[Question] zephyr file transfer via BLE

우승우 <du5102@...>

Hi, This is seungwoo

I have a question

If you look at the site below, I can transfer BLE file using Nordic chip.

https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordic-q-a/33093/transfer-big-file-over-ble

nrf52-ble-image-transfer-demo çè Android-Image-Transfer-Demo   // file transfer

I am trying to develop a device with BLE functionality using nrf52810 in zephyr OS.

Like nrf52-ble-image-transfer-demo, Can I use zephyr with an application that can transfer files with Android?

Or I would like to ask if there is a case in which Zephyr tried to implement file transmission via BLE.

Thanks you

I believe mcumgr will allow you to do what you need.

Check the smp server sample here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/tree/master/samples/subsys/mgmt/mcumgr/smp_svr

And the corresponding Android libraries here: https://github.com/runtimeco/mcumgr-android

Carles

From: <devel@...> on behalf of 우승우 <du5102@...>
Date: Thursday, 18 October 2018 at 09:35
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] [Question] zephyr file transfer via BLE

Hi, This is seungwoo

I have a question

If you look at the site below, I can transfer BLE file using Nordic chip.

https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordic-q-a/33093/transfer-big-file-over-ble

nrf52-ble-image-transfer-demo çè Android-Image-Transfer-Demo   // file transfer

I am trying to develop a device with BLE functionality using nrf52810 in zephyr OS.

Like nrf52-ble-image-transfer-demo, Can I use zephyr with an application that can transfer files with Android?

Or I would like to ask if there is a case in which Zephyr tried to implement file transmission via BLE.

Thanks you

우승우 <du5102@...>

Hi This is seungwoo

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have two more questions.

1.     nrf52810 pin setting

-      The nrf52810 pin can be set flexibly.

-      In other words, you can set the CTS RTS TX RX pin of the UART to be flexible.

-      nrf52810 Is the pin setting in zephyr code?

-      If yes, can I set up a guide?

-      How can I disable CTS and RTS in UART?

2.     nrf52810 binary flash

-      I know how to write stacks and applications to the chip at the Nordic site.

-      However, zephyr does not write the stack and application provided by Nordic.

-      Is this correct?

-      In other words, do I have to write nrf52810 separately to the zephyr build binary?

From: <devel@...> on behalf of 우승우 <du5102@...>
Date: Thursday, 18 October 2018 at 09:35
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>

Hi, This is seungwoo

I have a question

If you look at the site below, I can transfer BLE file using Nordic chip.

https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordic-q-a/33093/transfer-big-file-over-ble

nrf52-ble-image-transfer-demo çè Android-Image-Transfer-Demo   // file transfer

I am trying to develop a device with BLE functionality using nrf52810 in zephyr OS.

Like nrf52-ble-image-transfer-demo, Can I use zephyr with an application that can transfer files with Android?

Or I would like to ask if there is a case in which Zephyr tried to implement file transmission via BLE.

Thanks you

우승우 <du5102@...>

Hi This is seungwoo

I will contact you with further questions.

AP(zephyr) <-> nrf52810(zephyr)  interface UART

sample/Bluetooth

Or is there any code that can control nrf52810 on the AP?

Thanks you

From: <devel@...> on behalf of 우승우 <du5102@...>
Date: Thursday, 18 October 2018 at 09:35
To: "devel@..." <devel@...>

Hi, This is seungwoo

I have a question

If you look at the site below, I can transfer BLE file using Nordic chip.

https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordic-q-a/33093/transfer-big-file-over-ble

nrf52-ble-image-transfer-demo çè Android-Image-Transfer-Demo   // file transfer

I am trying to develop a device with BLE functionality using nrf52810 in zephyr OS.

Like nrf52-ble-image-transfer-demo, Can I use zephyr with an application that can transfer files with Android?

Or I would like to ask if there is a case in which Zephyr tried to implement file transmission via BLE.

Thanks you

우승우 <du5102@...>

Hi Carles

I have a question

NOW

Scenario

                               BLE file transfer                                    UART(file)

Android app (mcumgr) ----------------------à Nordic(nrf52810) ---------------à AP(zephyr OS)

refer to the following code you shared.

Check the smp server sample here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/tree/master/samples/subsys/mgmt/mcumgr/smp_svr

And the corresponding Android libraries here: https://github.com/runtimeco/mcumgr-android

I am aiming to send a file from mobile to BLE and ultimately to transfer the file to UART.

smp_svr Is this code the AP code or the hex code that I need to put in Nordic?

I do think, I need both Nordic code and AP code.?