Topics

hciconfig tools error with nrf52832 running zephyr

icephyr

hi guys,
    I got a problem here and hope anyone can give me some advice,thanks.

    I bought a official nrf52832 development kits and ported zephyr project successfully. It runs fine with my ubuntu host,via btattach and btmgmt tools.But it didn't work with my nxp embedded linux,the linux version is 4.1.15 and supports hciattach hciconfig tools only.When I tried to bring the bluetooth module up with hciconfig hci0 up,an error comes up:

#hciconfig hci0 up
#Can't init device hci1: Cannot assign requested address (99)

has anyone met this problem before ? I don't know how to deal with it now,the hci0 can not be up status.

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018, @icephyr wrote:
I bought a official nrf52832 development kits and ported zephyr
project successfully. It runs fine with my ubuntu host,via btattach
and btmgmt tools.But it didn't work with my nxp embedded linux,the
linux version is 4.1.15 and supports hciattach hciconfig tools
only.When I tried to bring the bluetooth module up with hciconfig hci0
up,an error comes up:
The 4.1 kernel is too old to support controllers without a public
address. IIRC you need at least a 4.4 kernel, but ideally something much
newer than that.

Johan

icephyr

Thanks for your explanation.since the embedded linux version is bound  with the chip, I cannot update it easily.So is there any ways to solve this problem without updating linux version ?

At 2018-08-24 13:24:28, "Johan Hedberg" <johan.hedberg@...> wrote: >Hi, > >On Thu, Aug 23, 2018, sxzxchen@... wrote: >> I bought a official nrf52832 development kits and ported zephyr >> project successfully. It runs fine with my ubuntu host,via btattach >> and btmgmt tools.But it didn't work with my nxp embedded linux,the >> linux version is 4.1.15 and supports hciattach hciconfig tools >> only.When I tried to bring the bluetooth module up with hciconfig hci0 >> up,an error comes up: > >The 4.1 kernel is too old to support controllers without a public >address. IIRC you need at least a 4.4 kernel, but ideally something much >newer than that. > >Johan

Maureen Helm

Which NXP device are you running embedded Linux? I can check to see if we have plans to update the kernel version.