From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of swapnil
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 7:05 PM
To: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Possibility to reduce the power consumption of peripheral device #ble #nrf52480

Hello,

In order to use the peripheral and central device for energy efficient application, I performed some power measurement test with the following configuration using nrf52 DK.

Central_hr sample application is used as it is without making any changes.

In Peripheral_hr sample application notification time is changed to 1 sec.

In menuconfig :

·               Device drivers:

o   Console drivers

o   Serial drivers

o   GPIO drivers

o   Use legacy SPI API

are disabled

·                 Debugging Options: everything is disabled

·                 Bluetooth: none of the debug option is enabled

The average Current consumption on Peripheral device is 390 μA and average power consumption is 1.31mW with 3.35 V source.

Once the peripheral starts notifying, there are continuous spikes in the measurements between 2 notifications. I also checked with different connection intervals and different notification periods but still, there are same spikes.

Is there any possibility to improve energy consumption even further?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Swapnil

swapnil <swapnil2007kadam@...>