West Issue

Henrik Brix Andersen

Hi,

Why are you using sudo to run ninja flash? That will execute ninja as root and therefore also west as root.
When you are running “west init” you run it as your regular user.

Regards,
Brix

--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 14 Feb 2019, at 20.02, Brianna Fahrenkopf <bfahrenkopf@...> wrote:

Hello,

We are creating a project using Zephyr and whenever I try to flash to my board I receive this error about west even though it says that west is initialized. I saw some thread online about this issue but I can’t seem to find a resolution. Any help would be appreciated.

<Messages Image(2796314178).png>

Kind Regards,
Brianna Fahrenkopf

Carles Cufi

Hi Brianna,

A few things to try and check:

  1. Make sure you exit the current shell and open a new one if you had sourced zephyr-env.sh in a pre-west zephyr tree with that shell, since that places the wrong west in the path
  2. Make sure that you clean the build/build folder completely (delete it) since there might be pre-west artifacts
  3. Make sure that you have run “west init -l zephyr/” if you were initializing an existing zephyr copy
  4. Run “west –version” from within the zephyr folder and you should see 2 lines, both with 0.5.1 or higher

Carles