Topics

[Members] Enforcing a 2-approval policy in GitHub: request for more help with PR reviewing

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Ioannis,

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 21:05:02 +0000
"Glaropoulos, Ioannis" <Ioannis.Glaropoulos@...> wrote:

Dear Zephyr developers,
According to the Zephyr Project Roles and Contribution Guidelines
documentation
(https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/contribute/project_roles.html#merge-criteria),
pull requests against the Project’s main branch may be merged with 2
approvals. Until now, we have been applying this policy in GitHub,
exclusively during Zephyr release stabilization periods (applying
1-approval policy, otherwise). I would like to notify everyone that
as of now we will permanently enforce the 2-approval policy.
Consequently, from now on, we will be needing extra assistance in PR
reviews to maintain a high-enough rate of getting PRs approved and
merged to Zephyr master branch.
Thanks for the notification, Ioannis. I might have missed the discussion
and decision-making behind this change, can you please point to the
discussion thread where it happened?

A big thanks-in-advance to all for your extra efforts in PR reviewing
😊 Best Regards,
Ioannis glaropoulos | R&D
P +47 21 08 88 37 | Oslo, Norway
nordicsemi.com<http://www.nordicsemi.com/> |
devzone.nordicsemi.com<https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/>

[Nordic_logo_signature]<http://www.nordicsemi.com/>
[]

Glaropoulos, Ioannis

Hi Paul,
Sure, let me post here for everyone's reference:

On Feb 2020 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xiO721JwqW_H_BpGMOJ4PY3vLVy7nxW2fhy841nsP10/edit#heading=h.7ckwoo5xq75a) Zephyr TSC approved the Process Improvement Forum's proposal around Project Roles and Contribution Workflow as it was described in: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/15k2yLWL6KeisNfhso4-tMIY9MT1jjJGUpAHRGl83w6g/edit?ts=5e31e5c1&pli=1#slide=id.p For the 2-approval policy, please, refer to the slide about "Merge Criteria".

/Ioannis

Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs Follow Linaro: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro