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pulls . E.g.
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/8165 , and what it
says inside is: "At least 2 approving reviews are required by reviewers
with write access."

Well, previously we had one 1 such review required, and getting even
that wasn't always easy.

What's the reason for this change? Is it just temporary for the time of
pre-release freeze?

This is something we decided to add during the release phase to make sure we have enough reviews for bug fixes and changes coming in close to the release.
In the future this might be considered for all PRs to get more eyes and +1s per change, but this is still open for discussion.

Well, previously we had one 1 such review required, and getting even that wasn't always easy.

What's the reason for this change? Is it just temporary for the time of pre-release freeze?

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs Follow Linaro: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro

Hello Anas,

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 14:00:56 +0000
"Nashif, Anas" <anas.nashif@intel.com> wrote:

Hi,
This is something we decided to add during the release phase to make
sure we have enough reviews for bug fixes and changes coming in
close to the release. In the future this might be considered for all
PRs to get more eyes and +1s per change, but this is still open for
discussion.
Thanks for the response. My 2 cents: I hope it goes back to one
approving review, and if we want to have 2, then some preparation work
should rather be done, like ensuring there're enough code owners (==
approving reviewers) for different code parts, and some forward notice
(e.g. 1 month before) to get people prepared.

Anas
[]