From: devel@... <devel@...> On Behalf Of henry.wagner via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org
Sent: 29 March 2019 22:41
To: devel@...
Cc: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] #ble #nrf52840

After implementing a throughput test for BLE using #nrf52840 hardware and Zephyr 1.14-rc1, notice some curious behavior in data we are collecting.  The test seems to show that sending data from the central (client) to peripheral (server) throughput performance is relatively balanced per connection but one peripheral seems to get little data and one peripheral get more.  In data flow from the peripherals to the central, it is much more unbalanced with one or two peripherals having all the throughput and the others having none.

The central to peripheral is 1:N where the central is a single point source.  The many peripherals to central is an N:1 with many sources.  In my case N is 1 up to 5, but would like to be greater.  The overall aggregate throughput is constant, just not evenly distributed among the BLE devices or comm directions.  Using DLE and 2M PHY

Any thoughts to why this behavior is present and how to diagnose/resolve to produce consistent and balanced throughput among the BLE devices?    Do I have something misconfigured in my devices?  Can share if that will help.