Topics

Zephyr SDK 0.10.0-rc2 available

We are excited to announce the availability of a new pre-release of the Zephyr SDK.

This release of the SDK provides a major update to all tools and toolchains. The current SDK was based on yocto, this release uses crosstool-ng for the toolchains and yocto for the host tools.

Major changes in this release:

·       Use crosstool-ng for building the toolchains

·       Update toolchains to GCC 8.2

·       bossa: Update to 1.9.1

·       qemu: Update to release 3.1.0

·       Update openocd to Zephyr Branch from 20190130

The SDK is available for download from  https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/releases/tag/v0.10.0-rc2

Knowns issues:

-          Newlib with xtensa targets does not work yet.

-          1 nios2 tests fails to build

If you find any issues or have general feedback, use the following issue system to report:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/issues

Regards,

Anas Nashif

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Anas,

Do we make Zephyr 1.14 release with the stable 0.9.5 SDK?

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 12:55:48 +0000
"Nashif, Anas" <anas.nashif@...> wrote:

Hi,
We are excited to announce the availability of a new pre-release of
the Zephyr SDK.

This release of the SDK provides a major update to all tools and
toolchains. The current SDK was based on yocto, this release uses
crosstool-ng for the toolchains and yocto for the host tools.

Major changes in this release:
[]

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 20:21:01 +0300
"Paul Sokolovsky" <paul.sokolovsky@...> wrote:

Hello Anas,

Do we make Zephyr 1.14 release with the stable 0.9.5 SDK?
Ping @nashif.

Btw, nice upgrade in size comparing to "non-NG" SDK - from 300MB to
700MB. No chance that we just fix up the old SDK? ;-)

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 12:55:48 +0000
"Nashif, Anas" <anas.nashif@...> wrote:

Hi,
We are excited to announce the availability of a new pre-release of
the Zephyr SDK.

This release of the SDK provides a major update to all tools and
toolchains. The current SDK was based on yocto, this release uses
crosstool-ng for the toolchains and yocto for the host tools.

Major changes in this release:
[]

Btw, nice upgrade in size comparing to "non-NG" SDK - from 300MB to 700MB. No chance that we just fix up the old SDK? ;-)
That's due to multilib arm and arc both 80% of the SDK if I remember correctly :)

Do we make Zephyr 1.14 release with the stable 0.9.5 SDK?
Ping @nashif.

Btw, nice upgrade in size comparing to "non-NG" SDK - from 300MB to 700MB. No chance that we just fix up the old SDK? ;-)

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 12:55:48 +0000
"Nashif, Anas" <anas.nashif@...> wrote:

Hi,
We are excited to announce the availability of a new pre-release of
the Zephyr SDK.

This release of the SDK provides a major update to all tools and
toolchains. The current SDK was based on yocto, this release uses
crosstool-ng for the toolchains and yocto for the host tools.

Major changes in this release:
[]

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs Follow Linaro: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro

Do we make Zephyr 1.14 release with the stable 0.9.5 SDK?
No, Zephyr release is not tied to a toolchain. The SDK was always a one stop for everything you need to build and use zephyr, but you should be able to use any toolchain.

Do we make Zephyr 1.14 release with the stable 0.9.5 SDK?

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 12:55:48 +0000
"Nashif, Anas" <anas.nashif@...> wrote:

Hi,
We are excited to announce the availability of a new pre-release of
the Zephyr SDK.

This release of the SDK provides a major update to all tools and
toolchains. The current SDK was based on yocto, this release uses
crosstool-ng for the toolchains and yocto for the host tools.

Major changes in this release:
[]

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs Follow Linaro: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro

Henrik Brix Andersen

Hi Anas,

Sweet! I have been using -rc2 for my daily work for the last couple of weeks without issues.

Well, except one. Is it possible to pull in the RISC-V RV32M1 support patches to openocd in the final 0.10.0?
Currently, we need to use a custom openocd when dealing with this SoC (see e.g. https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/riscv32/rv32m1_vega/doc/index.html).

Best regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 5 Feb 2019, at 13.55, Nashif, Anas <anas.nashif@...> wrote:

Hi,
[...]

Kumar Gala

On Feb 20, 2019, at 10:03 AM, Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@...> wrote:

[...]

On 20 Feb 2019, at 17.08, Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...> wrote:

I pulled in some patches for openocd:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/openocd/commit/3f1f90b7cfc5ae0e3f0b17d0f0cf876ee5981e8f
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/openocd/commit/d34bc2055d3d749c3176a20541e4296a44ed1fa2

Any other changes we need?
Great! That should be enough.

I had a couple of issues with openocd on an RV32M1 earlier on.
The issue was related to selecting the boot mode and then flashing an application, , but I cannot reproduce it now with -rc2.

Thanks,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen