Topics

How to update Zephyr kernel to the newest version #gettingstartedguide

miem@...

Hi,

How can I update my local zephyr project (that I have cloned from Github before) to the latest (or a defined) version?

Regards,
Mina

Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa

Hi,

If you have changes or commits, then

# git pull –rebase origin

Or if no changes and want to have a near fresh clone then,

# git fetch –all -p

# git reset –hard origin/master

Regards,

Vinayak

How can I update my local zephyr project (that I have cloned from Github before) to the latest (or a defined) version?

Regards,
Mina

Sebastian Boe

Alternatively ...

sebo@mach:~/$ cd $ZEPHYR_BASE
sebo@mach:~/zephyr$ git fetch --all
sebo@mach:~/zephyr$ git tag --list
sebo@mach:~/zephyr$ git checkout zephyr-v1.12.0

If you get an error during checkout you might have made changes to Zephyr, at which point you have no choice but to learn enough git to be able to manage your out-of-tree patches.