mqtt support

yojanse duarte <yojanseduarte@...>

Hi,
Im needing your help to run an example, its about mqtt k64f sample.
image.pngThis is my mosquitto suscriber with some received message from other pc, I need to send from my k64f but I get this on console.
image.png

Benedikt Schmidt

Hi yojanse,

from the output of mosquitto it really looks like the server socket binding fails. Have you tried connecting from a different machine for instance via telnet to port 1883 to check if it is actually reachable? If this doesn't help, try running wireshark on the MQTT broker to check out what is happening.

Regards,

Benedikt Schmidt
Embedded Software Engineer
SILA Embedded Solutions GmbH
Framsweg 16
6020 Innsbruck
Austria
+43 512 319492
www.embedded-solutions.at
FN 408741s, HG St. Pölten

On 04.05.22 18:01, yojanse duarte via lists.zephyrproject.org wrote:

Hi,
Im needing your help to run an example, its about mqtt k64f sample.
image.pngThis is my mosquitto suscriber with some received message from other pc, I need to send from my k64f but I get this on console.
image.png

Lubos, Robert

Hi,

From the log you’ve provided it looks that you’re using the default mosquitto configuration. Since some mosquitto release (I don’t recall which exactly), it is no longer possible to connect to a server running in a default configuration from a remote machine (and mosquitto informs you about that, please read the log carefully).

You need to create a custom config file (you can use the default config as a reference) and enable certain options, as explained in https://mosquitto.org/documentation/authentication-methods/ (in this particular case you’re interested in unauthenticated access). Then you need to run mosquitto, using that custom configuration (mosquitto -c <your_config>.conf).

Regards,

Robert