Topics

ZEPHYR_BASE environment variableIs setup #gettingstartedguide

miem@...

Hi,

I have to set the the ZEPHYR_BASE environment variableIs every time I creat a new command window session to compile a project. Is there any way to save the ZEPHYR_BASE environment variableIs in windows setup and have it worked for all sessions?

Regards,
Miem

Carles Cufi

I assume you are on Windows from what you say.

If you have a single copy of the repo on your disk you can add ZEPHYR_BASE as a permanent environment variable. I recommend https://www.rapidee.com/en/about to do that.

Windows doesn’t have the equivalent of ~/.bashrc AFAIK.

I have to set the the ZEPHYR_BASE environment variableIs every time I creat a new command window session to compile a project. Is there any way to save the ZEPHYR_BASE environment variableIs in windows setup and have it worked for all sessions?

Regards,
Miem

Maureen Helm

In Windows you can run zephyr-env.cmd to set ZEPHYR_BASE. It also has a hook to invoke your own zephyrrc.cmd which is handy for setting ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT and GCCARMEMB_TOOLCHAIN_PATH.