Topics

API meeting: agenda

Tomorrow we will discuss an RFC that is ready to be merged, two items that were raised in last week's TSC and we will check on progress with the GPIO porting.

- RFC (ready to merge): on-off service request and release

- Discussion: Stability documentation for APIs. Should it be documented in Doxygen?

- Discussion: What exactly is subject to the API lifecycle deprecation policies described in https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/development_process/api_lifecycle.html?
- APIs only
- APIs, Kconfig options, DeviceTree format
- APIs, Kconfig options, DeviceTree format, subsystems, drivers, boards and SoCs

- GPIO update (users)
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/20017

I'd like to amend the agenda for today's meeting with the following PRs which have been waiting for resolution for a while:

- PR: Validate pin ordinals in wrapper functions

- PR: Add discussion of terms that define API behavior

Behalf Of Cufi, Carles via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org
Sent: 20 January 2020 18:05
To: devel@...; users@...
Cc: devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] API meeting: agenda

Hi all,

Tomorrow we will discuss an RFC that is ready to be merged, two items
that were raised in last week's TSC and we will check on progress with
the GPIO porting.

- RFC (ready to merge): on-off service request and release

- Discussion: Stability documentation for APIs. Should it be documented
in Doxygen?

- Discussion: What exactly is subject to the API lifecycle deprecation
policies described in
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/development_process/api_lifecycle.
html?
- APIs only
- APIs, Kconfig options, DeviceTree format
- APIs, Kconfig options, DeviceTree format, subsystems, drivers,
boards and SoCs

- GPIO update (users)
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/20017

Additional items in the "Triage" column in the GitHub project may be
discussed if time permits.
If you want an item included in the meeting, please add it to the GitHub
project.

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-
Working-Group-Meetings#zephyr-api-discussion
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lv-
8B5QE2m4FjBcvfqAXFIgQfW5oz6306zJ7GIZIWCk/edit