Topics

New bee


Siva Subrahmanyam
 

Hi,

I want to contribute my weekend time on development/maintenance activity on any opensource project. Right now i am working for IOT Start up working o BLE 4.0 using Nordic chips.

So i thought going with zephyr project. please let me know how to
start/contribute further.

Regards,
Siva.


Thea Aldrich
 

Hello Siva,
Welcome to the Zephyr Project! Thank you so much for your interest in participating. I can also help connect you with the teams working on specific subsystems or initiatives you're interested in. Would you like to continue working on BLE or would you like to explore other areas? 

I have included a few links below to help you get acquainted with our process, etc. 


Please let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help you get started as a contributor and connect you with the rest of our incredible community. And again, welcome!

Best,
Thea Aldrich
Zephyr Project Developer Advocate

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 7:05 AM Siva Subrahmanyam <nallamalli.siva@...> wrote:
Hi,

I want to contribute my weekend time on development/maintenance activity on any opensource project. Right now i am working for IOT Start up working o BLE 4.0 using Nordic chips.

So i thought going with zephyr project. please let me know how to
start/contribute further.

Regards,
Siva.


Siva Subrahmanyam
 

Hi Aldrich,

I want to work on device side first & later move on to bluetooth, I got a bunch of nrf52 boards.

Regards,
Siva.


On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 6:49 PM Thea Aldrich <aldrich.thea@...> wrote:
Hello Siva,
Welcome to the Zephyr Project! Thank you so much for your interest in participating. I can also help connect you with the teams working on specific subsystems or initiatives you're interested in. Would you like to continue working on BLE or would you like to explore other areas? 

I have included a few links below to help you get acquainted with our process, etc. 


Please let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help you get started as a contributor and connect you with the rest of our incredible community. And again, welcome!

Best,
Thea Aldrich
Zephyr Project Developer Advocate

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 7:05 AM Siva Subrahmanyam <nallamalli.siva@...> wrote:
Hi,

I want to contribute my weekend time on development/maintenance activity on any opensource project. Right now i am working for IOT Start up working o BLE 4.0 using Nordic chips.

So i thought going with zephyr project. please let me know how to
start/contribute further.

Regards,
Siva.


Thea Aldrich
 

Hi Siva,
In that case, I would start by checking the GitHub Issues and search the opens with the label "Platform: nRF." IIRC it will be purple. 

I recommend starting out with low priority bugs for a first commit. They will be tagged with the green label "low." Some issues may already have a pull request associated with it so make sure to check in the history and comments section prior to getting started on your solution. You can find the code style and commit guidelines in the Contributor Guide

Hope that helps.

Best,
Thea



Best,
Thea

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 11:19 PM Siva Subrahmanyam <nallamalli.siva@...> wrote:
Hi Aldrich,

I want to work on device side first & later move on to bluetooth, I got a bunch of nrf52 boards.

Regards,
Siva.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 6:49 PM Thea Aldrich <aldrich.thea@...> wrote:
Hello Siva,
Welcome to the Zephyr Project! Thank you so much for your interest in participating. I can also help connect you with the teams working on specific subsystems or initiatives you're interested in. Would you like to continue working on BLE or would you like to explore other areas? 

I have included a few links below to help you get acquainted with our process, etc. 


Please let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help you get started as a contributor and connect you with the rest of our incredible community. And again, welcome!

Best,
Thea Aldrich
Zephyr Project Developer Advocate

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 7:05 AM Siva Subrahmanyam <nallamalli.siva@...> wrote:
Hi,

I want to contribute my weekend time on development/maintenance activity on any opensource project. Right now i am working for IOT Start up working o BLE 4.0 using Nordic chips.

So i thought going with zephyr project. please let me know how to
start/contribute further.

Regards,
Siva.