Contributing with custom sensor driver

morsisko

Hello,

I wanted to ask what is your policy on adding new sensor drivers to the project repository.
Let's say I've created a driver to a sensor that is currently not supported by the Zephyr system. Are you accepting pull requests with such drivers? Or maybe you want to keep only selected sensor drivers in the main repository? Do I need to be the chip manufacturer to push the driver? Because as far as I see, majority of the drivers that are currently in the repository are licensed by Intel, NXP or other big companies.

Best regards,
morsisko

Zephyr is an open source project. Anyone can send a Pull Request and get their code merged into the main branch. The fact that many contributions come from companies does not mean that individuals do not contribute, they do in large numbers.

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/index.html