Topics

Zephyr Release 2.1: Status Nov 11, 2019

David Leach

The v2.1.0-rc1 is under test. The release schedule was to have a RC3 tagged by this weekend but we have not achieved RC2 level of quality yet. Current tradition is to have zero high priority bugs before tagging RC2 and we are at 4 right now. For this and due to US holiday crunch, we are shifting out the 2.1.0 release dates by a week.

Note, to allow sufficient test cycle before final release, the RC3 candidate tag will be applied when we reach 0 high priority bugs and 20 medium priority bugs.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Program-Management

If there are outstanding bugfix PRs that need to get into the 2.1 release than tag them with the “v2.1.0” milestone and work with the maintainers to approve and merge the PR.

Issues statistics:

Priority

Count

Change from last report

High

4

+2

Medium

41

+3

Low

198

+37

No priority

2

-1

Over the last 4 weeks we have opened 149 new issues and closed 154 with 245 active issues. A burst of new issues have come in from Coverity scans which had been blocked for some period of time.

David Leach

NXP Semiconductors

phone: +1.210.241.6761

Email: david.leach@...

David Leach

Let me add a bit of emphasis. If you are working on a bug fix for a bug marked as “low priority” you should stop and move to one marked “medium” or “high” priority. We can pick up the low priority bugs at the beginning of the next release cycle.